Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
- - - - -

Setting/s For Fatal Frame 5

Opinion Locations Future Game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Allmostanyone

Allmostanyone

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

One of the things that I love about Crimson Butterfly is being able to explore/run around the whole village, something I wish they'd repeated in the FF3 and 4 but since those games were set in more confined locations then I can hope that should there be a 5th game that this time it will be a more open area. That said, something I had watched years ago as a perfect setting. Aokigahara, a suicide forest in Japan, I have to say I feel like a crappy person taking a tragic location and wanting to make a game out of it! Game or not I love and am fascinated by it's history and mystery. As far as a game goes it would be a good setting I think, it's has history, truth, emotion, and certainly is a spooky environment.

Sources:

Video

http://topdocumentar...orest-in-japan/

Wiki

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Aokigahara

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

I remember reading about that. There are signs asking them not to give up and that things can be better and stuff. That would be interesting like people are compelled to sacrifice themselves to the abyss or something...

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

I'd definitely like more open spaces. Not everybody is claustrophobic, Mr Developers. Some people find small enclosed spaces to be cosy and comforting, and would be much more scared out in the open! A forest would be really great, though I don't know if I could handle the Slenderman comparisons.

#4 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 231 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

I hope larger areas to explore. A village setting would be nice so that we could actually explore a real village. The village in FF2 is not really a village, rather it stands for a village saying "look players, this is supposed to be a village but we didn't have enough resources/time to make it larger so just pretend that you're exploring a village". A whole village setting with open outside areas but also lots of houses and inside areas with narrow corridors. Best of both worlds. This time would be nice to have more freedom to explore and more non-linear style of gameplay/narrative. This would work well with an open world setting giving lots freedom to walk around finding clues and things like that. Imagine a village of 100 houses, for example, where you could enter most of them and explore freely solving puzzles and fighting ghosts. You would find clues for the location of upgrades for Camera Obscura unlike before, where most of them were dropped by a ghost or really easy to find because of the small and rather linear game world.

This would be a dream FF game for me and next gen technology makes it possible as long as Tecmo has enough ambition and passion to create such a game.

• midwinter likes this

#5 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 400 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Omg. An rpg-ish fatal frame would be amazing. So i'm thinking if FF3 had been an rpg we would be able to leave Rei's house and find clues on our own. You could periodically check the hospital for more people afflicted by the curse. The first time you meet Kei is you going to his house instead, an you meet Mio. You could search antique shops for more info on the camera or go to the library and look for old records...
If FF2 had been an rpg there would be tons of houses to explore, with the underground tunnels running under most of them. You would investigate Seijiro's cell and then all of the locations he might have been. You research other twins sacrifices in old tomes and visit their hoises, etc. instead pf being given the lenses/functions you actually have to make an effort to go find them.

I think my brain just exploded XD

#6 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

I think FF3 as an RPG would go against how confining Rei's depression is, and the hauntings in her house wouldn't be as significant if it wasn't the only area to explore in the real world.  She's shut herself away but even her safe haven starts to turn against her.  I think that paranoid, invasion of personal space feeling is what makes FF3 what it is.  I wouldn't want to lose that.

But a forest would be really cool.  I think DreadOut had a tiny forest section that was really atmospheric and worked quite well.  We haven't had a school yet, that could be creepy.

#7 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

I personally always prefer more enclosed areas, I just find it really difficult to be scared in wide open places. You do need some sort of contrast to emphasise the more claustrophobic areas, but they need to be limited.

I don't really know where they could go next while still feeling like the rest of the series. I think something like Yamijima in Forbidden Siren 2 would work well.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#8 ONLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

Look how the guy that made this post guessed the setting of Fatal frame 5 before having any details about it back then :P

• Yashuu, ナガクラ, AnimalLover47999 and 1 other like this

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#9 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

Hahahahah yeah! I unfortunately got hit with lots of open spaces cut up by the occasional closed in area- but hey, it's pretty enough to make up for it :P

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Opinion, Locations, Future Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users