Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

What is she holding?

Fatal Frame II Deep Crimson Butterfly Mayu Amakura Project zero II Theory

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 500 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I'm voting for the cake!!!

Jowk! :ph34r:

I previously voted for the diary so yeah diary of some sort.
Cause that nose thing to me looked like a book lock or sumthin

Me too! Cake! LOL joke, indeed XD

I've always thought of this as a book! Yeah, usually the ones where it has a padlock... >w<

30vipvk.jpg

#22 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

The cake is a lie! Lol I have nothing special to add, I have always thought a head because that just makes it more creepy, like A doll head or something, not a person head. O.o Although, lets be honest, it's not like I haven't always suspected mayu of being twisted evil. >.>

#23 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

The cake is a lie! Lol I have nothing special to add, I have always thought a head because that just makes it more creepy, like A doll head or something, not a person head. O.o Although, lets be honest, it's not like I haven't always suspected mayu of being twisted evil. >.>

Lol well if it's a doll head... say if we take it for instance... What makes Mayu look at it and say I'm sorry or something, if only a head of a doll and nothing else? >w<

30vipvk.jpg

#24 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Because she is an evil twisted psycho? Some motivations can not be explained... >.> (see that clever cop out there? ) On the same note, why would she say I am sorry to a book? ;)

#25 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Because she is an evil twisted psycho? Some motivations can not be explained... >.> (see that clever cop out there? ) On the same note, why would she say I am sorry to a book? ;)

lol probably something to do with connection of Sae? >w<

and umm didn't she say I'm sorry for all that she has done blah blah in the scene? @w@

hehe ^^;;

30vipvk.jpg

#26 OFFLINE   Cursed Lemon

Cursed Lemon

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Fatal Frame has always had that interesting quirk about it, where some cutscenes were rendered and others were not (i.e. cutscenes where costumes could change, and ones where they wouldn't). 

It always let you know when something REALLY important was going to happen. ;] 

#27 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

I have seen it always as a head, BUT! I would like to see that as cake too xD. Imagine, Mayu hiding becouse she wants to eat a whole cake by herself.. ALL BY HERSELF! That's why she is running away from Mio.

But It could be a football too, maybe she was sorry 'cause she couldn't kick with her hurting leg : <

#28 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Rheo - yes, I think you are right, but my point was, when you asked the question why would she say dialogue to a doll head, I was agreeing that was a good point, but on the same note, you could ask the question why would she be saying that dialogue to a book. :) sorry if I was being confusing, :)

#29 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Rheo - yes, I think you are right, but my point was, when you asked the question why would she say dialogue to a doll head, I was agreeing that was a good point, but on the same note, you could ask the question why would she be saying that dialogue to a book. :) sorry if I was being confusing, :)

ohh I get it! it's okay :)

30vipvk.jpg

#30 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

I've always believed it was the diary you find after the cutscene because I think that's just the only thing that makes any sense, personally.  While we're on the subject, I don't think Mayu is talking to the book so much as she is talking in response to it.  That is to say, the writing in the diary she just read triggered Sae's memories or a lucidity through their connection, a big difference from the last thing we heard from her which is crazed laughter followed by, "go ahead, everyone, die," if I'm recalling correctly. The text jars her out of her mental break, and she continues her strange self-reflective babbling because of what she just read.

#31 OFFLINE   asagi

asagi

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 36 posts
  • Locationunder my blanket

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

i thought it  was  a pokemon ball

7y0t8oC.gif

#32 OFFLINE   TheCrow

TheCrow

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

I literally just played through this part yesterday, and to me it looks like a head!

#33 OFFLINE   つきちゃん

つきちゃん

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

In one of the endings you get for the remake for the wii, it was heavily perceived that it was Mio's head and I believe it to be as well but I don't really know if that was what the creators intend when they made that scene ^ ^"

Signature Made By: つきちゃん

#34 OFFLINE   Zerg

Zerg

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 61 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

head makes no sense she holded it, i always thought it was some kind book, but again who will we ever know? :(

#35 OFFLINE   Ayumidoll

Ayumidoll

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Back when I used to own project zero 2 on the ps2
I always believed it to be a book or a ball for some reason.. Yeah.....
But now that I have played Project zero 2: wii edition, I finally figured out that it was actually a head... x'D

#36 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

It's a severed head. You can see some veins and tendons hanging from it.

#37 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

To me it's Sae and Yae's diary.  In my opinion the scene itself is Mayu dreaming of the Frozen Butterfly Ending.  She's dreaming of what could possibly happen given the circumstances but she's holding Yae and Sae's diary open which the shadow distorts into looking like a head.  Then if the Frozen Butterfly ending happens her dream comes true and she's holding Mio's head there.

#38 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

So, Mayu's a prophet now?

#39 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Well she was able to see Miyako's death firsthand through a flashback and transferred it to Mio because of her sixth sense.  That on top of her being crazy and being possessed at the same time I wouldn't discard the idea.

#40 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

If she can see into the future, it'd be the first and only time she's done so.  Her powers let her tap into memories and emotions from the past, and neither being possessed or mad gives you those kind of abilities (at least, not in this universe).  The Frozen Butterfly ending also doesn't come to pass in the original, yet the scene is still there.  

FM's explanation is the one I think makes most sense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Deep Crimson Butterfly, Mayu Amakura, Project zero II, Theory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users