Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
- - - - -

Who’s to blame for the Unleashing?

Fatal Frame III Amane Kuze Kaname Ototsuki Reika Kuze Yashuu Kuze Kyouka Kuze Project Zero III Poll Opinion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Who’s to blame for the Unleashing? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Whose fault was it?

1. Amane (8 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Kaname (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Kyouka (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Reika (3 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

5. Yashuu (21 votes [61.76%])

Percentage of vote: 61.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

She didn't order the sacrificial pillars or the final impalement without expressing remorse, though ("I'm sorry to have to put you through this...").  And I'm not sure what you mean about neglecting Kyouka?  Yashuu helped her hide Kaname even though it went against the code, and she kept her out of harms way during the Unleashing.  She had Shigure check up on her, too.

I dont know, I see it as a little neglectful to have her daughter locked up in two different rooms, knowing her daughter was in love with a man that was killed right after he left the manor [if I remember correctly]. She let her go on hoping that he would come back for her and let her depression eat away at her instead of telling her the truth

technologiccopy.png

#22 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I agree with Mid about sympathy for Yashuu, I think she's easily the best, most adept family master in the series. I see an old woman, trying desperately to keep her household together against her disobeying grandchildren and priestess, and the one time she shows sympathy by letting Kaname leave the shrine, it leads eventually to the death of her whole family. While she may be stern, in the end she was simply carrying out her duty.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#23 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I dont know, I see it as a little neglectful to have her daughter locked up in two different rooms, knowing her daughter was in love with a man that was killed right after he left the manor [if I remember correctly]. She let her go on hoping that he would come back for her and let her depression eat away at her instead of telling her the truth

Like I said, Kyouka was locked away for her own safety.  Keeping Akito's murder a secret was (probably) for the best because I just can't see Kyouka being able to handle it.  Telling her outright might have done even more damage than leaving her to her own thoughts.

#24 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,137 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hex is to blame! jk jk If Yashuu didn't do that to Kaname then Reika wouldn't have done that to begin with.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#25 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Didn't do what to Kaname? Reika was head over heels for him before he was hatcheted, strangely.

On that note, I find the confused look Yashuu gives over her shoulder when Reika reaches out of her cage before she's lowered into the Abyss hilarious.

ZR9JeXg.gif

#26 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I think he's trying to say Reika consciously caused the Unleashing because of Kaname's death?  Which is wrong and reading the thread would explain why...

#27 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,137 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Didn't do what to Kaname? Reika was head over heels for him before he was hatcheted, strangely.

On that note, I find the confused look Yashuu gives over her shoulder when Reika reaches out of her cage before she's lowered into the Abyss hilarious.

Didn't you play the game? Yashuu beat him to death with one hit. I didn't had to explain the whole thing :P

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#28 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

But what you said wouldn't have made any sense in that context, because it seems like you're suggesting Reika wouldn't have loved and remained awake for Kaname if he wasn't killed...

ZR9JeXg.gif

#29 OFFLINE   Persephone

Persephone

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 60 posts
  • LocationRogetsu Island

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

My vote hasn't changed from when this was first asked on the original forums. lol

It's Yashuu's fault entirely. I don't blame anyone else but her. She chose to act rashly and kill Kaname in front of Reika. She could have handled it differently, but no. She chose to be a &^%* and kill Reika's lover in front of her eyes. The Unleashing is her fault, and I don't believe anyone who says differently. No matter how good their argument is. lol

#30 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

guys yashuu is an admin tag now, all anti-yashuu blasphemy shall be destroyed as part of the new Kuze regime.

remember kids, yashuu's many hands exist only to hug and embrace you! (or dismember you if you disobey)

ZR9JeXg.gif

#31 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'm going to have to agree with Chelsea's post on this one. Personally, I think it was Amane's fault since everything boils down to her letting a man enter the Shrine when the Kuze Code specifically fobids anyone to do so (and I'm pretty sure the Kuze Head stressed this heavily upon the Handmaidens over and over again, so Amane's age isn't really the issue here). But the truth of the matter is, everyone had fair their share of blame for the big slip-up.

I just don't think Yashuu was an intrinsically evil character, I wouldn't even call her misguided. She was just doing what she was tasked to do right from the start, which was to abide by the Kuze Code in every situation she finds herself in, even if it went against her very nature. Just the very fact that Yashuu bent the rules to prevent young Kaname from sharing the same grim fate as the other unwanted babies speaks volumes about what kind of person she is behind that stern exterior. Also, in death (her spirit splitting in half), she spends half her time trying to prevent the string of events leading up to the disaster from happening, which, I think is reason enough that she feels responsible for the Unleashing taking place.

daj6G8B.png

"Then show me the darkness within your heart, by sacrificing your soul to me. Let's

indulge ourselves in the ecstasy of death, shall we?"

ꜟGAMES// GRAPHICS// ART// TAROT// LANGUAGE//

I claim no rights to the image, you can find it here.

♦♦Sig requests are closed for the time being. Been very busy these past few months.♦♦

#32 OFFLINE   HollieW

HollieW

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLytham St. Anne's, UK

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

I still think its Yashuu's fault, like the others said, she took her job way too seriously, even if she wasn't evil like you were pointing out and was simply misguided by the precepts of the kuze code, she still knew right from wrong and probably knew what would happen if he killed kaname right there and then. :| I always felt really sorry for Amane because i feel like she had nothing to do with what happened (she was just a kid and couldn't have known better) and yet she was impaled. Kinda cruel, if you ask me :|

#33 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

I still think its Yashuu's fault, like the others said, she took her job way too seriously,

I think when you're dealing with forces that can wipe out an entire household full of people and continue to spill out into the rest of the world even after every possible action has been taken to contain it, it's not possible to take your job "too seriously". If you're charged with managing a warehouse full of volatile explosives and you turn a blind eye to some ignorant fool walking in there with an open flame, I'd consider that negligence.

she still knew right from wrong and probably knew what would happen if he killed kaname right there and then. :|

That just... doesn't make sense, though. Yashuu's entire life was devoted to making sure the Unleashing would never happen; that's why she was so strict about keeping the rules. If she knew what was going to happen and killed him anyway, that would make her more than misguided, it would make her evil and crazy.

I always felt really sorry for Amane because i feel like she had nothing to do with what happened (she was just a kid and couldn't have known better) and yet she was impaled. Kinda cruel, if you ask me :|

She made the decision to break the most important rule that had been taught to her all her life. How can you say a kid couldn't have known better, when we have Shigure and Hisame as examples of children who did know better? Kids do know when they're breaking rules, even if they don't understand the exact reasons why the rules are in place (and I think in this case all the Handmaidens did). I won't argue that the impalement wasn't cruel, but it wasn't done for the sake of cruelty. Once the Unleashing had happened, pretty much everyone in the shrine was guaranteed to die cruelly, not to mention a lot of completely innocent carpenters. Which, again, is why Yashuu was so ruthless, in our eyes, about trying to make sure it never would happen.

• ItsukiFace likes this

#34 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

I don't know about you, but I've never once felt even an ounce of mercy for Amane. Sure, she's cute and dainty but her lack of devotion and eventual irresponsibility was the main driving force behind the Unleashing. I'm sick of her playing the pity card; the truth of the matter is, she was a Handmaiden, and every Handmaiden knew full well the repercussions she faced if she broke the rules (Red Diary 1 & Green Diary Entry). In other words, Amane knew what was coming, and yet she still risked her neck and acted out of sheer hope that her brother and Reika would meet for the last time.

It was noble, no doubt about that, but also ultimately irresponsible enough to put an end to everything with a heartbeat inside the Manor. If anything, I believe Amane should have felt the full impact of the Pain of the Holly in place of Yashuu, simply because she was asking for it right from the very start.

Like Mid pointed out, the purpose behind Amane's impalement (and Shigure and Minamo's, for that matter) wasn't cruel in the slightest. It was a last ditch effort to keep the spreading Rift at bay.

• Homuranagi likes this

daj6G8B.png

"Then show me the darkness within your heart, by sacrificing your soul to me. Let's

♦♦Sig requests are closed for the time being. Been very busy these past few months.♦♦

#35 OFFLINE   Persephone

Persephone

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 60 posts
  • LocationRogetsu Island

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

I don't blame Amane at all. Your love for your family can (and often will) cause you to break all kinds of "sacred" rules, no matter the cost. Even if it's beaten into you over and over to not do it.

#36 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

I'm not going to argue with you on that one. I agree, family is pretty important but I'm led to believe Yashuu (and the other members of the Kuze family) was forced into a position where her family and everything else takes backseat to her duties as the Family Head, so it was only natural for her not to let her emotions get in the way of anything that had to do with the Ritual. And she had good reason not to, given the gravity of the situation if someone so much as neglects her duties or worse, breaks the code altogether.

She had to consider the nature of the ritual as well, which was sort of a make or break thing, and when backed into a corner, she'd rather sacrifice members of her own family, who had full knowledge of what they're up against, then let the Rift spread and have innocent victims like Yoshino Takigawa and Rei Kurosawa suffer and eventually die from the Curse. Arguably, it was done for the greater good. I think the fact that she regretted doing what she had to makes her character appear more human than the events of the game made her out to be.

daj6G8B.png

#37 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

I don't think Amane has a really strong sibling bond for kaname. I mean, hadn't she met him once beforehand? Sure, he's family, but they're not going to be as close as, say, Miku and Mafuyu. She traded the love and eventually life of her family who had raised her for ~9 years, for someone who she met just the other day and who would have really liked to see the priestess. It was irresponsible even for a child, and especially for a child who spent her life reciting a nursery rhyme clearly laying out what would happen if the ritual goes wrong.

ZR9JeXg.gif

#38 OFFLINE   Persephone

Persephone

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 60 posts
  • LocationRogetsu Island

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

She may not have been close to him, but I think it was more the fact that she had a sibling on the outside that made her so hopeful. Someone she could actually call "family". It can be a very life changing event for some to find out you have another family member somewhere out there. Someone you can open up to and who cares about you enough to risk their life to see you/the person they love.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Amane Kuze, Kaname Ototsuki, Reika Kuze, Yashuu Kuze, Kyouka Kuze, Project Zero III, Poll, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users