Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
- - - - -

Did This Game Made You Want To Learn Piano?

Fatal frame iv project zero iv opinion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

Out of all the games I've played (besides Silent Hill 1) this game seems to be the only one that has instrumental knowledge. The CGI opening of Ruka's part of the story is very realistic looking. The parts where you have to play the piano are also realistic sounding as well. When I tried to play it by memory on an actual piano at my church (by ear also) I was surprised that I got most of it down without knowing anything about the piano. I dont really want to play the piano but I have the large hands for it and wouldn't mind learning one or two. It did turn out bad but practice makes perfect.

It did turn out something like this if I remember right

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 690 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

I praticed piano for a few years and liked it.  Unfortunately my dad passed away and we just stopped going for whatever reason......

#3 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

I don't know if it's that realistic - whenever it shows her hands she's playing the wrong notes, especially in the opening cutscene. :P I always get this little niggle of irritation whenever I see it, even though I don't really expect them to be completely accurate about details like that.

I find that any time I'm really into something, I get some of its music stuck in my head, which always makes me want to try and work out how to play it. FF4 makes it nice and easy with the Tsukimori Song, though, giving you the notes for the right-hand line.

#4 OFFLINE   米兰人

米兰人

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 105 posts
  • LocationMilano, 밀라노

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

No :P . Manly because I know how hard is to master the instrument, but also because pianos are very expensive and bulky.

tutto5600.png

#5 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

Not really a drive to want to learn or try to play the piano, but I liked the piano elements of the storyline, it made things interesting, even though I initially had issues playing the correct notes for puzzle solutions.

#6 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

I want to learn how to play an instrument but Fatal Frame wasn't a motivation for it.I like how the music tieds with the storyline in FFIV  a lot though.I remember that someone had posted a way to play the Tsukimori Song on Virtual Piano,i tried it and it really worked ^^

Btw i am kind of shocked with what midwinter said,i didn't expect them not to give attention at that,but its not a big deal anyway.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

my mom is piano teacher but i can't play piano.... i regret i didn't learned it

p.s the tsukimori song are very beautiful i think

#8 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

I actually tired to play Tsukimori song with my sister ^^' No we cant read the notes, but this video helped us a little http://www.youtube.c...?v=NWLpyRxxSDk  My sister played blue notes and I played green ones :) It was fun but sooo difficult. I'm going to try that again in future.

#9 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 279 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

no,not really. I can play a bit of piano myself. Took band a few years back. But really and truly the game didn't make me want to play the piano. I will say that piano music is beautiful and the tsukimori song is an amazing piano piece.

a80Suw0.png

#10 OFFLINE   Zuhna

Zuhna

Beardghost

• Spirited Aways
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIsland full of bananas

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

No. But it truly made me want to train my hats to jump.

zD527Ay.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal frame iv, project zero iv, opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users