Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a legal way to play Fatal Frame: Deep Crimson Butterfly in North America?

Deep Crimson Butterfly Wii Localization Question Answered

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saralizzy1981

saralizzy1981

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

I have the Homebrew channel and I bought a Wii specifically to play FF4, so I'm kind of willing to do a lot to play these games legally. I really, really want to play this version of FF2, so please, someone who knows about this stuff, HELP ME PLAY THIS GAME! (Please.) Thanks in advance!

#2 OFFLINE   wkbrg

wkbrg

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

My Wii has HBC and Riivolution only (AFAIK), it's not chipped or anything, won't run pirated games at all, I bought FF2 Wii PAL and it worked fine. I guess that's a legal way to run it, isn't it? ;)

I'm not from US, so I don't really know about laws there, maybe it is more strict than here, since now you can't even unlock smartphones.

#3 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Homebrew is technically not "legal", but i am not getting into that grey area.

Regardless, having homebrew should enable you to play your storebought pal version of ff2 on your American wii without an issue. Enjoy!

(Pretty sure that FF2 for the Wii has to have a 4.3 update on it, so just using the riivolution software won't work w/o homebrew)
  • wkbrg likes this

#4 OFFLINE   NuMetalWolf

NuMetalWolf

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRJ, Brazil

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Homebrew is technically not "legal", but i am not getting into that grey area.

Regardless, having homebrew should enable you to play your storebought pal version of ff2 on your American wii without an issue. Enjoy!

(Pretty sure that FF2 for the Wii has to have a 4.3 update on it, so just using the riivolution software won't work w/o homebrew)

Just a question: what is Homebrew?

gPDuQRc.jpg?1

"I have nothing to say. But I feel like my mouth is wide open.

Everything that is real comes around.."

#5 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Most of the information you need can be found in this thread: http://bcl.rpen.us/c...k-on-a-43-wii/  Of course, you wouldn't need to get the patch, just go through the Homebrew bits. I used this guide, and it works fine.  One thing I did notice is that Riivolution did not like my Wiimotion plus remote, so if you get some icon issues, use a regular wiimote. Not everyone has this problem.

#6 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Lone wolf - google homebrew channel. You'll get your information on what it is.

#7 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Easy said then done (or should I say expensive?) import a PAL Wii to play it (or a Japanese Wii if you're getting the Japanese version). That is the only legal way you can play it without moding which moding a system is NOT legal.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#8 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 429 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

Its not the only way. Buy a free loader, it allows you to play foreign games on your home system. Their seriously cheap does nobody know what these are ? Datel make them
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   FiliusMartis

FiliusMartis

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Administrators
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

We don't allow the discussions of emulators in here. If you want to play the game, you need to buy a legal copy.  It's a hassle that it wasn't released in North America, I know, but many people have managed it, and plenty of us are happy to help people if they try one of the ways listed above and still have difficulties.

#10 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

We don't allow the discussions of emulators in here. If you want to play the game, you need to buy a legal copy.  It's a hassle that it wasn't released in North America, I know, but many people have managed it, and plenty of us are happy to help people if they try one of the ways listed above and still have difficulties.

I'm not gonna argue with you, I'm just telling you that I was not talking about buying a legal copy or not, just about the emulator itself, which is legal as long as you acquire your own BIOS form your own purchased wii. And honestly, I think playing that game on an emulator, and I mean from the disc is just as legal as playing it in your however-modded Wii. I guess I shouldn't have brought it up, but I couldn't help it either :)

#11 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Guys, lets be clear on this - since another member was asking me my personal opinions on it. The reason why we do not discuss said subject matter in the forums is because Tecmo watches my forums and website. I also know that people from the gaming industry have been users here before. I have in the past gotten already one letter about 'watching content that is being posted on my website' or we will take action. Whatever personal opinions or feelings I have, I would rather very much to continue to have these forums, the wiki, up and running so we can talk about fatal frame than have one topic on hacking, modding, importing, that gets EVERYTHING shut down. So here is my last friendly warning on the subject. Please do not discuss emulators, homebrew, freeloader, or downloading game torrents, burning games, copying games etc in these forums. If you really wish to say something, go to pm or email, or another forum that is dedicated to that kind of discussion. The only exception about homebrew talk is in reference to installation of the fan translation in the ff4 section. There is no technical need to discuss the deep crimson butterfly game since the only place it wasnt released was the us. If you can't help yourself and do post, I'm deleting your post, and dealing out warning points. So please follow the very easy rules here so I don't have to play the 'bad guy' in all of this. This topic has pretty much been answered, so going to close it.

#12 OFFLINE   saralizzy1981

saralizzy1981

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Oops, sorry. What a can o' worms I didn't mean to open! I appreciate the help, everyone, and totally respect the admins. (And I honestly only got the H.channel for the translation of FF4.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deep Crimson Butterfly, Wii, Localization, Question, Answered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users