Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM) Do you ever start typing and find yourself wondering, "when did this become a novel?"
AnimalLover4... : (21 November 2017 - 10:22 PM) Eiji Otsuka.
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM) Where?   :icon_lordhimuro:
AnimalLover4... : (22 November 2017 - 06:19 AM) LOL

Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Frame 2 RPG sequal?! :O

Fatal Frame II Project Zero II Fanworks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

So I just found this:

http://www.rpgmakerv....php/t2787.html

....... OMG!? FINALLY SOMEONE MADE A FF2  RPG GAME! :DDD

P.s. Wasn't 100% sure where to post this so I posted it here. Please move it if it's not supposed to be here ^^.

photo 4Minute-Crazy-siggie_zps3stelepe.png

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 695 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Very interesting and nice to see fan games.  However I hope that them saying Mio is older is due to the All God's village belief.  If they actually think that's how it is then well......

#3 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

It could also be a typo, or a translation error. But Mio was the "older" twin wasn;t she?  Anyway this sequal certainly blows all the  Fatal Frame 2 endings out of the water except for the Xbox extra ending (forgot what it's called ><).

#4 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

I've heard of RPG maker. The graphics look like NES/SNES era RPG's. I suppose this kind of software is good for practicing game design from a more higher level perspective without the need for excessive coding. It's a good way to start and put something together. I used to follow these kind of fan projects and hobbyist projects in general. Most of them end up dead pretty soon because the creators lose motivation or lack required skills/team members. There have been some that are still active after years of work and I'll make a thread about one of them in the Zelda section. It's a sort Ura Zelda restoration project.

Edit. I won't be making that post. The project has been cancelled.

#5 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Moving this to Fanworks, since it's only a fangame and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for nothing. ^_^

This is pretty cool, though! I was just thinking last week about the fangame possibilities of RPG Maker, and I'm glad to see someone else has done more than think about it. Thanks for posting the link, NightmarePictures!

ETA: Oh man, I just noticed the date on that topic. No word since 2008? That doesn't sound terribly promising. Still, maybe it'll inspire somebody else to have a go.

#6 OFFLINE   Zerg

Zerg

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 61 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

yes, sad ni news sincw 2008, looked really cool like gameboy/NES game only better graphics. have someone downloaded demo and had it looked?

#7 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Gonna try to find out what's happened so we all know for sure whats going on :)

Will keep you updated

#8 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Seems like the project is dead like most fan projects end up being. Putting together a game is more difficult and time-consuming than many people realize. They start with enthusiasm but then drop the project when it gets difficult.

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 695 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Mio is the biologically younger twin.

Also the fangame sounds like fanfiction to me because its got the spirits haunting the village again.

Also I love 2's endings. C:

#10 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

Hey Everyone! as promised I have been checking my email since creating that account on the rpg maker forum and the guy hasn;t replied at all. I think it's safe to say the project is dead, and that member could very well have left years ago..

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up :( But hey! now we have inspiration yes???

Edit - Midwinter I'm soooooo sorry I didn;'t mean to ignore you! You're welcome about posting this topic ^^. Figured it was something we all would find pretty cool XD.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Project Zero II, Fanworks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users