Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
- - - - -

Crimson butterfly in Rei's House (3rd)

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Crimson Butterfly Reis House Mio Amakura Question

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Okay first of all i'd like to share you this topic's history

3-4 years ago The first iteration of this topic was posted by me
There I Stated
Some where early in the game. I saw a Crimson Butterfly flying towards the door near the Kitchen part. I followed the crimson butterfly out of the living room only to see it flying towards the
Dark room(developing room). Of course i followed it. Inside the Dark room, there was i think 1 or 2 butterflies floating around a shining figure across the room. I wen't near and it appears to be Mio.
After she looked at me, she vanished along with the crimson butterflies in the same fashion as Asanuma Kiriko's sighting.

I didn't snap a pic for the reasons that i was a noob that time and i was surprised.
So physical proof of this wasn't capped.
Of course i had a friend with me by that time. I asked him if we really saw her there.
He replied definitely yes.I was puzzled by her appearance there too.
But of course i also knew what i saw.
The topic was kinda heated up with everyone wanting a proof but i got nothing to support the sighting only a testimony by a friend.

1-2 years The Forum moved to the version before everything broke leading to us losing our forum infos and landing in this new site(lol off topic)
I reposted this topic.
I stated my sightings there too of course.
To my joy somebody actually said something good there.
He/She claimed that he/she also saw that crimson butterfly near the kitchen.But he/she didn't follow it cause he/she thought it was just normal D:
But all besides that person nobody has seen it.

So right now i just want to propose a formal search to uncover what actually triggers this scene if it actually exists. (Well to me it does cause i saw it :) )
This thing has bugged me for years and i think its time to put it to an end.
I think hacking the game would be the easiest way cause if this scene is triggered by pure luck it would have to be lower that 1% cause only 3 saw it me,my friend and that someone who claimed to see the butterfly.

I would also want to add that i think i saw this somewhere before, after or inside the hour where Kei first appeared in the manor.Not somewhere near Kiriko's sighting cause i saw this at my first playthrough. I lost my save file before i actually got at the middle of the game.

If this will be proven, i think this will be something like a discovery of the decade for us fatal Frame Fans lol.
I just want to add that i didn't invent this occurence. That Crimson butterfly flying around Rei's house to the dark room isn't something id be able to think about anyway.
I think you also think it like that too.
Everyone needs to see this guys

I wish this topic awakens the Forum a bit lol.

• Emi likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Just edited the title a little since you are referring to the crimson butterfly and not mio. :) Not sure, I can't remember this happening, but then again I haven't played ff3 for a while....perhaps I need to break it out for old times sake? :)

#3 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Well the Crimson butterfly actually leads to Mio and the reason why it's there anyway :)

I've started my playthrough but no luck for me cause i'm already near the end and still nothing :(

(off-topic)

Btw my ps2 broke down so i have to use an emulator.

I noticed some glitch in the emualtion which allows you to take legit pics of ghosts(with points) even they are a room away(separated by walls).

using an emulator might make discovering things easier better than a console. Not to mention i can use cheat engine to hack Photo points to 999999 for easy full upgrades :D

Fewer people visit the forums now and this might take a while (or rather never be able to prove it  lelel)

#4 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Heh I noticed too that you can take photos of ghosts thorugh walls, makes your life a lot easier, but also, if you take the photo of the dead Master Builder before you enter through the wall, you won't be able te enter and get the item inside there.

#5 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Heh I noticed too that you can take photos of ghosts thorugh walls, makes your life a lot easier, but also, if you take the photo of the dead Master Builder before you enter through the wall, you won't be able te enter and get the item inside there.

That's one of the craziest things i've gotten so far lol.Good thing there's a state save function :rolleyes:
You can even take pics underground.

#6 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

If you mean through the floor, yes. When you first walk with Kei over the roof there is a ghost underneath the roof you can't normally capture, but you can get it now. It doesn't have any name and is worth 500 points. Anyway, to get back to your original story, I guess I'll have to believe you, because why should you make this all up I guess (or you were on LSD). However, hacking the game to make this happen seems very hard. With Cheat Engine you probably will have do discover some impossible to find code that triggers that excact scene, and change it to a "1"indicating it triggered or something. Hell I'm just rambling I haven't she slightest clue how hacking works lol.

#7 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, i'm trying to learn how to use cheat engine to do those things. But i think finding the address of that something that triggers this scene will be hell to do.
Noob hacker is noob :wacko:

#8 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Do you remember at what point in the game you saw this? Think, ZERO, THINK!!!

#9 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Do you remember at what point in the game you saw this? Think, ZERO, THINK!!!

I think i've said that on my first post lol.
On, before or after Kei's first hour.
My save of this game is deleted so i've never met Kiriko yet in Rei's room.So all hour's before that could be it.
But i remember seeing this at that time(faintly).
Man if i wasn't such a noob 5-6 years ago <_<

#10 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm sorry, yea you already said it in your OP.

Anyway, this all remembers me of the Blinded ghost and Floating Head wandering ghosts in Fatal Frame 1. On my first playtrough I saw them but I could never get them to spawn afterwards, so I thought they were unique to your first playtrough, but when I played the game again I couldn't get them to spawn, so I found out there were some very specific things you needed to do to trigger the scene, maybe this is no different?

#11 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Its what you call Beginner's luck haha.
I even saw a ghost with lots of hands in Osaka house at my very first playthrough of FF2(at the very start of the game) where you where supposedly catch a pic of masumi(the garden part inside the house).
I never got the chance to see that again
Epic things always come to me when i'm a noob .. WHY :wacko:

Edited

If i'm not mistaken That old guy in one of the cutscenes in FF2(whoever he is... Seijiro Makabe or Ryozo Munakata? Sorry I'm not knowledgable with amle cahracters in this game like i am with girls lol. Its a surprise i still remember those names ) is attacked by the same ghost i saw

#12 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Back when you posted this on the old forums, I did try waking up a couple of times during Kei's first hour, but I never saw anything. So if this is legit, and you're remembering the timing correctly, it must be necessary to wake up at a very specific point or trigger it somehow.

#13 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yeah i could be off with my timing there but its definitely somewhere near Kei's first hour.
Funny thing is i kinda remember this to happen in Rei's house in the dayllight.
There has to be something you need to do to trigger this.

The only thing i remember i triggered in that playthrough which i haven't been able to trigger recently is at the cemetary place.(the one with snow where Yuu went to)
During that time the camera view of the game focused on a ball at the right side of the cemetery and i dunno if i heard some crying too probably from the wandering daughter.

Now on my more recent playthroughs i get to always see that ball below some stairs somewhere in the manor.

Now to think of it it might be one requirement(if there are any <_< )

Edited:

okay remembered something again. After that ball fell down the stairs you're supposed to take a pic of wandering daughter. After that i saw the ball next in the cemetery where that camera change thing happened.Snapped a pic wandering daughter crying there and gained a piece of paper. Well i guess this is on the wiki

let me research this on the wiki

#14 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Huh.....really...I could have sworned you got that piece of paper somehwere else. Did you fight her before you snapped the last picture of her, I mean fight her after you took her pic in the big fireplace room at the start of the mansion

#15 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

The wiki says you can find her in the grave courtyard. But you can take her pictures in any order and trigger some fights with wandering mother if you don't go to the courtyard first.
If you did, then you won't be able to fight wandering mother in the Stairs hallway.

#16 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

I know you can find her in the graveyard. In my game it is like this: There are three ghosts of her, one near the Save Point, which you will fight if you snap her, one at the top of the strairs, from where a ball will fall, and one in te graveyard. As long as you don't snap any of her pics, there are 2 ghosts of the mother you can snap, one in the foyer hallway and one near the little door to the Black Stains Room. Also she will appear in the tatami room (or whatever it's called). If you snap all three pics, and I think only then do you get the note. After that Wandering Mother will attack you in the tatami room.

I personally was never attacked by her any other place, I just saw her ghost in some places. Also, I never saw that ball. I will have to try this out sometime. This feels like a treasure hunt lol. 

#17 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

If that ball scene is a trigger for our original goal. then this is going to be more work :)

#18 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'm assuming you have the ability to play the game, then we could team up and do an investigation. The ball is our only lead at the moment, so that should come first.

#19 OFFLINE   xProjectZEROx

xProjectZEROx

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Lol, Well currently I'm in the Sacrificial Pillar Hour.with Kei
Maybe i should finish this up real quick to unlock the nightmare mode which will be cinch cause i got Cheat engine xDD.
OMG Kei's camera so awesome owowowowow okay work work work

#20 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, I'm alsi in the middle of the game (on easy though) cause I need to finish up some of my texture rips.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Crimson Butterfly, Reis House, Mio Amakura, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users