Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo

Contest entry fanfic

Fatal Frame Fatal Frame II Yae Kurosawa Fanfiction Contest Entry

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Here is my entry for the fanart contest. 
I would like to enter for the book prize. 

Lady's Diary 
By: Kinne

http://forumcodehost...m/LadyDiary.pdf

For best results. Don't view with firefox. 

There are a few of the visual effects that firefox does not show correctly and I was unable to figure out how to fix that in the time frame. There are no issues with any other browsers as far as I have seen. 

On an unrelated note, 

Here is a plain text version just in case there is difficulty in reading the pdf

Spoiler

• midwinter and Hex like this

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ahhh, this really was cool! I liked the torn-out pages to show where the notes Miku found in FF1 ought to go; that was a clever way to indicate they were there without reproducing them in full. The parallels between Mikoto and Sae, at least in Yae's mind, are something I've thought about as well, so I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm really impressed with this, great job! And good luck to you. ^_^

#3 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Thank you ^-^ I spent so much time on this so I'm glad it's likable. 

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Wow, this was such a nice idea!  I hadn't seen the connection between Mikoto and Sae before, and now I feel sad.  Poor Yae.  :c

#5 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

I know. I've always felt really bad for Yae. She loses everything when all she was trying to do was keep the people she loved. 

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

This is.....amazing.  I love this so much.  The parallels you drew between Mikoto and Sae really make an interesting and tragic topic.  I also love the idea that Yae killed herself not only because she thinks her daughter is dead, but because she remembered Sae and their promise (which is why her spirit goes back to the edge of the village in 2 and is trapped outside of it until Mio passes through the gate and she becomes stuck inside her until the ending.)  Great job!  You've got my vote!

On a separate topic who do you think Yae loved more?  Sae or Mikoto?

#7 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

Thank you ^-^. I'm glad you like it so much. I always thought since Yae ended up hanging herself and that was how Sae died as well that there had to be some sort of parallel there. 

I'm not sure if it would really be a question of who she loved more between the two. On the one hand Sae is her twin and therefore a part of her, especially, with the view of twins in Minakami village, on the other hand Mikoto is Yae's child and also a part of her but in a different way. So I think I'll go with the cheating non answer, answer and say that I think it is almost impossible for her to have loved either of them more than the other. 

Sorry to talk around in circles XD. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II, Yae Kurosawa, Fanfiction, Contest Entry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users