Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
- - - - -

Would you want a Wii remake of Project Zero 3 ??

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Wii Opinion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

hi everyone!

I was wondering if you'd like a Wii remake of FF3, like FF2 has its Wii Remake??

For my part, I'll be very happy to play a FF3 remake on Wii, because I don't have a PS2,  I never played FF3 :'|

198003testsakuya.png

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Not for the wii.  The wii is officially dead now so there would be no chance whatsoever of it making it's way over to Europe or America.  One I'd not want another remake unless the series is in very stable condition and can afford a remake, and two I just want a fully new game at this point.  Lastly if they going to remake any of them then Fatal Frame 1 should be remade since it's story isn't fully fleshed out in terms of Mafuyu's character and the ghosts have some unfair AI.  However I'd not want them to make it super easy though so I dunno.

For instance one of the things they did for DCB that I love I wouldn't like for 3.  The over the shoulder viewpoint works well with DCB because the originals' camera angles were hardly used in a way that made you feel scared or nervous so the change was fine.  Over the shoulder would RUIN 3's atmosphere and creepiness.

Updating Dark Returns' in the way Dark Return's updated Blooming would be nice and would be a cool change but the ghosts in 3 attack in much more interesting ways than the ghosts in the original 2 did so updating how they attack you wouldn't really do much for me.

The only story related thing that I honestly could see being a nice addition would be an ending where Rei, Miku, and Mio die for failing to stop the curse.  That would be a cool thing.  Also I'd like for the canon ending to be fully CGI instead of a photograph (I can accept that for 1 since it was an addition made for a port but not for 3 and 4), and also maybe a few segments showing Rei's life with Yuu before he died, Miku's life with Mafuyu before he died, and Kei's life with Shizu, Misao, Mio, and Mayu before Misao and Mayu went "missing" and Shizu got sick.

I personally wouldn't mind ghost hands if they were like in DCB but when an actual ghost grabs you you have to fight them.

Also bringing the peeking system back would always be a great thing as that really adds to the immersion.

I wouldn't be against a remake of the game but I don't think it's the one that needs it the most, I'd rather get a fully original game at this point, and unless this series gets to the point where it's successful enough that a sequel is pretty much guaranteed from now on then I'd not want to risk a remake or a spin off.

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

I hope they don't attempt another remake for the rest of the series's run.  

#4 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

no it's perfect don't touch my dear ff3 with your dirty ghost hands and shoulder camera > :(((

There's stuff that could be improved but I don't really trust the team to make the right changes

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#5 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

Not really. To be honest, I know I would complain about every little thing.
However, HD bundle for first three would be nice.

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#6 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Not really. To be honest, I know I would complain about every little thing.
However, HD bundle for first three would be nice.

Yesss^^^^
I'd much rather just have HD versions of them, and have them just make a new game

#7 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

I would be... ambivalent, to say the least. FF3 is my favourite and there are some things I'd love to have, like a proper second ending, and a few more cutscenes, especially in later hours. But overall I don't think the changes the team would be interested in making are the kind I'd want to see. I can't imagine the Manor of Sleep with ghost hands and over-the-shoulder POV, or having to shake the Wii-remote to get Kei to move furniture, or whatever silly unnecessary gameplay elements they would want to add. Plus, I like that FF3 has so much optional content that you have to go looking for, and while I don't think they'd actively remove anything (much), I don't think they'd be able to resist drawing attention to things in a way that would mess up the sense of discovery.

That, and like everyone else, I really want a new game.

#8 OFFLINE   NightWynx

NightWynx

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

I prefer HD version :) And FF3's ghosts are scary and tough enough. No need for Dark Returns. 

another signature By darkamy chan d5lb1zl

Sakakibara-kun...Do you want to be the dead one?

#9 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

I would love any remake for the Wii U using the game pad as the camera. I would toss all my money for one

technologiccopy.png

#10 OFFLINE   Persephone

Persephone

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 60 posts
  • LocationRogetsu Island

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

As long as they keep making Fatal Frame games, I'll keep buying them. So, yeah.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Wii, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users