Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) I'm fine.
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.

Photo

Entry is a go-go ;>

Fanart Fatal Frame II Project Zero II Contest Entry Mio Amakura Mayu Amakura Sae Kurosawa Yae Kurosawa

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Ummm, I can't link my picture from photobucket. I keep getting a "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community".

So I'll just give the url for it:

http://i25.photobuck...de.jpg~original

I finally finished it!! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

I had an ambitious project that started off rocky with the composition givng me the most trouble. Even now, I'm still not completely satisfied with it. I originally wanted the logo in the middle, but I scrapped the idea in the end. I got sloppy with the coloring after I stopped working on this piece (by this point I just wanted to get it done). This is done in Adobe Photoshop CS5.5. I think I spent too much time linearting and trying to make the details perfect, even though no one is going to zoom in that close to see them in the end. >.>

I'm going for the Crimson Butterfly guidebook

• midwinter and Hex like this

#2 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

That's really beautiful :0

How did you colored your picture? In your computer??

Gook luck ;3

198003testsakuya.png

#3 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

Thank you very much ^w^

I work with a Wacom 3 tablet. I fill in the basic colors on separate layers. Then, I take a hard brush with pen pressure and shape dynamics along with adjusting the opacity to make the shading appear layered. Its shading with different colors using different opacities.

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Holy wow, that's gorgeous! *_* I really like how the shape they make looks like a butterfly. I'm also kind of stupidly excited about the different hand positions, which seem very meaningful. The similarity between Mio and Yae's postures and expressions is really cool, too. I can see why it took you so long, but I'm really glad you finished it. Thank you and good luck!

#5 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

I've looked at this picture a few times but only just noticed the butterfly on Mio's neck!  I'm hopeless for tiny details like that.  I agree about the hand positions and I love the way Sae's fingers are curled almost like claws.  The blood spatters are oddly pretty, too.  Lovely work.  :D

#6 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

so excellently beautiful! OAO

very simple, yet the composition, colors, details... they are all touching... >w<

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fanart, Fatal Frame II, Project Zero II, Contest Entry, Mio Amakura, Mayu Amakura, Sae Kurosawa, Yae Kurosawa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users