Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Eisenalex : (06 January 2018 - 11:26 AM) I just saw The Long Dream and Mold getting teased in the opening of Junji Ito Collection. That makes me so happy!
Eisenalex : (06 January 2018 - 11:32 AM) http://www.crunchyro...junji-ito-story
midwinter : (06 January 2018 - 11:45 AM) I'm waiting for it to be available to free users, but i'm excited to watch it!
Eisenalex : (06 January 2018 - 11:58 AM) Do you want a guest pass? I get them monthly and they keep expiring because nobody wants them.
midwinter : (06 January 2018 - 12:04 PM) Ooh, would you mind? That would be very kind of you
midwinter : (06 January 2018 - 12:04 PM) I had the same problem when I had a paid account
Eisenalex : (06 January 2018 - 12:07 PM) Sent. I always have at least one Anime per season that I want to watch the day it comes out in 1080p, so the paid account is still a good investment, lol.
midwinter : (06 January 2018 - 03:01 PM) that was gooood, though i hope they do some of the longer straightforward horror
midwinter : (06 January 2018 - 03:02 PM) i enjoy the humour, but i want to be creeped out as well
Eisenalex : (07 January 2018 - 12:42 PM) They're going to. Souichi has always been pretty goofy and I think it was a good way to start, because that's out of the way now and the contrast between Souichi's Selfish Curse and Hell O' Dollies kicked it off well.
Eisenalex : (07 January 2018 - 12:42 PM) The opening already teased stories like The Long Dream, so we're going to have quite some heavy stuff to look forward to.
Eisenalex : (07 January 2018 - 12:51 PM) The chapters they announced at the end should be Groaning Pipes and Blood-Sickness Of The Sand-Village if I'm not mistaken.
AnimalLover4... : (07 January 2018 - 06:34 PM) The Sand Village.  What is this Naruto?
Eisenalex : (07 January 2018 - 06:34 PM) I was mistaken. Seems like it won't be blood-sickness, but the intersection's pretty boy instead.
Eisenalex : (07 January 2018 - 06:37 PM) lol. I wish naruto was like that, then I'd actually watch/read it.
Hex : (17 January 2018 - 01:00 PM) Things have been quiet lately.  How is everybody?
suprimeking : (17 January 2018 - 03:38 PM) i'm so so
suprimeking : (17 January 2018 - 03:39 PM) anyone around
Hex : (17 January 2018 - 04:37 PM) I am, a bit
Hex : (17 January 2018 - 04:56 PM) Snow.   :icon_fallenwoman:

Photo

Contest entry fanfic

Fatal Frame Fatal Frame II Yae Kurosawa Fanfiction Contest Entry

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Here is my entry for the fanart contest. 
I would like to enter for the book prize. 

Lady's Diary 
By: Kinne

http://forumcodehost...m/LadyDiary.pdf

For best results. Don't view with firefox. 

There are a few of the visual effects that firefox does not show correctly and I was unable to figure out how to fix that in the time frame. There are no issues with any other browsers as far as I have seen. 

On an unrelated note, 

Here is a plain text version just in case there is difficulty in reading the pdf

Spoiler

• midwinter and Hex like this

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ahhh, this really was cool! I liked the torn-out pages to show where the notes Miku found in FF1 ought to go; that was a clever way to indicate they were there without reproducing them in full. The parallels between Mikoto and Sae, at least in Yae's mind, are something I've thought about as well, so I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm really impressed with this, great job! And good luck to you. ^_^

#3 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

Thank you ^-^ I spent so much time on this so I'm glad it's likable. 

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 797 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Wow, this was such a nice idea!  I hadn't seen the connection between Mikoto and Sae before, and now I feel sad.  Poor Yae.  :c

#5 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

I know. I've always felt really bad for Yae. She loses everything when all she was trying to do was keep the people she loved. 

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 713 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

This is.....amazing.  I love this so much.  The parallels you drew between Mikoto and Sae really make an interesting and tragic topic.  I also love the idea that Yae killed herself not only because she thinks her daughter is dead, but because she remembered Sae and their promise (which is why her spirit goes back to the edge of the village in 2 and is trapped outside of it until Mio passes through the gate and she becomes stuck inside her until the ending.)  Great job!  You've got my vote!

On a separate topic who do you think Yae loved more?  Sae or Mikoto?

#7 OFFLINE   Kinne

Kinne

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

Thank you ^-^. I'm glad you like it so much. I always thought since Yae ended up hanging herself and that was how Sae died as well that there had to be some sort of parallel there. 

I'm not sure if it would really be a question of who she loved more between the two. On the one hand Sae is her twin and therefore a part of her, especially, with the view of twins in Minakami village, on the other hand Mikoto is Yae's child and also a part of her but in a different way. So I think I'll go with the cheating non answer, answer and say that I think it is almost impossible for her to have loved either of them more than the other. 

Sorry to talk around in circles XD. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II, Yae Kurosawa, Fanfiction, Contest Entry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users