Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.
suprimeking : (07 November 2020 - 02:02 PM) hey is discord working for everyone else
NuMetalWolf : (21 November 2020 - 03:15 PM) I don't think there's been anyone on this site in a long time. This is sad.
Rheo : (08 December 2020 - 03:40 PM) no one's actually saying anything in the posts either
ItsukiFace : (10 December 2020 - 03:04 PM) The site's just going through a bit of a dry spell, I'm sure the tempo will pick up soon enough.
ItsukiFace : (30 December 2020 - 06:34 AM) Happy Holidays, BCL Family!
Meital : (06 January 2021 - 01:54 PM) It's 2021 and 20th anniversary for Fatal Frame series this year! I missed you guys!
Tigermausbaer : (06 January 2021 - 11:54 PM) Hello, i wish everyone a happy new year!

Photo

How did you feel when you first got the Normal (Canon) ending to Fatal Frame?

Fatal Frame Project Zero Mafuyu Hinasaki Miku Hinasaki Kirie Himuro Endings

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Me personally I have mixed feelings.  While I do feel that Canon ending is in the long run the better ending because of Kirie not being alone in her eternal suffering I also can't help but feel that the Nightmare Mode Ending (and to an extent the Photograph ending if we are going for realism) is more realistic and feels more natural.  I mean I just feel that Mafuyu escaping with Miku would make more sense and would be the more likely thing of what a brother would do for thier sister.  Granted Fatal Frame 3 explains that Mafuyu was very kind and would always help those who needed the most help but at the same time I couldn't help but feel sorry for Miku (not so much Mafuyu, I mean yes he's sympathetic and is a good enough character but (especially when compared to Mayu) he feels more like a plot device then an actual fleshed out character) because she's now all alone in the world with no other family, but I also felt proud and angry at Mafuyu.)  Proud because I feel in the long run it was the more noble choice but angry because he's her big brother and is supposed to look out for her and leaving her all alone isn't looking out for her.)

So yeah what do you all think?  Comment and share your opinions no matter how different from mine they may be! :D

#2 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

I was so young at the time and really struggled with most of the game, so I can only remember feeling overjoyed I managed to complete it.   :P  I think like the majority, I was shocked Mafuyu would just leave his sister to stay with a spirit, but in hindsight it makes perfect sense and makes for a good ending.  Had Mafuyu been developed more as a character, I might even have felt proud of him, too, but he currently stands as one of my least favorites.  His sacrifice feels kind of empty because as the player, I didn't feel like I was losing anything.  Still, it paved the way for Miku to return in 3 so it can't be all bad.

#3 OFFLINE   yuuasou

yuuasou

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHere there and everywhere.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I was pretty shocked and angry. I never expected Mafuyu to leave his sister for a dead woman.

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

Very true Hex.  Which is why if they ever decide to remake Fatal Frame I hope that they take a good amount of time to develop Mafuyu so that the Normal ending is sad not just for Miku but also for Mafuyu.

#5 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I was upset, & will forever be upset with Mafuyu for not leaving with Miku. 

I never liked him as a character. 

Lets look at it this way:

Miku faces a deadly curse, goes into a strange mansion, fights spirits, puts her life at risk, all to save her brother.

She DOES save him, and he basically doesn't even appreciate it. He gives a "thank you" to Miku, which isn't enough!!!

So Miku does all this, and Mafuyu stays and dies... then what happens? Oh Fatal Frame 3, that's what! Poor Miku. So yes, I was happy at the end that Miku was okay, but not really because Mafuyu basically left Miku alone in the world.

Clearly I don't like Mafuyu :[

• ItsukiFace likes this

#6 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

I was definitely irritated at him. I would have been able to excuse it more, perhaps, if Miku had any other family to speak of, but she doesn't. Yes, he did see that she was cared for, as we find out in the third game, but with the ending as it was, it just made it seem like he was leaving his teenage sister behind to fend for herself so that he could satisfy some weird savior complex to a ghost. I suppose I justiied that Mafuyu had to be the reincarnation of Kirie's nameless love because that was the only thing that made sense at all to me.  Still, his sister should have taken priority, especially given their situation.  After all, Mafuyu wouldn't really know that her sixth sense would disappear (temporarily, it seems), leaving a young woman with no support structure to not only grieve a lost sibling but also deal with an unspeakable situation that nobody around her is going to understand for the rest of her life.

Yeah. I'm not okay with Mafuyu.

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Well even then the Photograph ending shows that even though Mafuyu and Kirie's love have pretty much the same body they are in fact not the same soul.

Eh I still feel that in the end Mafuyu did what was the "best" thing to do because Kirie would have been suffering forever all alone if he hadn't have been there which does show that he has a good kind heart.  But yeah it just seems more realistic for Mafuyu to leave with Miku because she's his sister and he's her only family and I know for a fact that even if I was able to take care of myself I would NOT be okay with having no one left in my life.

#8 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

Honestly,I was disappointed/mad. You go through so much to get him. and he decides to stay with Kirie. Just because he happened to look just like her lover. He might not even be really his reincarnation. Just some look a like. But yeah I was disappointed going through all the ghosts (specially Blinded and the Master) and get to him and he stays with Kirie.

a80Suw0.png

#9 OFFLINE   KasumisCamera

KasumisCamera

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

I felt kinda at a loss since you really didn't get to use Mafuyu in the game.

#10 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Mafuyu is Idiot ....... but i feel very pity for Kirie 

personally i like Kirie as character and i think she is very good girl 

i like the cutscene when kirie and her boyfriend is still alive and stays under the sakura tree

that was very romantic^^ 

Edited by Sosezi, 18 February 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Mafuyu Hinasaki, Miku Hinasaki, Kirie Himuro, Endings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users