Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo

Japanese Culture

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

I plan on working on making and expanding the articles in the Japanese Culture section of the wiki, since they don't get as much love as the other sections and I've got the information to do it.

Any concerns, let me know.

Um, how many examples of Goryo should I put? I have a pretty big list I could add, but I don't want to overload it. So what do you think?

Edited by Kaido, 25 February 2013 - 09:24 PM.

• Magamdy likes this

Death begets life...

#2 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

I think you should only add goryo who are specific and relevant to the series. Focus on them first? :) We can always expand later, just don't directly copy from websites or books etc. :)

#3 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

I think you should only add goryo who are specific and relevant to the series. Focus on them first? :) We can always expand later, just don't directly copy from websites or books etc. :)

Are there any that are specifically relevant to the series?

Considering the fact that goryo never physically manifest themselves in apparitional form, but rather appear as natural disaster such as plague, a swarm of insects, ect. The biggest hurdle to overcome is the fact that in no stories of goryo (that I've read) goryo never physically manifest as themselves (which obviously every ghost in fatal frame does), nor are any of them deified to pacify them.

I guess the closest spirits you can consider to be goryo would be Kirie, Sae, Reika and whatever the name of the red kimonoed woman's name is (but technically she can't be one because she's not dead).

I guess I'm going to have to do more research though.

Edited by Kaido, 26 February 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Death begets life...

#4 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Wait, okay, I am confusing the definition of goryo as 'classes' of ghosts, not a specific type. Sorry. I would say, stick to stories/ examples that are relevant, insects (bc similar to butterflies in ff2), earthquakes (ff1 and ff2). Plague I guess can be similar to what happened in (ff3). I would give a few examples and explain the basic definition of goryo and possibly how it has evolved through history? Sorry, when I read goryo I was thinking of it as a classification of vengeful ghosts, not a type. Particular ghosts 'related' to ff series would be: (that I can think of offhand) Yuurei Ubume Zakashi-warshi Onryo Baku - cited by Shibata as inspiration in ff3 Hoochi the monk's story - ff2 influence definitely. There is also the concept of a sort of evil influence, like the mismia that corrupts a spirit turning it evil. (Sometimes it is another spirit, sometimes not. ) but I can't remember the word for it off the top of my head

#5 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

No worries...   ^_^

I'll definitely make sure I add that information to the wiki.

Just found out the entire Yuki-onna article on wikipedia is made up of some of my exact writing when I wrote about it on here back in 2007.  :D Since I don't have the original, it will definitely help with the zero wiki's article on it. Hope you don't care that I basically copy pasted it and changed a few things. I will add more information to it though.

Edited by Kaido, 28 February 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Death begets life...

#6 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

As long as you changed the wording enough where it is in you voice and not a direct copy / paste. ( direct copying paste is plagiarism, something I'm trying to avoid on the wiki).

#7 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Ok, no problem. I will probably end up rewriting it anyways.

Interesting tid-bit of information I ran across... Sorry for the double post, you can delete the post before this if you like.

Sae no Kami (障の神) - the kami who prevents the passage of the spirits of the dead into the world of the living and the guardian of boundaries.

Death begets life...

#8 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

For future reference Kaido, you can go back and edit your posts to add if you have extra stuff to say. There are text limits on posts, but in the case above you were no where near hitting it. :)

The sae no kami thing is pretty cool too! :) did not know that! Is it a general kami or specific to a particular region?

#9 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Must be a general kami, because he was created when Izanagi threw a stick at the Yomotsu-shikome whom Izanami summoned to pursue him for looking at her decayed form.

Death begets life...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users