Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo

Tips

Fatal Frame Project Zero Gameplay Answered Hints

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

So just got this today and its CREEPY. But I've never played a game with a fixed camera and I'm finding combat kinda hard, so far the ghosts have my ass up for sale, can someone provide me with any hints or tricks to the ghost busting trade?

photo flandrebanner.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Conserve healing items. I can't stress this enough. This game gets really tough later on, and if you aren't prepared it's going to either make the game incredibly difficult or force you to restart. In the first couple of nights there are Stone Mirrors absolutely everywhere. There are 17 in total in the game - five on Night 1, six on Night 2, four on Night 3 and two on the Final Night. There is very little in terms of actual healing items, though - a maximum of 25 Herbal Medicine and 10 Sacred Water in one playthrough. The trick here is to use the abundance of mirrors on the first two nights to your advantage: when you get low on health, rather than wasting valuable healing items you should expend your Stone Mirror, then go and grab another. This will let you accumulate healing items to use later on (and believe me, you will need as much as you can get).

Make sure to stop off at save points and top up your Type-14 film whenever you dip under 30 shots. You never know when that extra couple of photos will save you. If you're having trouble with a particular ghost, don't be afraid to use some Type-37 film; there are 228 shots of it in the game, so you're in no danger of running out if you use it cautiously. There's a lot less of Types 74 and 90 (60 and 24 shots respectively), so be more careful with these. Type-90 in particular should be saved for the final boss if you possibly can (at least try to hold out on using any until you get to the end of Night 3). It's also a simple little thing, but too easily forgotten - remember to change to Type-14 film when you're taking photos of vanishing and hidden ghosts so you don't waste any more precious film.

The director/co-creator actually gave some tips on the game's website for people who were having trouble. They sum it up better than I probably could:

Battle Lectures

#1 Indefinitely refill film

#2 Easily avoid ghosts using the right stick

#3 Turning quickly to catch ghosts

#4 Secrets of the health items

Q&A

• midwinter likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Teen Bulma

Teen Bulma

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Conserve healing items. I can't stress this enough. This game gets really tough later on, and if you aren't prepared it's going to either make the game incredibly difficult or force you to restart. In the first couple of nights there are Stone Mirrors absolutely everywhere. There are 17 in total in the game - five on Night 1, six on Night 2, four on Night 3 and two on the Final Night. There is very little in terms of actual healing items, though - a maximum of 25 Herbal Medicine and 10 Sacred Water in one playthrough. The trick here is to use the abundance of mirrors on the first two nights to your advantage: when you get low on health, rather than wasting valuable healing items you should expend your Stone Mirror, then go and grab another. This will let you accumulate healing items to use later on (and believe me, you will need as much as you can get).

Make sure to stop off at save points and top up your Type-14 film whenever you dip under 30 shots. You never know when that extra couple of photos will save you. If you're having trouble with a particular ghost, don't be afraid to use some Type-37 film; there are 228 shots of it in the game, so you're in no danger of running out if you use it cautiously. There's a lot less of Types 74 and 90 (60 and 24 shots respectively), so be more careful with these. Type-90 in particular should be saved for the final boss if you possibly can (at least try to hold out on using any until you get to the end of Night 3). It's also a simple little thing, but too easily forgotten - remember to change to Type-14 film when you're taking photos of vanishing and hidden ghosts so you don't waste any more precious film.

The director/co-creator actually gave some tips on the game's website for people who were having trouble. They sum it up better than I probably could:

Battle Lectures

#1 Indefinitely refill film

#2 Easily avoid ghosts using the right stick

#3 Turning quickly to catch ghosts

#4 Secrets of the health items

Q&A

Wow I didn't know a lot of that! I'll have to look these over since I still have yet to beat this one as well

GpOY.png

#4 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Ah thanks a bunch

Beat the first night, conservation is okie to say the most. Broken neck was a pain at first she like 3 hit combo'd me. I battled crucified man I think it was fine without using to much film or health items, forced me to use stone mirror but there was another one near the Shinto gate. Learned to use R1 to shoot instead of X as you can move around easier. Creep factor has worn away just the now hope it will get scarier, so far really impressed. Deep crimson butterfly is brilliant but compared to this bad boy, DCB is a cake walk in both difficulty and fear.
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   Fenian

Fenian

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hi there, the first thing I did was to check for subtitles, I always like to turn them on when playing a game with plenty of dialogue(did the same for Fatal Frame 2), I don't see any option for it so I'm guessing there are none for this game, or I missed something?

#6 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

The first game doesn't have subtitles in any language, sadly, no. All of the others do (except the Japanese version of FF3, since the subtitles are bugged and don't work even when switched on).

AAHOrHo.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Fenian

Fenian

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

A shame, enjoying the game nonetheless, the mansion is pretty creepy, some of the voice acting it's nowhere as good as that in Fatal Frame 2.

Off Topic: Are those the shibito nurses from Siren Blood Curse?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Gameplay, Answered, Hints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users