Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
- - - - -

Crimson butterfly in Rei's House (3rd)

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Crimson Butterfly Reis House Mio Amakura Question

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I even saw a ghost with lots of hands in Osaka house at my very first playthrough of FF2(at the very start of the game) where you where supposedly catch a pic of masumi(the garden part inside the house).
I never got the chance to see that again

I've seen that as well. It's in the furthest room to the right on the first floor in the very back on the left side of the room. Not sure if it was at the beginning of the game though, I think I saw it on the second time you go to the Osaka house.

Now for the topic at hand, if the event you alledge is triggered by the Mother/Daughter sidequest then you need to test each scenario to test your hypothesis. You are going to have to do it a more or less 36 times since there are 6 possible things you have to do on the sidequest. I don't have the game at the moment so I can't help you find her.

Components:

1. Defeat daughter in Hearth Room

2. Waiting Mother in the Partitioned Room

3. Hiding Daughter in 3F Storage Room

4. Wandering Mother in Stairs Hallway for Wandering Mother.

5. Hiding Daughter in Grave Courtyard

6. Optional depending on the order you do it in, fight Wandering Mother  in the Stairs Hallway.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Edited by Kaido, 07 March 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Death begets life...

#22 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

This sounds really interesting. I've never seen the crimson butterfly in Rei's house myself, but I know that there are a lot of well-hidden little secrets in this game, so I see no reason not to believe you. I once discovered something with a friend, and we literally spent hours trying to find out what triggered it. I'll describe it again here (I mentioned it on the old forums before), since it may help understand how some seemingly insignificant details can be important in triggering stuff like this.

So, here goes (late game SPOILERS):

At the time, we were nearing the end of the game and had just done the final battle against Crawling Woman and Rope Priestess. We then did some more random exploration and also left the Manor of Sleep (meaning, we woke up to heal because we were out of Herbal Medicines) a couple of times. Then, one time, there was a voice coming from the spirit radio when we woke up. I believe it's Yoshino's voice, or maybe Crawling Woman's. Anyway, we were kind of creeped out because this was new to us, and so we went to explore Rei's house to see if we could find the source of the voice. When we left Rei's room, the voice stopped. Still, we explored the entire house to make sure. When we reached the room with Yuu's shrine, there was a moaning sound coming from the closet in the corner, but when we opened it, nothing was there. We reloaded to check again, but aside from the moan, there was nothing to be seen/heard anywhere.

I'll spare you the description of how exactly we found out what to do in order to trigger this, and just explain what the triggers are. Keep in mind that it's been a long time since I played FF3, so I hope I remember everything correctly. First, it's important to take Crawling Woman's picture (it's called Trapped Woman) when you find her inside the closet in the Futon Room. Fight her, then wake up. Develop the film, then give the picture to Miku for research. Go to sleep, then wake up again and collect the new info on Crawling Woman from Miku. Now, go to sleep again, and then wake up AGAIN, and you will hear the voice coming from the radio. Go downstairs to the corner in the room with Yuu's shrine to hear the moan. That's it, from what I recall. Also, this cannot be done anymore once you reach the next chapter.

(END SPOILER)

What makes this so unlikely to be discovered is that you have no reason to wake up again after getting that info from Miku. I know this isn't directly related to the butterfly, but maybe the butterfly's criteria are similar. Just a thought^^"

Anyway, I'll definitely try to help with finding the trigger for this butterfly scene, since I'm really curious about it:)

• Yashuu likes this

#23 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Well to be honest i haven't started my investigation here cause i'm kinda enjoying some vacation with my friends.
Either i'm busy or i'm just downright lazy =__=.

Either way we can take our time, it's not like the forums will run from us or anything. (unless it crashes again xD)
I'll try looking even for just 2 playthroughs sometime in the near future.
I'm seriously considering some study sessions on how to hack things.. seriously haha

#24 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 291 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

I haven't played a lot FFIII, but I was wondering that can you "wake up" in middle of that specific hour?

Because if you and your friend were just goofing around (like I do when I'm to scared to move on) and just randomly walking around in Rei's house and that's the trigger? :3

When I get my PS2 working, I'll look for that butterfly too ! :>

#25 OFFLINE   Tsuki Tsuchihara

Tsuki Tsuchihara

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

Has there been any new discoveries for this? It's really interesting, I'll probably research it a bit too and try some things for a trigger.

#26 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

Has there been any new discoveries for this? It's really interesting, I'll probably research it a bit too and try some things for a trigger.

I haven't been able to find anything yet, unfortunately. I tried pretty much the same kind of stuff (collecting info from Miku, waking up several times) that triggered the other situation I described above, but either this is different, or it takes place during a different hour than we originally thought. The attempts I made were right before and during Kei's first hour, since I coincidentally still had a save from that time in the game. But I have to admit that I haven't really tried much after Kei's first hour yet, due to lack of time. So maybe there's something to be found there.

I really want to find out how to trigger this, but I have to admit that I'm kind of lost right now. I mean, there are so many things you can do differently in a playthrough, and the trigger could be anything from taking (or not taking, for that matter) a certain picture or finding an item or entering a specific room or....whatever. I've also been wondering if it may be connected to one of the scenes where you see butterflies in the Manor of Sleep. Like, maybe you have to wake up before/after seeing a specific "butterfly scene"...

#27 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 291 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

I'm still very curious about this Crimson Butterfly -thing ! I really want to see them too *--*

I've also been wondering if it may be connected to one of the scenes where you see butterflies in the Manor of Sleep. Like, maybe you have to wake up before/after seeing a specific "butterfly scene"...

I thought about this recently and since me and my sister are playing FF3, we'll look for the trigger :3

#28 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:31 PM

Can't believe I'm reviving this old thread, but I've been playing White Day and somehow that made me come back to FF3, because it's still my favorite horror game^^"
Anyway, has anyone done some more research on this crimson butterfly? I know there's always the possibility that xProjectZEROx didn't remember it correctly or got something mixed up, but I still want to believe that it's real and just very hard to find, just like what I described a few years ago with that other event I discovered with a friend.

I think back when we first tried to investigate this, we got too focused on the wandering daughter, which IMO doesn't even make sense. There's no logical reason why the wandering mother and daughter should be related to a butterfly and Mio appearing somewhere. If the butterfly really can appear in Rei's house, I'd bet money on the trigger having nothing to do with those two ghosts, actually.

That said, what irks me a bit about this whole story is that Mio showing up is kind of weird, since she's not a ghost... Though I think Yoshino's appearance beside Rei's bed happens before she becomes permanently trapped in the Manor of Sleep, so that would mean it should be possible for Mio, too. Can anyone confirm or deny this? It's been years since I last played this game and I can't remember if Yoshino grabs Rei's arm in her bedroom before or after she turns to ash....

Edit: One more thing that's been bothering me for years and is a kind of similar situation. I remember that during my first playthrough (ages agoXD), I looked into the Well Room (you know, where you use the Dianthus key) through a hole in the wall and saw a woman standing there, crying. I never saw this again and by now I'm kind of doubting my own memory. Has anyone ever seen this?

Edited by Dark_Shiva144, 27 September 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense for it to be in the Wandering Mother/Daughter sidequest chapter, since that's before Mio and Kei even show up, but it's all we've had to go on so far. I do agree with you about this:

That said, what irks me a bit about this whole story is that Mio showing up is kind of weird, since she's not a ghost... Though I think Yoshino's appearance beside Rei's bed happens before she becomes permanently trapped in the Manor of Sleep, so that would mean it should be possible for Mio, too. Can anyone confirm or deny this? It's been years since I last played this game and I can't remember if Yoshino grabs Rei's arm in her bedroom before or after she turns to ash....

The encounter with Yoshino is definitely after she's already died. It happens immediately after the first fight with Yoshino and the Black Shadows, and Yoshino isn't an attacking ghost until she's turned to ash. In FF3 they do seem to be quite careful about showing the difference between living people and ghosts, so if Mio did start appearing in other places that would be pretty weird. So I'm inclined to think it didn't happen, but who even knows at this point?

Re: the Well Room - I've never seen a ghost in there, but there's a file photo similar to what you're describing - could you be thinking of that? This one wouldn't surprise me if it does happen under certain conditions, though, since you get Kyouka crying all over the place; I'll have to try and make a point of checking the Well Room peephole every chapter to see.

• Dark_Shiva144 likes this

#30 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

OK, thanks for clearing that up:) So if only ghosts can appear in Rei's house, there are only two possibilities: Either this didn't happen, or it was Mayu and not Mio. I would really like to look into this more if there's a chance it actually happened, but I have no idea where to start... And some hidden stuff really seems to have very specific triggers so that not everyone will encounter them, even after many playthroughs.
For example, the curtain in Rei's living room. I've had multiple playthroughs where, except for that one scripted moment that always happens, it didn't move, no matter how many times I went to look at it. On other playthroughs, it started moving almost every time I walked up to it. No idea if this is completely random or if there's some kind of requirement for it to happen.

About the Well Room: I know about that photo, but I'm certain I actually saw a ghost in there and it was before I got the key for that room... I even remember that when I got the key and took that photo later, I thought "now it makes sense why there was a crying ghost standing in there". And you're right, it would make sense for it to have been Kyouka. But I have no idea what I might have done to trigger her appearing when looking through that peephole.

#31 OFFLINE   Kouta Koikawa

Kouta Koikawa

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 236 posts
  • LocationTampere, Finland

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

I suppose there's also the possibility that this scene happens randomly with low probability. I couldn't find anything online about this. Must be really rare if no one else on this board has ever seen it.

#32 OFFLINE   Amane-Kuze_FF3/PZ3

Amane-Kuze_FF3/PZ3

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 14 posts
  • LocationChristchurch/New Zealand

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:56 AM

Okay first of all i'd like to share you this topic's history

3-4 years ago The first iteration of this topic was posted by me
There I Stated
Some where early in the game. I saw a Crimson Butterfly flying towards the door near the Kitchen part. I followed the crimson butterfly out of the living room only to see it flying towards the
Dark room(developing room). Of course i followed it. Inside the Dark room, there was i think 1 or 2 butterflies floating around a shining figure across the room. I wen't near and it appears to be Mio.
After she looked at me, she vanished along with the crimson butterflies in the same fashion as Asanuma Kiriko's sighting.

I didn't snap a pic for the reasons that i was a noob that time and i was surprised.
So physical proof of this wasn't capped.
Of course i had a friend with me by that time. I asked him if we really saw her there.
He replied definitely yes.I was puzzled by her appearance there too.
But of course i also knew what i saw.
The topic was kinda heated up with everyone wanting a proof but i got nothing to support the sighting only a testimony by a friend.

1-2 years The Forum moved to the version before everything broke leading to us losing our forum infos and landing in this new site(lol off topic)
I reposted this topic.
I stated my sightings there too of course.
To my joy somebody actually said something good there.
He/She claimed that he/she also saw that crimson butterfly near the kitchen.But he/she didn't follow it cause he/she thought it was just normal D:
But all besides that person nobody has seen it.

So right now i just want to propose a formal search to uncover what actually triggers this scene if it actually exists. (Well to me it does cause i saw it :) )
This thing has bugged me for years and i think its time to put it to an end.
I think hacking the game would be the easiest way cause if this scene is triggered by pure luck it would have to be lower that 1% cause only 3 saw it me,my friend and that someone who claimed to see the butterfly.

I would also want to add that i think i saw this somewhere before, after or inside the hour where Kei first appeared in the manor.Not somewhere near Kiriko's sighting cause i saw this at my first playthrough. I lost my save file before i actually got at the middle of the game.

If this will be proven, i think this will be something like a discovery of the decade for us fatal Frame Fans lol.
I just want to add that i didn't invent this occurence. That Crimson butterfly flying around Rei's house to the dark room isn't something id be able to think about anyway.
I think you also think it like that too.
Everyone needs to see this guys

I wish this topic awakens the Forum a bit lol.

I never came a cross the Crimson Butterfly in the house but I just play it 5 days ago. Though I not sure if Fatal Frame 3 NA is diffent the Project Zero 3 EU version that some stuff in the game been removed or not?

I'll get my ghost girls on you :D

#33 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

I don't think there's a difference between the NA and EU versions. I own both and haven't noticed anything, at least.

#34 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

Damn, I shoulda found this forum years ago, seems like you guys where having a blast digging up secrets and investigating!

Anyway, though it is annoying not being able to prove or replicate something that is left to chance, I too am inclined to believe oc on what she saw, and will join in the investigation. My mind may just be making stuff up here, but I vaguely remember seeing a butterfly near the kitchen too in my first (and so far only) playthrough about 2 years ago, and thinking it was odd, but I don't remember if I followed it or not. In my Clear Game save file from back then, I don't have any photos of Mayu or Mio, and I know I would have snapped a shot had I seen either of them.

So the search goes on I guess, now I am curious too...

• Dark_Shiva144 likes this

.....it's raining again.....

#35 OFFLINE   Dark_Shiva144

Dark_Shiva144

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

Damn, I shoulda found this forum years ago, seems like you guys where having a blast digging up secrets and investigating!
Anyway, though it is annoying not being able to prove or replicate something that is left to chance, I too am inclined to believe oc on what she saw, and will join in the investigation. My mind may just be making stuff up here, but I vaguely remember seeing a butterfly near the kitchen too in my first (and so far only) playthrough about 2 years ago, and thinking it was odd, but I don't remember if I followed it or not. In my Clear Game save file from back then, I don't have any photos of Mayu or Mio, and I know I would have snapped a shot had I seen either of them.
So the search goes on I guess, now I am curious too...

This makes you the third person who has seen it. Maybe it really does exist. Do you remember anything else? Was it near the beginning or more toward the end of the game?

I know most players will have moved on by now since it has been years and nothing has been found, but something just occurred to me and I would like everyone who tried finding this butterfly to answer one question: did you search for it on a completely new save file, or did you do it on a new game plus?
I know this seems unlikely, but what if this is an event that can only be triggered on a completely new playthrough? Both the OP and PikaLink91 encountered this butterfly during their very first playthroughs, so I think this is something to take into consideration. Also, the crying woman I saw inside the Well Room was also definitely on my first playthrough, and I have never seen her again (almost questioning my own sanity by now^^“).
We know that certain events/hidden ghosts can only be found on later playthroughs, so maybe the reverse is also true.

#36 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

This makes you the third person who has seen it. Maybe it really does exist. Do you remember anything else? Was it near the beginning or more toward the end of the game?

I know most players will have moved on by now since it has been years and nothing has been found, but something just occurred to me and I would like everyone who tried finding this butterfly to answer one question: did you search for it on a completely new save file, or did you do it on a new game plus?
I know this seems unlikely, but what if this is an event that can only be triggered on a completely new playthrough? Both the OP and PikaLink91 encountered this butterfly during their very first playthroughs, so I think this is something to take into consideration. Also, the crying woman I saw inside the Well Room was also definitely on my first playthrough, and I have never seen her again (almost questioning my own sanity by now^^“).
We know that certain events/hidden ghosts can only be found on later playthroughs, so maybe the reverse is also true.

It was definitely towards the end, because I remember that even after all the paranormal stuff I encountered, a butterfly still seemed out of place. Like I said I not remember if I followed it or not, because I don't have any photo proof, but I find it strange that I don't because every single day and evening I checked every single room to see if new things had appeared.

Nah, I wouldn't be too sure of that ;-) Remember how old Pokémon Red/Blue and Ocarina of Time is? In Pokémon, some people are still deadset that it is somehow possible to move the truck, and in Ocarina some are still trying to find the elusive Unicorn Fountain. So for us hardcore fans, the search is definitely still on! I am going through my 2nd playthrough now, on a new game plus mind you, because I want the good ending. If I don't find anything, I will replay it on a fresh save file, and if I see anything, I will report back.

(Take notes for FF6 Tecmo, elusive easter eggs and hidden content like this is how you keep your game fresh and relevant)

• Chou likes this

.....it's raining again.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Crimson Butterfly, Reis House, Mio Amakura, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users