Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo

Would you like to visit?

Fatal Frame Project Zero Locations Opinion

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

So is anyone brave enough to visit the real Himuro Mansion in Japan? Its not cursed or haunted. Its just a plain old house. Would you visit and explore on the day or night? If so why or why not?

I would like to explore at night with maybe a candle light or flashlight just to get into the mood. I'm kinda fearful of the first game compared to the others. I dont play it for reasons of mine and this would be a nice treat.

photos here

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 690 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

If I was ever in Japan then h e c k yeah I would.

Freaking glitch saying I put hamburgers.

#3 ONLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

..........you guys are seriously not thinking big you'd have the whole of japan to explore 

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#4 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Of course I'd like to visit it!

I'd like to go there at night, with my two best-friends :3

& I would go in the Himuro Mansion with only a lantern ( you know, the one Miku has when she wears one of her costumes...) and the Camera Obscura ;D

198003testsakuya.png

#5 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Would be nice to visit but maybe a bit boring since the place is not really haunted. I'd prefer to go there and collect some evidence of ghostly activity.

#6 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

I don't believe there is a "real Himuro Mansion". If it did exist, yeah, I would like to visit it; I love the settings of Fatal Frame, so it would be awesome to spend time in a place that they were based on.

#7 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Same as midwinter. If there is a Himuro Mansion I would definitely go for a visit. I think I've read something about a window where an image of a young girl can be seen if photographed. My main goal would be finding that window!   :icon_kizuna:

#8 OFFLINE   HollieW

HollieW

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLytham St. Anne's, UK

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

it would be kinda cool to see the real thing up close and personal, i'd never pass up the opportunity to see it :)

#9 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

I would probably visit it just to say I did! It would be pretty interesting although I probably wouldn't stay for too long haha

#10 OFFLINE   Zombie369

Zombie369

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

If the house that the game is inspired by was really haunted than yeah I would love to visit it. I have a strange fondness for places that are said to really be haunted, that's why I watch shows like Ghost Adventures. :)

#11 OFFLINE   Super00141

Super00141

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Id rather go there then to Alcatraz!

Who cares if its not haunted, Its really a beutiful mansion!

#12 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

i think Himuro is not real mansion

but some of these old mansions really exist in Japan

one thing to say they are almost all opened for exhibition

about abandoned buildings 

yes these also exist in Japan and i know some of them 

and also many of them under police control so you cannot go inside because they are closed

but guys if you have a chance to visit some haunted house aren't you afraid? :)

Edited by Sosezi, 18 February 2014 - 09:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Locations, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users