Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo

Contest Entry

Fatal Frame II Fatal Frame III Contest Entry Fanfiction Mio Amakura Mayu Amakura Kei Amakura

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

As promised, here is my predictably awful contest entry.  I'll be competing for the guidebook, please.  There are some warnings involved, so I am putting them behind a spoiler for those who just want to read it without.  If you are prone to triggers, please check the first spoiler box for warnings.

Spoiler

This spoiler box has the actual story itself.

Spoiler

• midwinter, Hex and estirose like this

#2 OFFLINE   estirose

estirose

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

This is wonderfully sad. It captures the twins so well, and how Mio cares so much that she'd do anything.

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

You captured the feeling of Mayu haunting Mio so perfectly that I'm sitting here freezing.  Just wow.  I really liked the comment about other Remainings experiencing the same thing; it just added a lot to the already bleak atmosphere and would make for another good fic.  Thank youuu for posting.

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Oh wow, I have to agree with the others. The portrayal of the haunting is so bleak and eerie and heartbreaking, especially Mayu destroying Kei's books. There are a bunch of little details I liked as well, like Kei talking to Yuu and Mafuyu, the bit about the Remaining that Hex mentioned, and Mio's clothes being a reminder of Mayu because they chose their outfits to match. Don't put yourself down, it's the opposite of awful! I said it before, but I'm really glad you posted it.

#5 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

Unfortunately I'm just echoing the same thing, the others have said: Your story is so incredibly sad and you captured the feelings of Mio so good...*Sniff* Why do you think it's bad? It's gorgeous! Especially the small details such as Kei's reactions or Mayu's changing in appearence. Amazing work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Fatal Frame III, Contest Entry, Fanfiction, Mio Amakura, Mayu Amakura, Kei Amakura

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users