Ladies and gentlemen of BCL, we are very excited to announce the Fanart/Fanfic Contest 2013! This is a chance to make something cool, show it off and possibly win a prize. Sounds good? Good. Without further ado, here's how it'll work.
You will have six weeks, beginning on Monday June 17th and ending on Sunday July 28th to create some fanart or fanfic and post it in this forum.
- Fic must be complete, and 1000 words or longer. There is no maximum wordcount.
- Art must be complete, and either shaded or coloured - not just lineart or a sketch.
- Fic and art must be new; they won't count if they've been posted elsewhere.
- Fic and art must be original, not copied or traced from somebody else. We don't expect it to happen, but if we catch anyone doing this you'll be banned from this and all future BCL contests.
- Obviously, fic and art must be inspired by the Fatal Frame Series. No crossovers with other series will be allowed, since it would be too difficult to judge fanworks of a series we're not familiar with.
We'll have two categories. At the end of the creation period, we'll have a poll where all members can vote for their favourite in each category, and then the distinguished judges (Fay-Sa, Hex and your attractive purple hostess) will select one entry from the top five to win the prize. The prize for the first category will be a copy of the Deep Crimson Butterfly Guidebook (Japanese) - even if you're not a DCB fan or haven't played it, this book is gorgeous and well worth having. The prize for the second category will be a fantastic and highly desirable Sae felt plushy, handmade by Fay-Sa. Please indicate at the top of your entry whether you're competing for the Book Prize or the Plush Prize!
All participants will also receive 5 reputation points and a special award, which is so secret I haven't even created it yet.
Answers to some obvious questions:
- You can enter once per category. Even if you enter twice, you'll still only win one of the prizes.
- You can enter as a team, but the same applies: there'll only be one prize, so unless you're in a position to share (living in the same house, for instance), think carefully about who'd get it if you won.
- After some thought, we decided that crafts will also count for the fanart category, but cosplay and vids are so labour-intensive that it wouldn't be a fair comparison. Maybe later on, if there's interest, we'll have another contest specifically for those!
- Since we want everyone in the forum to be able to vote on the entries, don't submit anything of a pornographic or graphically violent nature, please! Nothing that you wouldn't see in the games, basically.
- There's no signup process. If you want to join in, all you have to do is create something and post it.
Any other questions, post them here!
Edited by midwinter, 22 June 2013 - 08:20 PM.
Change to rules