Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
AnimalLover4... : (29 August 2017 - 09:39 PM) How about you?
Kouta Koikawa : (05 September 2017 - 01:26 PM) I remember how this forum used to be active. That was many years ago. We need a new game to make the forum active again.
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:29 AM) How about Fatal Frame Card Game?
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:35 AM) Couldn't find anything about it here
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) But it exist, quite long
yamibito : (08 September 2017 - 11:36 AM) http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 09:05 PM) That card game looks so cool!
Rezz : (08 September 2017 - 09:46 PM) I c u, 2017 exchange
Eisenalex : (08 September 2017 - 10:11 PM) when do the exchanges usually start?
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) It varies, but usually around November
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:28 PM) Last year started very late because I wasn't planning to run it but then changed my mind
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:36 PM) Maybe will be earlier this year :3c
midwinter : (09 September 2017 - 02:52 PM) (To be clear, I didn't set up the forum this time, I'm assuming Hex did. So thank you, Hex!)
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) There's a Nintendo Direct coming.
Eisenalex : (11 September 2017 - 10:39 PM) I'm not holding my breath for it but a teaser for a new FF would be nice.
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It would
midwinter : (12 September 2017 - 08:39 PM) It's happening pretty late at night here, so I doubt I'll stay up and watch it, but I'd be happy to wake up to news
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 08:54 AM) Same for me. At least KT once stated that they have a little something in the works for the Switch and I doubt it'll only be FE: Warriors.
Eisenalex : (13 September 2017 - 10:57 PM) Now that was kinda disappointing. Didn't expect Doom and Wolfenstein. As expected, no FF news, unfortunately. I'm surprised that we didn't get a Smash 4 port announced or any news on Travis Strikes Back.
GreekShadow : (24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM) Did I loose something?Or TGS was too poor this year?Almost nothing new was announced for anything?

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rei's House Changes

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Locations Easter Egg Observation

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ZeroRaptor

ZeroRaptor

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Reviving this topic from the old forums, I wonder if anyone else notices how Rei's house gradually changes in many ways as the story progresses? I know there's the obvious water stain in the hallway on the first floor, but I've also noticed how some of Rei's furniture get dustier as time went on. As if her whole house is aging into a decrepit one.

• Emi, ItsukiFace and AnimalLover47999 like this

Blind Woman: "My eyes... my eyes..."

Limbo Woman: "My arms... my arms..."

Me: "Goodness, what next? My feet, my feet?" :blink:

#2 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

I actually have noticed the said stain (which eventually forms into a face by the end of the game) and the hair on the doll in Miku's room growing longer as you progress through the game. Apart from those, I haven't really noticed anything remotely as significant.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

daj6G8B.png

"Then show me the darkness within your heart, by sacrificing your soul to me. Let's

indulge ourselves in the ecstasy of death, shall we?"

ꜟGAMES// GRAPHICS// ART// TAROT// LANGUAGE//

I claim no rights to the image, you can find it here.

♦♦Sig requests are closed for the time being. Been very busy these past few months.♦♦

#3 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

It also depends if you include strange changes, such as ghost appearances, the tv again and again. There is another thread where a forum member swears they saw a crimson butterfly in the house, and is trying to get evidence/replicate the event. :) Those were the main gradual changes as I recall. I didn't notice the furniture getting dustier though, good eye! (And great detail addition game designers!)

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hmm, I haven't noticed any dust so far, unless you're referring to Kei's ashes.  Which bits of furniture?  Except from the ghosts and things already mentioned, the most notable change to me was the BGM.  For a handful of Hours, the music is calm and bit relaxing, until around Kei's chapter?  It turns into strange sounds, noises like doors being closed, people speaking etc.  It was quite effective.

#5 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hmm, I haven't noticed any dust so far, unless you're referring to Kei's ashes.  Which bits of furniture?  Except from the ghosts and things already mentioned, the most notable change to me was the BGM.  For a handful of Hours, the music is calm and bit relaxing, until around Kei's chapter?  It turns into strange sounds, noises like doors being closed, people speaking etc.  It was quite effective.

It changes to the BGM of the Futon Room after the encounter with Kiriko in the attic. Even though you can barely hear it, it definitely has an impact on the atmosphere of the place.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#6 OFFLINE   ZeroRaptor

ZeroRaptor

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

I think the dustiness is more noticiable through the first playthrough since the house starts off cleaner than it does towards the end. Then you get so used to it you don't really notice.

Or maybe I'm strangely observant about these things. :mellow:

Blind Woman: "My eyes... my eyes..."

Limbo Woman: "My arms... my arms..."

Me: "Goodness, what next? My feet, my feet?" :blink:

#7 OFFLINE   SpringFlower

SpringFlower

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

There is the curious case of the telly turning itself on during one of the later nights. And is it me, or is Ruri more finicky towards the end of the game? It's like she's become more sensitive to the ghostly presence inside the house. Been too long since I played The Tormented!

#8 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

↑ Ruri has always been a wonky one for me. :ph34r:

And there's that pair of feet that appears right by the phone and the blood-stained bathroom mirror (courtesy of our friendly Needle Woman) during the latter part of the game. I love how some of the ghosts manage to seep through from Rei's nightmares.

daj6G8B.png

"Then show me the darkness within your heart, by sacrificing your soul to me. Let's

♦♦Sig requests are closed for the time being. Been very busy these past few months.♦♦

#9 OFFLINE   yuuasou

yuuasou

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHere there and everywhere.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

After the first night, if you turn your volume up high, under the rain it sounds like someone is dragging something and whispering. So even before the BGM changes, the music is still not right and it's just creepy D:.

#10 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Is it just me or does someone say something during Rei's calls (in the later chapters)? Not Kiriko's (?) "Let me out!" but something else...it almost sounds like mourning...

#11 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

There's definitely a muttering female voice sound effect on the phone calls, though I'm pretty sure it's on all of them, even the ones in the early chapters. I think they were probably aiming for a generic "talking on the phone" sound effect since they didn't plan to dub all those lines, because silence would be even stranger, but it is a bit disconcerting when it doesn't match the dialogue boxes at all.

#12 OFFLINE   Sigma

Sigma

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

It would be cool if there was a way to look at the game files, figure out and log all of the changes to the house throughout the game. Though that would take the fun out of it I suppose.

Though FF3 is considered the weaker entry in the series by some, I did like the whole refuge concept of Rei's house that gives the player a false sense of security and comfort away from the ghosts only to have it start to be stripped away mid-way through the game as the nightmare becomes very real.

#13 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of Chuck Cunningham Syndrome.

• Spirited Aways
  • 675 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

My favorite of the changes in Rei's house is when there is lots of blood on the mirror of her bathroom and if you look at it with the camera an Engraver (is Needle Woman a mistranslation in the English version?) climbs out of it.  It scared the heck out of me.

#14 OFFLINE   ItsukiFace

ItsukiFace

He of Many Faces

• Spirited Aways
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

I know there's the obvious water stain in the hallway on the first floor, but I've also noticed how some of Rei's furniture get dustier as time went on. As if her whole house is aging into a decrepit one.

Adds quite a realistic touch to the events of the game, yeah? But I wouldn't necessarily count the sudden dust accumulation as an otherwordly phenomenon. 'Prolly just neglect on Miku's part. :P

daj6G8B.png

#15 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

Okay I just had to dig this thread out!

I just started playing through the game again and am trying to find all the ghosts/all the otherwordly stuff in Rei's house. That's why I helped myself with the Zero Wiki (page about Rei's House and Spirit List). The thing is, I remember that in my first playthrough there appeared one of Yoshino's shadow people in the living room, to be more exact it just stood in the corridor between Miku's room and Yuu's room (I was in the living room, next to the couch). When I tried to photograph it it vanished, so I tried to exit the room (heading to the doorway). Every time I entered the living room the figure stood there right before Miku's door. But when I went up the stairs it vanished and didn't return.

Does anybody know in which hour this happens? I'm a little perplexed that this isn't mentioned anywhere ^^

Edited by Nephthys13, 28 July 2015 - 09:43 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

That one sounds pretty creepy, I don't remember ever encountering it myself though. There's so many events in Rei's house that it's perfectly possible that it hasn't been noticed or recorded yet.

Some of the stuff that hasn't been mentioned is Kozue popping out of the closets, I think in both Rei's room and the closet by Yuu's shrine. I also vaguely remember one night on the way back from the red room, the curtains in the lounge appeared to billow outwards and may have had feet below them, but I'm not too sure about that bit. 

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#17 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

So it's like the Crimson Butterfly all over again :D

Strange Kozue never popped out of any closet for me... Only Ruri did it one time. But the feet below  the curtain happened to me too! Now I'm really curious how these are generated by the game, would be nice to know if those events are random or have specific requirements that you need to fulfill.

Edited by Nephthys13, 28 July 2015 - 11:33 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

It appears if you go downstairs instead of following the radio static to Yuu's room in Hour V.  It's really poor quality, but I took a photo of it a few years ago.

#19 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

It appears if you go downstairs instead of following the radio static to Yuu's room in Hour V.

Firstly, thanks for the answer :)

Tried it out and while it is similar, it isn't the same event. In Hour V I couldn't exit the living room but back then I came from the darkroom. Moreover the shadow in Hour V moved towards the door of Yuu's room and vanished while the shadow I saw stood still and didn't vanish unless I looked at him through the camera. 

#20 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 753 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

Oh, that is strange.  Maybe it appears when the static comes from Miku's room?  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Locations, Easter Egg, Observation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users