Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rei's House Changes

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Locations Easter Egg Observation

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

Hmm, I haven't noticed any dust so far, unless you're referring to Kei's ashes.  Which bits of furniture?  Except from the ghosts and things already mentioned, the most notable change to me was the BGM.  For a handful of Hours, the music is calm and bit relaxing, until around Kei's chapter?  It turns into strange sounds, noises like doors being closed, people speaking etc.  It was quite effective.

Yeah, the more weird sh*t began happening in Rei's house, the more I was even more scared in the daytime than in the Manor or Sleep. For some reason, looking for ghosts in a calm daytime house setting, is more terrifying to me, than fighting them in an old abandoned manor. Maybe because I expect to see them there, and that Rei's house is what you call "too calm". It didn't help either to get the daylights scared out of me by the Strolling Grandma, now I am scared and paranoid every time I enter that damn hallway.

At the same time though, it is fun to look for subtle changes, it's like an easteregg hunt. And easteregg hunt where you are curious, maybe you'll find/see something no one else has? But at the same time you don't really know IF you wanna find out.

Edited by PikaLink91, 15 April 2018 - 09:29 PM.

.....it's raining again.....

#22 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Firstly, thanks for the answer :)

Tried it out and while it is similar, it isn't the same event. In Hour V I couldn't exit the living room but back then I came from the darkroom. Moreover the shadow in Hour V moved towards the door of Yuu's room and vanished while the shadow I saw stood still and didn't vanish unless I looked at him through the camera. 

I know this is an old post, but it got my curious. Has anyone else seen this shadow? I would really like to find out what triggers it, if it does exist. Not saying anyone‘s making stuff up, but with games like this it happens quite often that people misremember things. That said, since Rei‘s house does have some hidden events you can easily miss, I wouldn‘t rule out the possibility of something like this existing. Same goes for the crimson butterfly.

Anyway, to add some more to this topic:
Aside from the already mentioned billowing movement of the livingroom curtain, which is scripted and only happens once in each playthrough, there‘s something else.
Mostly in later hours of the game, the curtain will start moving if you look at it for a while. It‘s a very creepy, unnatural way of moving...as if it‘s shivering or something. Hard to describe. Anyway, the movement starts in the upper right corner and then slowly spreads, until the whole curtain is moving. I have mentioned this in other threads before, but never got a response if anyone other than me has ever seen this.
It doesn‘t seem to have a specific trigger, and it can happen multiple times each playthrough, or sometimes not at all. I‘ve played through this game at least 8 times and I‘ve had entire playthroughs without the curtain moving, and then others where it moved almost every night.
Also, the curtain in Rei‘s bedroom does the same thing during the scene where the ghost hand is poking out from under Rei‘s bed. I have also noticed that every time I look at Rei‘s livingroom curtain and it moves, most of the curtains in the Manor of Sleep will show that kind of movement as well afterwards. The best place to see this is the Fatal Frame 2 areas, IMO.

Also, if you count strange occurences as „changes“, there‘s something a friend and I discovered years ago. I already mentioned it in the Crimson Butterfly in Rei’s House Thread, but I guess posting it again won‘t hurt:
Other than the Spirit Radio event everyons knows about, there is one more hidden „event“ of sorts. Actually, it‘s more of a scare, I guess. If you fulfill the necessary conditions to trigger this (which I can list again, if anyone is interested), you will wake up to the sound of a voice coming from the Spirit Radio. The voice will stop once you leave Rei‘s room, but there‘s still one more thing: if you go downstairs to Yuu‘s shrine and approach the closet in the corner of the room, you will hear a moan coming from inside. I tried opening the closet, of course, but nothing happened. My friend and I have replicated this several times, but unfortunately it seems like there is nothing else to be found, only those two sounds. The tricky thing about this event is that it is only available during a very short timeframe late in the game. That‘s probably the reason why most players haven‘t encountered it.
  • Meital likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Locations, Easter Egg, Observation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users