Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM) Do you ever start typing and find yourself wondering, "when did this become a novel?"
AnimalLover4... : (21 November 2017 - 10:22 PM) Eiji Otsuka.
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM) Where?   :icon_lordhimuro:
AnimalLover4... : (22 November 2017 - 06:19 AM) LOL

Photo
- - - - -

Which area from Fatal Frame games would you want to explore the most?

Fatal Frame Series Opinion Locations Poll

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Which area from Fatal Frame games would you want to explore the most? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Which area from the Fatal Frame series would you want to explore the most?

1. Himuro Mansion (4 votes [10.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

2. All God's Village (7 votes [18.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

3. Manor of Sleep (9 votes [24.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

4. Voted Rougetsu Island (17 votes [45.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

I am pretty sure that there was a topic like this in the old forums and i thought that it would be nice to discuss again about which is the area that you would mostly want to visit and explore from the Fatal Frame series.

I would love to explore all the places in Fatal Frame games if they were safe ofcourse  :P but if i could choose only one i would go for "Rougetsu island".There is something that really makes me want to go there,firstly because we haven't seen anything else in the island except Rougetsu Hall,the Hospital & Ruka's house.

Aside from that though,while the hospital would be fun to explore since i kind of like creepy & haunted hospitals(not that i have ever visited one,but i like the idea), I would really love to explore,look for every tiny detail and spend hours & hours in the rooms of Rougetsu Hall,i just find them really beautifully creepy and i really like it that you can understand the personallities of the patients that lived in these rooms.

I would like to make a relaxing walk from Ruka's house,heading to the lighthouse while i pass through the dark caverns and finally reach the top of the lighthouse and spend a whole night on there while i watch the beautiful view.

I believe that fatal Frame 4 has a beauty that no other game has managed to achieve....so these are the reasons why i would really want to visit Rougetsu island.

So what about you? :)

• midwinter likes this

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#2 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 413 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

I think most of all i'd like to visit Minakami Village. The Manor of Sleep and Himuro Mansion just seem small compared to a whole village. I'd love to explore all the underground tunnels, visit the shrine, and explore the Kurosawa house! There are so many different buildings to explore and from Misono Hill you can see the whole village. Just think of all the little forgotten treasures that might be lying around.

Honestly I haven't had the chance to see much of the fourth game. If I could pick one place from Rougetsu Island that i'd like to see, however, it would be the Kunihiko Asou museum. All of the forgotten cameras and notes and articles about Dr Asou would be awesome to see!

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 695 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

I agree about Rougetsu Island.  While the other areas were pretty in that they weren't ugly to look at and did have some pretty rooms (the Blinding Room in 1, the Lantern Room in 2 etc) 4 just has the most hospitable feeling to it and The lighthouse, the beach, and Ruka's House are all very beautiful.

#4 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

I'm going for Rougetsu Island. It's a shame that all we really get to see of it is hospitals (dull and overdone) and mile after mile of tunnel... Tsukuyomi Beach is my favourite area in the series, and the lighthouse and its view are really pretty. To give us a whole island and then only let us explore this tiny, likely most boring portion of it is such a missed opportunity (like confining the entire house in Spirit Camera to a mini game). I want to go around and see all of the other buildings and houses.

Minakami is nice enough, but I've had more than my fill of that. Rougetsu is huge and has so much potential. Wasted potential...

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#5 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 413 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

like confining the entire house in Spirit Camera to a mini game

Seriously. I get what you're all saying. I bet if I had played the 4th game I would feel the same. I've only mindlessly watched streams/had them running in the background while I was cleaning the house or doing homework. I guess I should sit down an actually watch a few...or play the game. I wish it wasn't $90 to import :/

#6 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 779 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

The Manor of Sleep for me.  I really prefer cold, dreamy atmospheres in real life, and the Manor captures that perfectly.  It's deliberately maze-like with a lot of really cool rooms to discover or spend time in, and you've got the library/storehouse to get comfy and read some books.  There's also the underground caverns with running water, lantern's you could have a game of footy with, and a lift if you're considering tackling the Abyss.  

#7 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

The Manor of Sleep is my favourite location, but if I had to pick one to explore, I think I'd go for Rougetsu Island too. I would not be put off by a random wheelchair in my way, or whatever Misaki and Ruka have decided they aren't strong enough to shift. Plus, there must be so much to see outdoors and above ground. I'd probably give the hospital a miss and go straight to the Lunar Eclipse Hall and the islanders' residences and so on.

#8 OFFLINE   hermit-dragon

hermit-dragon

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

My choice would probably be  Himuro... the mystery and legends surrounding it was intriguing. I actually wished the rumors that went around about it being real were true! and I think there's enough there to keep me busy till I had my fill of creepy places. The above posters sound almost as if they were going on vacationing to Rougetsu or Minakami... Sorry, as much as I love creepy places, I'm NOT sleeping in them!! lol

#9 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

For me it's the Rougetsu Island, but especially the Tsukuyomi Beach and Haibara Hospital in a second time.

I don't see myself visit another area of FF series without visit Rougetsu Island in first ;)

Photograph the TB will be really fantastic, at night of course, with the lighthouse *_*

198003testsakuya.png

#10 OFFLINE   Zombie369

Zombie369

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I choose All God's Village because I've always wanted to visit a ghost town. The idea of visiting a settlement that was once inhabited by people long ago and became deserted for mysterious reasons is intriguing to me.

#11 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Mmmff I just want to be in an area outside and not feel 'trapped', but it seems like no choice is safe. I would rather have an open area like the island to have as much breathing room as possible. The manor of sleep sounded enticing at first because of the snow, but to be lost in such a maze like house frightens me.

#12 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 279 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Rougetsu Island most definately. not that I wouldn't want to visit any of the others.Just I guess that's its a hospital and the culture that was there make it fascinating to me.

a80Suw0.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame Series, Opinion, Locations, Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users