Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.
suprimeking : (07 November 2020 - 02:02 PM) hey is discord working for everyone else
NuMetalWolf : (21 November 2020 - 03:15 PM) I don't think there's been anyone on this site in a long time. This is sad.
Rheo : (08 December 2020 - 03:40 PM) no one's actually saying anything in the posts either
ItsukiFace : (10 December 2020 - 03:04 PM) The site's just going through a bit of a dry spell, I'm sure the tempo will pick up soon enough.
ItsukiFace : (30 December 2020 - 06:34 AM) Happy Holidays, BCL Family!
Meital : (06 January 2021 - 01:54 PM) It's 2021 and 20th anniversary for Fatal Frame series this year! I missed you guys!
Tigermausbaer : (06 January 2021 - 11:54 PM) Hello, i wish everyone a happy new year!

Photo
- - - - -

Miku's Design

Fatal Frame Project Zero Miku Hinasaki

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Which version do you prefer? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of Miku's designs is your favourite?

1. FF1 JP PS2 (8 votes [22.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

2. FF1 international / Xbox (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

3. FF3 (25 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

As the majority of us probably know, Miku's model was edited for the overseas and Xbox releases of Fatal Frame.

Japanesemiku2.jpgAmericanmiku2.jpgMikuff3.jpg

Obvious changes include her hair colour changing from dark brown to a more reddish shade,  her choker having a more metallic shade, her body becoming curvier, her school uniform-based shirt being altered, the outer layer on her skirt being removed, her skintone being made warmer and giving her heavier make-up.

In Fatal Frame 3, her design is the same across all regions (though notably her original design shows up in the file photo of her and Mafuyu in all regions, rather than her overseas makeover). 

It's based on her original Japanese design, so it still has the old dark brown hair, black choker and figure as in the original. Her skirt also bears a resemblance to her original design, being multi-layered.

Which design do you prefer and why? Is there anything you would change about her designs?

• Emi and ナガクラ like this

AAHOrHo.gif

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

Her boots are also altered. For some reason no stockings sticking out (I dont remember if you can see them in-game). However, her other costumes are recolors of her Japanese default so thats close right? I dont know if you can tell but one design has bigger eyes than the other in FF1. I dont remember which one has bigger eyes but if I remember right Japanese Miku has bigger eyes compared to her localized design (or maybe her make up made them smaller).

I personally like her Japanese design, I use it for her in FF3 all the time because it's funner for some reason (they bring back memories for some reason too). 

Her design in FF3 is actually really nice and has a more mature/evolved and outgoing feel to it.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   plasmid

plasmid

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLas vegas

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

Prefer the japanese version as well, more gloomy. fits better with all the other pale characters in FF1.

#4 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

I like her FF3 model more. Since it really wasn't altered (I see no reason to alter her any way)

a80Suw0.png

#5 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

She never had black hair, though. It was always dark brown.

AAHOrHo.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

You can see it in the models above, in every wallpaper... and you can definitely see it's lighter in comparison to Mafuyu's, who does have black hair:

30de739.jpg

f5t0m.jpg

It's dark brown.

AAHOrHo.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

Well I was going through the FMV files from the North American disc and I happen to find a different pre-renderd cut scene of her finding the door instead of the one used in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00MS0UJDz1U&feature=youtu.be

(there wasn't any sound)

Not only is this the Japanese version of Miku in the North American version of the game but the animation a bit different, just a bit, and she seems to have something on her shoulder. Kinda like a tube shaped bag which you can see along with it strap pretty easily. This may have been where the camera was gonna be. You can also tell that her hair is dark brown. Other then the bag thing she looks like the final model.

Edit: Here the version from the NA game..while the uploader messed up the AR a bit it's still the same scene.

http://youtu.be/WzEdz4B50X4

#8 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00MS0UJDz1U&feature=youtu.be

(there wasn't any sound)

Not only is this the Japanese version of Miku in the North American version of the game...

-That is very bright 
-I knew it! 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#9 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

-That is very bright 
-I knew it! 

What do you mean by very bright. Please keep in mind that I did nothing to this clip so I didn't change the brightness levels or anything. If you mean the tumbnail that youtube not me. Also what with the 'I knew it!"

#10 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

What do you mean by very bright. Please keep in mind that I did nothing to this clip so I didn't change the brightness levels or anything. If you mean the tumbnail that youtube not me. Also what with the 'I knew it!"

The clip is brighter than it's suppose to be. I knew Miku's Japanese model was left in because it just seemed something game developers would do.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#11 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

The clip is brighter than it's suppose to be. I knew Miku's Japanese model was left in because it just seemed something game developers would do.

Ahhhhh no...omg no. One how on earth would you even know if the clip is brighter then it should be. Have you seen it before? I bet you have no idea how I was even able to get this clip off the disc. Second again I did nothing to the clip itself, it not even in HD. Third the actual scene used is brighter then the one left over, at least uses a more yellow light where the pre-rendered light is a more blue-ish tone. Also as for the Japanese model it wasn't the model left in but the cutscene. This verison of the cutscene was also left over in the Japanese disc as it is in the NA disc so it has nothing to do with the model itself. Actually the cutscene we see in the game is renderd in real time, unlike this one which is pre-rended. So again nothing to do with the model. Data gets left over all the time in games. Even from different games all together. It happens. Usually because the developers don't think anyone will find it or they just forgot to remove it.

#12 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Ahhhhh no...omg no. One how on earth would you even know if the clip is brighter then it should be. Have you seen it before? I bet you have no idea how I was even able to get this clip off the disc. Second again I did nothing to the clip itself, it not even in HD. Third the actual scene used is brighter then the one left over, at least uses a more yellow light where the pre-rendered light is a more blue-ish tone. Also as for the Japanese model it wasn't the model left in but the cutscene. This verison of the cutscene was also left over in the Japanese disc as it is in the NA disc so it has nothing to do with the model itself. Actually the cutscene we see in the game is renderd in real time, unlike this one which is pre-rended. So again nothing to do with the model. Data gets left over all the time in games. Even from different games all together. It happens. Usually because the developers don't think anyone will find it or they just forgot to remove it.

You're not the only one who hunts for unused things in games :)
How else was I able to find the woman in box scene?

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#13 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

You're not the only one who hunts for unused things in games :)
How else was I able to find the woman in box scene?

I knew about that scene a long time ago when I made my Fatal Frame video in 2007 since I ripped the footage myself. As did many other editors who used Fatal Frame FMV from the disc. However I know you didn't till midwinter showed images. I actually looked in my disc, I ripped it from said disc, and converted to a media file to share cause I thought it was a cool find till you came along. Somehow I really doubt you actually ripped this yourself. If you did then the AR wouldn't be wrong.

#14 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

I knew about that scene a long time ago when I made my Fatal Frame video in 2007 since I ripped the footage myself. As did many other editors who used Fatal Frame FMV from the disc. Same goes for this, I actually looked in my disc, I ripped it from said disc, and converted to a media file to share cause I thought it was a cool find till you came along.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way Fay. It really isn't my main intention, honest. It was to be surfaced one way or another eventually in the forums, please dont be mad. Again I'm sorry if you feel some hate towards me because of it.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#15 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Well I'm sorry you feel that way Fay. It really isn't my main intention, honest. It was to be surfaced one way or another eventually in the forums, please dont be mad. Again I'm sorry if you feel some hate towards me because of it.

No, your intention was to spam.

Anyway what do you guys think was on her shoulder. As I was saying maybe the camera was gonna hang from there.

#16 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

No, your intention was to spam.

First of all I did rip it. Second, I had no idea Midwinter already had images up until she told me. 

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#17 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

• 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Let's get back on topic now, please. Enough about ripping clips.

AAHOrHo.gif

#18 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

Anyway what do you guys think was on her shoulder. As I was saying maybe the camera was gonna hang from there.

Hmm, could be.  Wonder if Mafuyu had a similar strap?

#19 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hmm, could be.  Wonder if Mafuyu had a similar strap?

Could be since he did carry the camera with him if it was the camera.

Would have been neat if they intented to have the camera visable the whole time vai a camera strap on the character.

Oh...guess I like FF3 Miku the most.

#20 OFFLINE   Teen Bulma

Teen Bulma

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 133 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

<_<

Anyway, I really like Miku's design in FF3. Ever since I laid eyes on her outfit I just adored it. :wub:  It's been a cosplay must for me for ages. But I always forget about it when I actually have money to go to cons ;p

GpOY.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Miku Hinasaki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users