Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Frame Fan Film

Fatal Frame Fanworks Movie Opinion

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

almost finished the re-write of my script. I'll be posting some exciting information soon. I hope people are watching.

Yes! I want to know more about your film^^

198003testsakuya.png

#22 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'm eager to see how this is will turn out.  This is probably part of the news, but have you pinned down an exact premise?  

#23 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

Yes, I have the exact premise. I don't want to give anything away just yet. The news is actually that I will be holding a title art contest! The details and rules will follow in another post later in this section. But the "prize" is that the wining design will be used not only in the film itself, but all the promotional material we will be putting out. Such as the upcoming web site and the memorabilia we will have made to use as perk gifts in our crowdfunding campaign.

And yes... The winning artist's name in the credits.

There will be some specific restrictions on this contest, so stay tuned for the official rules and details.

#24 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yes, I have the exact premise. I don't want to give anything away just yet. The news is actually that I will be holding a title art contest! The details and rules will follow in another post later in this section. But the "prize" is that the wining design will be used not only in the film itself, but all the promotional material we will be putting out. Such as the upcoming web site and the memorabilia we will have made to use as perk gifts in our crowdfunding campaign.

And yes... The winning artist's name in the credits.

There will be some specific restrictions on this contest, so stay tuned for the official rules and details.

Cool :)

198003testsakuya.png

#25 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:31 AM

NEW UPDATE 2014 JAN 21!!!!
Alright... I haven't updated her in a long time and I'm sorry. Zero: Prologue is still in preproduction and moving along very well. i am building a model of Himuro mansion to be used in the film, you can see some test photos on my project FB page: www.facebook.com/Zero.Prologue please Like and share! I'm also going to be doing a miniature of the Demon Mouth and at least TWO Camera Obscura props! I will be launching a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo in the next few weeks I think, so I'm hoping everyone here will support the project as much as they can. This IS for you guys after all...
My title art contest was a bust, so still no logo. If anyone is interested, contact me at rainstadpictures@gmail.com I don't want to post any details about the plot yet as I want it to be a surprise, but I agree that you should know what it is you are working on. What I CAN say is: this story is all original material and takes place WELL before the events in the first game. We will be casting very soon and my 1st assistant director and I will be scouting locations as early as tomorrow.

This has become a very BIG project dispite it's short run time, but I am pouring all my energy into making it as good as we can and honouring the canon of the Fatal Frame world. A fan film BY fans FOR fans... So it's got to be RIGHT.

Hopefully I can update you guys a little more frequently, but please keep ypur eyes on my FB page and Twitter for the most up-to-date info. My twitter handle is ( I hope I get this right) @Hermit_Dragon
Please follow me and RT when you can.

#26 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 231 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

Nice to see that the Project is going strong. I had my doubts when you didn't update anything in a long time since I've seen so many fan projects collapse and get cancelled. Hopefully things go well with the crowdfunding campaign.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#27 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:42 AM

yeah... sorry about that. I've been so preoccupied with the project itself, I forgot to post here. I'm focusing on my FB page and Twitter more for updates.

twitter is : @Hermit_Dragon

and FB  is: www.facebook.com/Zero.Prologue

You'll see the most up-to-date stuff on them.

CHeers,

Dennis

Rainstad Pictures

#28 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'm happy to see more updates! The Himuro Mansion model is gorgeous. I'm also really curious about the plot, though - can't you give us just a hint or two? :P

On the other hand, not to be a killjoy, but is a crowdfunding campaign a good idea for an unauthorised fan-project? A fanmade film is all well and good, but once money becomes involved on any kind of scale (even just to cover costs - I assume this isn't going to be for-profit?), I'd be worried about Tecmo, Nintendo or Dreamworks coming in to shut it down. I'm pretty sure Kickstarter T&C prevents any campaigns that might infringe on copyrighted material, too. Do you have plans to get around that?

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#29 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

the only hint I'll give at this point is it takes place a good number of years before the events in the first game.

As for the crowdfunding, it's perfectly ok as long as it's not-for-profit. there are a fair number of fan-works being crowdfunded across all the platforms. I'm still trying to get in touch with the companies you mentioned... I would LOVE to get Tecmo's blessing (and permission to use their logo at the beginning of the film) but so far... no response.

we will be doing an open audition in about 2 weeks to get the cast locked in and one of the ideas I had as a perk in the crowdfunding was to offer backers the chance to be put into the movie as an easter-egg ghost.... what do you guys think of that idea?

#30 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

now working on the TWO Camera Obscura props for the film! I decided to make them from scratch as the real camera that Tecmo modeled the Obscura after are A) too expensive, and B) actually quite different than what we see in the game. production photos to come in the near future when the Camera Obscuras are a little more... photogenic! LOL

a little teaser... you will get to see what the inside of the Camera looks like.... that's all I'll say for now. 

#31 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

Were you able to hold auditions?  How did it go?

#32 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

I'm curious to see how this will go.  Keep up the good work and I hope to see this someday. :)

#33 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

Hex, sadly, not yet. I got a client project that just WON'T end! but finally I am ALMOST finished with this video from hell and can get back to my Fatal Frame project by the end of next week... then I'll pick up where I left off. haven't abandoned it... so no worries there

#34 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

It's been a month since we last heard from you, everything still going okay?  

#35 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

Hex, yeah... I just put Zero: Prologue on hold for a bit to do a competition video for Rode microphone's contest: My Rode Reel. My entry is right up the same alky as Zero... it's called The Tram. Please visit our FB and Twitter to check it out: facebook.com/TheTramMovie twitter: @TheTramMovie
Actually, i just offered the part of Kirie to the girl that is playing the antagonist in The Tram... So I'll be getting Back to the Zero: Prologue as soon as i finish The Tram.it would be great if evereyone here could Like and follow The Tram and vote for me when it's finished. The prize is a CRAPLOAD of pro grade filmmaking gear, so me winning will make Zero: Prologue EVEN better!!

#36 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

The Tram is finished! Please follow this link: http://www.rodemic.c...ereel/watch/380 and click the vote button to the right. and share on your social media everyone! Like I said in my last post, winning this video contest will only make Zero: Prologue even BETTER! Now I'm getting back to work on Zero I have the Camera Obscura prop about 80% complete. After that, it's on to casting and costumes. I still gotta figure out where I'm gonna get the money for sets n costumes... BitI am BACK on it!

#37 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

crap! stupid wireless keyboard eating batteries.. that link was supposed to be rodemic.com/myrodereel/watch/380

please go and vote for me so I cna make a really awesome Zero fan film with some serious pro grade gear!

#38 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

OK! LOOOOONG overdue update on the Zero: Prologue fan film!

I am finished the Camera Obscura prop, I have cast my actors and I'm now making the costumes. I will begin Principle Photography as early as next week! (Oct 27- Oct 31 2014)I have to get back to finishing the Himuro Mansion model, as there is still a bit of the outer wall and the courtyard left to make. I'm also going to be building a couple small sets so that some of the iconic locations in the mansion are featured. I will be shooting with one (or HOPEFULLY two!) Canon 5D mk III and relying heavily on shallow depth of field and a lot of atmospheric lighting tricks to up the production value of this thing.

If it all goes off as I have planned, it'll make you all proud (and hopefully Tecmo too!)

I'm estimating a release date at this point around Christmas time 2014 or New years 2015.

On a side note, I am also deep into planning my first FEATURE LENGTH film. It is an extension of The Tram short I did a couple months back for the My Rode Reel competition, and it's gonna be a full blown production WITH a theatrical release in Hong Kong at LEAST (if I play my cards right) 

Keep your eyes peeled...

#39 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 267 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

Oh my ! Can't wait ~ ^^ I hope everything will go according as planned :> 

So how long this film will be ? And can we get some teaser pictures of your cast and costumes? ^^

#40 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

It will be around 15 minutes long... Sorry, no teasers yet... I kindda want it to be a surprise. lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Fanworks, Movie, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users