Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) why did i miss
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) what*

Photo

Fatal Frame on PSN

Fatal Frame Project Zero PSN Download Poll

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Fatal Frame on PSN (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you going to download Fatal Frame on PSN?

1. Yes! I can't wait to play it again! (33 votes [43.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.42%

2. No. (2 votes [2.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

3. No I have the original game on PS2 / Xbox, and I'll play that. (28 votes [36.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

4. No, I don't have a PSN account. :( (13 votes [17.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

I've noticed so far the game seems to be standard with black bars on the sides.

The Options are the same as the original and I see no manual.

Edit: also hit some random pixalization in some areas it immediately clears up though

Strange...I didn't get any black bars...might be my settings. Also there is a manual but you gotta hit the PSbutton and click on 'software manual'

Edit: Yep my settings

#22 OFFLINE   Inmate7269

Inmate7269

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

How do you change it to widescreen? I cant seem to find anything

#23 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

In the PS3 game settings for some reason ps1/ps2 was upscaled to full screen instead of normal.

#24 OFFLINE   Inmate7269

Inmate7269

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

Photo comparison of of difference between the manuals

COVERS

PS3 - Original

FIRST PAGE

PS3 - Original (The origial has a photo with miku where as the ps3 release has a shot of the rope hallway)

Other Pages (Example)

PS3 - Original (The PS3 features brighter colours and the headings are altered. The outside of the pages have also changed, the PS3 version has a capture circle design, the original features what looks trees)

As for the Widescreen it just widens the game

Photo Making Miku look awkwardly short and her body streched

• Emi likes this

#25 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

That would be because the game had two prints in NA (I think). One print had a typo and a different back cover while the other print had no typos on the back cover and such. I dont really know why the cover of the booklet is different (didn't know there were more than 1 because mine is the same as the game cover).

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#26 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

As for the Widescreen it just widens the game

Photo Making Miku look awkwardly short and her body streched

*Editor Nerd Glasses On*

Please note this isn't widescreen but full frame. Pretty much means the image is streched to fit to the size of the tv, which in both your case and mine are 16:9 since we have widescreen TVs. If this was on a older box TV it would be 4:3 aspect raito aka Full Screen/Normal. If this was a widescreen mode the Full Screen image would be cropped on the top and bottom in so it wouldn't looked "streched". They use to do this the other way around with movies on VHS (the 16:9 image was cropped on the sides to 4:3) because everyone had a box TV back then. This is a common issue using older systems/games with new HD TVs.

*Glasses off*

Sadly playing on PS3 doesn't make me any better at this game -sigh-...also for some reason when I quit my PSN sign in doesn't work unless I re-start the system...anyone else having a issue like that?

• ナガクラ likes this

#27 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 491 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Oh no I can't buy it D:

(and I'm not rich dear please)

Sadly it's not free then :<

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#28 OFFLINE   Ringo

Ringo

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I use to have a original 60 gig ps3 and played the disc version of FF quite it lot, I remember that the colors where more vivid on the ps3 and ran pretty good I imagine the download version runs the same. I don't have the ps3 anymore so I cant buy the download version which I would just to help support the series. I do hope Sony would add ps2 classics to Vita one day than I would get it.

#29 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

I just downloaded it this morning!

I'm very excited to play it later tonight/tomorrow <3

#30 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

I haven't gotten it yet on account that I just found out about it and I can't get my PSN account to sign in.......... -_-  Hopefully they eventually release an Xbox edition version with of it's added features (and hopefully an option to play as Miku in her Japanese PS2 design).

If they do one for Fatal Frame 2 then I'm jumping on that right away. XD  I love this series so much and it's fanbase is so nice compared to other fanbases. :)

#31 OFFLINE   HollieW

HollieW

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLytham St. Anne's, UK

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

makes me sad that i have the same affliction as midwinter but i'd totally buy it in a heartbeat given the chance. i think it would be cool and it would just be like it was released on the PS3 or something XD

#32 OFFLINE   Inmate7269

Inmate7269

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

I just want to update minorly on this.

I keep checking up and so far at a total of 181 Ratings FF1 continues to maintain a 5 Star rating.

I hope this means good news for the series.

#33 OFFLINE   Asou Misaki

Asou Misaki

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

I have a question for those who've already downloaded the game!

The TV I'll be playing it on (when my fiance stops forgetting to download it) is a fairly large widescreen HD dealy, and when I've tried to play the game on PS2, the resolution was stretched and kinda blurry. Does the PSN version still retain the same issues, or is it HD/widescreen-friendly now?

#34 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

I have a question for those who've already downloaded the game!

The TV I'll be playing it on (when my fiance stops forgetting to download it) is a fairly large widescreen HD dealy, and when I've tried to play the game on PS2, the resolution was stretched and kinda blurry. Does the PSN version still retain the same issues, or is it HD/widescreen-friendly now?

It your PS3 settings. Go into Settings > Game Settings > PS/PS2- Upscaler > change to 'Normal' or off and that should fix the issue.

#35 OFFLINE   Asou Misaki

Asou Misaki

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

It your PS3 settings. Go into Settings > Game Settings > PS/PS2- Upscaler > change to 'Normal' or off and that should fix the issue.

I see! Thanks for the info, I'll try it out the next time I decide to boot up my PS2. :D

#36 OFFLINE   Fay-Sa

Fay-Sa

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

I see! Thanks for the info, I'll try it out the next time I decide to boot up my PS2. :D

No prob! Hope it helps with the PS3. However I think I misread your question and thought you were playing PS2 games on a older PS3...woops..oh well still there in case someone needs it.

As for the PS2 what cables are you using? Is it A/V cables (Yellow, Red, White) they tend to make things look bad on HD TVs. I upgraded to a compont cable(Red, Green, Blue video and Red&White audio), you can get one for a PS3 and it will also work on a PS2 and that should help. Also again in the settings on the PS2 if you have it set to 16:9(widescreen) or full frame. Just mess with your settings and see what helps.

#37 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

I wanted to see if this happened to anyone else...

So I was on the second night, when I walked into the room with the clock (forgot the name), to get the Holy Mirror Piece back from the boy. When i opened the door to the room from the lamp hallway, Miku took about 25 seconds to open it. When i walked in, The room was COVERED in blue and white pixels, which made it extremely hard to see anything. I made my way (slowly) over to the clock to examine it. When the boy came out of it, he blended in extremely well with the pixels (and took almost all of my medicine away). I finally managed to beat him, went into the Rope Hallway, and came back in~everything back to normal!

Just wanted to see if anyone else got this, because it was very scary! And it never happened to me on the ps2 version!

• ナガクラ likes this

#38 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Sounds cool, I would like to see it :D
I would ask for a picture but most likely it's just a random glitch digital distribution can have sometimes like the first Silent Hill had some weird gun echo that it made them remove it from the Europe PSN for a while.

Here is a video of someone playing the PSN version. The glitch you found isn't there too so it was just a random glitch. (Look at the 30 minute mark)

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#39 OFFLINE   HollieW

HollieW

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLytham St. Anne's, UK

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Patiently waiting for it to come to UK PS store, people keep telling me I shouldnt really hold my breath XD 

#40 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

↑ It got me thinking whether creating a US Account would do the trick. I've had this game before that had some free DLCs up for grabs. Trouble was, my local game retailer gave me the US Version of the game so I was forced to go and set up a US Account for myself just to be able to download them. Maybe creating a US Account would give you access to the US PSN Store and you could buy it then?

I'm not really sure if it would cause problems for the actual transaction though, I haven't really bought anything off of PSN (or done anything with my US Account).

daj6G8B.png

"Then show me the darkness within your heart, by sacrificing your soul to me. Let's

indulge ourselves in the ecstasy of death, shall we?"

ꜟGAMES// GRAPHICS// ART// TAROT// LANGUAGE//

I claim no rights to the image, you can find it here.

♦♦Sig requests are closed for the time being. Been very busy these past few months.♦♦

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, PSN, Download, Poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users