Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
- - - - -

Fatal Frame Fan Film

Fatal Frame Fanworks Movie Opinion

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this... but here goes.

As some of you may remember from the old forums, I have been working on/planning a Fatal Frame film for quite some time. I even made a test prop resembling the FF2 camera obscura... well, I have not given up that idea, and in fact I'm almost finished re-writing the script. 

Here's the thing... as I want it to be a FAN film.. I want to get some input from other fans. 

1. would you prefer to see a mini-series with more of an action/horror feel similar to how the Resident Evil films went? Meaning keep most if not all the iconic ghosts but stretch it out to say... 5 1/2 hour episodes where Miku gets more confident and fights back?

OR

2. cut it down to a 2 hour feature and cut out many of the lesser ghosts and make it more of a narrative and focus on Miku finding Kirie and defeating her. maybe just have the lesser ghosts as Easter eggs in the film?

your thoughts?

• Yashuu likes this

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

Oooh, this sounds really cool. It's certainly a really ambitious project, and I salute you for attempting it!

Personally, I'd definitely go with the second option. Fatal Frame has always seemed different from the other action/horror games that just set up monster after monster for you to knock down and level up; it encourages you to think about the story and to see the ghosts as people, and I love it for that.

But that's just my opinion. Either way, good luck with it! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

#3 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thanks Midwinter. I actually had a number of posts related to this in the old forum.. too bad they are gone. Emi knows about this if she even remembers! lol it's been a while since I haunted the BCL boards. I'll be updating as I can. I'm actually working on 3 films at the moment and a mini documentary and some other stuff. I just hope there is still enough Fatal Frame fans out there that this is still worth doing... it would be a shame if all this is for naught. 

#4 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I agree with midwinter for the 2nd option.

I think for story purposes it would flow better in a 2 hour feature like you said & focusing on Miku a lot is always a plus!

But that's really awesome! I wish you the best of luck!!

#5 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well.. I figured I'd syart from the beginning.. and building a whole village set will cost an obscene amount of money and permits.. blah blah blah... lets see what hapens with this one first then ill think aboutdoing a Crimson Butterfly ^-^

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

I agree with midwinter for the 2nd option.

I think for story purposes it would flow better in a 2 hour feature like you said & focusing on Miku a lot is always a plus!

But that's really awesome! I wish you the best of luck!!

I agree with you :)

Me too, I wish you good luck!

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

ok.. as this is a FAN film... I want to hear from you guys. I am doing some severe editing and re-writing on the script. There are going to be a lot of ghosts cut from the film. which secondary ghosts do you think should be essential to keep? for now, lets just think main plot... not gonna consider what is possible on a meager budget as of yet... maybe some like broken neck and long arms will get the ax due to money... 

So yeah, I'll lean more towards a narrative story and try to keep it creepy and dramatic rather than action heavy.  I will tell you there is a good amount of original material that was NOT part of the game... but I'll let you guess what that may be for the time being.

As I said, this is a FAN film, so I want to give you guys a chance to contribute what YOU think should and shouldn't be in this. so give me your opinions on which secondary ghosts should be killed (again) and which you think MUST stay in. And if you have any other suggestions, feel free to post here or PM me.

#8 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hmm, it's hard to say without knowing the flow of the script.  The Novelist's Group, Blinded and Kirie are definite musts.  Lord Himuro might be a good idea, but I know his look isn't the easiest to recreate.   :thinking:

The Munakatas are something I'd love to see, but I don't know if you could tell their story without Long Arms or the other kids.  It really depends on which parts of the story you want to focus on, and the original material you have planned.  Either way, I'm really curious to see how this turns out!

#9 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Does Miyuki count as a ghost?

My wishes for secondary characters:

* The Demon Tag Children (I don't know if you keep in the storyline from the game. If so, I would love to see the kids returning as they are some kind of major plot device in the second chapter, alongside Blinded)

* The Former Rope Shrine Maiden (To explain the ritual. Maybe you could add a little story behind her appearance in the game or even make her the daughter of Long Arms)

* Maybe the Bound Man (You could use the theory that he is Kunihiko Asou, just as an example) 

(* The Headless Priests with the Himuro Family Master, but as Hex said, their looks aren't the easiest)

Anyway I just want to wish you good luck and success! :)

#10 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Agreed, the novelist's group and blinded and Kirie are staying. the main focus of this will be on Miku and her finding her brother and breaking the curse. both young and older Kirie will be in it and Miku (duh) and Mafuyuu. The novelist and his team are more or less plot devices and I don't think too much screen time needs to be spent on them as they are already dead before the story starts.. the flashback moments that explain what happen to them should be enough.

Blinded is kindda my love-to-hate ghost... she pissed me off so much in the game that I want some payback when *I'M* in control! lol

Anyways, I just want some ideas of what YOU guys would like to see... I may get inspired to go off in a direction I hadn't thought of.

I want to keep as true to canon as possible while trying to make it fresh and new.. lets face it.. the game is what? 10-12 years old? I want to get into Miku's character more. hell I could make a miniseries at a later point detailing each of the major secondary ghosts back stories! O-o Basically, I'm going for original content without contradicting canon... kindda a re-telling of the story, but familiar enough not to piss off fans for ruining it as most Hollywood adaptations do.

#11 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

I'm finally reading the Zero novelization translation and it's giving me some great ideas on what direction to go with this film. I want to hear from you guys though... would you like to see more of Kirie (both grown and child) and well as more of Mafuyuu as a real person rather than a plot device? I don't mean to follow the story of Mafuyuu novelizing the game and all that. but give him (and adult Kirie for that matter) more empathy points so the story is more heart-wrenching.  then the Canon ending wont be such a piss-off! lol

I'm still planning on centering on Miku, but would adding more of Mafuyuu and Kirie in the story be good?

Your thoughts?

#12 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

I really like the idea of showing more Kirie while keeping Miku center. However I just have such a distaste toward Mafuyu just seeing him more would make me cringe ugh!

#13 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

LOL, well I was thinking of vindicating him a bit cus I hated him at the end of the game too cus of him staying after all that crap Miku went through. This way, you hopefully don't dislike him so much cus he's a real person... I want to make the viewer feel sorry for him and Kirie like I'm sure the game was supposed to.

#14 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I just got done a meeting with my local screenwriting circle here in Hong Kong today. It was suggested that i do a prequel focusing on Dr. Asou instead of a adaptation of the game. What do you all think of this idea?

#15 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

I just got done a meeting with my local screenwriting circle here in Hong Kong today. It was suggested that i do a prequel focusing on Dr. Asou instead of a adaptation of the game. What do you all think of this idea?

I still prefer the adaption of the game :)

But a prequel focusing on Dr.Asou is a very great idea, and I wont be disappointed if you decide to choose this option ;)

198003testsakuya.png

#16 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

BIG NEWS UPDATE!!! 

Just got done meeting with my production crew. We are going to shoot a short Fatal Frame prolog. I have a meeting tomorrow to start blocking out the script and we will begin principle photography in a few weeks.

Emi, I would like to see if you would be interested in creating a dedicated section for this? The prolog will be very short, but give everyone an idea of what we can do and hopefully generate buzz for the feature project.

I won't give anything away except to say that this is original material and I think fans will love it!

#17 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

I think it would be best to ditch the camera for a film adaptation. It sounds weird since it's arguably the defining feature of the series, but I can't see it transitioning to a non-interactive medium without feeling really cheesy.

The camera is a gameplay mechanic mainly, I don't think it'll add anything to a film.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#18 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Actually... We are working out the details about that. I thonk the camera will not feature as prominently as it does in the game. But I see your point, and I'll keep that in mind as we go forward on this project. Without the camera though, it just won' be Fatal Frame... It would end up just being another Asian horror style haunted house movie.

#19 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Yashuu, you gave me a great idea! I started writing a script with Kirie as the protagonist detailing jer life and wvents up to and including the Calamity. Sort of prequel to Fatal Frame. Now I'm seriously looking into getting ahold of Tecmo about this. If anyone has any info that can help, it would be greatly apreciated!
  • Yashuu likes this

#20 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

almost finished the re-write of my script. I'll be posting some exciting information soon. I hope people are watching.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Fanworks, Movie, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users