Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Day 23 - Favourite Cutscene

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Day 23

What is your favourite cutscene in the series?  It replays again and again in your mind... Why?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Promise Ending in FFII

#3 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

ah so many to choose from xD mine would have to be endings were the characters live (though most are not canon) I still feel better seeing them all alive.

a80Suw0.png

#4 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

Yeah, Promise Ending for me too, partially because everyone lives, but also because it's the only FF2 ending that has the song playing along with it, which kinda makes for a nice effect. The ending from FF2 Wii where you see Mayu painting Mio's lips is also pleasantly creepy; I lost my bother when I first watched it, and then lost even more bother when I saw how it (possibly) connected to part of the actual game

#5 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

I quite like Kei's voyage to stake down Reika, only for the stakes to come out. That was a good moment. I like the Repentance cutscene in the final chapter of 2, too.

AAHOrHo.gif

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

I really like the new cutscenes of DCB, and also many endings...

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Choushiro remembers now. The chase to the rooftop. The knife in his belly. His desperate attempt to take Haibara down with him; Haibara letting him, smiling as if he'd been waiting for nothing else. The long fall. The impact. The sky burning into his open eyes; back then it was the sun, and now it's the moon, but it's all the same.

He looks at his body where it lies, and wonders how he could ever have forgotten.

While he's staring, lost for words, Sayaka steps out of the shadows. Her kind eyes smile at him, and he smiles back.

----

What's not to love about this scene? <3

#8 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

Sae in the Great Hall

The introduction of Sae and the Kusabi. A first hint at the gruesome past of the Kurosawa House. Sae's Laugh. Mio squeaking like a guinea pig. This cutscene has it all. 

#9 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

I love the scene with Miku in the Rope Palace and the figure under the sheet.  The music, flashback, and Kizuna's movements as she drags herself onto the pedestal all come together to make a really good horror scene. 

#10 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

image.png

(Runaway ending) I think this is one of the cutscenes that are stuck in my head in big time. It's cool that they made Mio choose (and made her more human in that way, I think?), too bad it was just Game over after that .. ยด:>

#11 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

Ah, whenever I play the games I take note how much I love certain scenes, but when I have to list them here suddenly my mind runs empty... Well, one scene I remember and love is among the added cutscenes in DCB, when during chapter 7 Sae-Mayu is found locked in Itsuki's room and she slowly creeps to the window to take Mio's hand. I really like how it portrays more of the Sae's hold on Mayu, and how tensed the whole scene is. Even Mio is hesitant, not knowing whether she's her sister or not. And just when you think it's Mayu, she turns into bloody Sae holding Mio's hand. I love that scene! The emotions are so well shown, Mayu's shocked face when Mio backs away, and the whole creepyness of the whole thing. Not knowing whether to trust Mayu anymore or not, and how she slowly backs into darkness, it brings out perfectly the whole tension between the twins due to possession and the disturbing atmosphere of the story. Also, I think it's the first time we see Sae showing a "gentle gesture" at Mio when she holds her hand against her face, as Sae has usually just been chasing Mio down to hurt. That scene added such creepy feel that I'd have loved to see more of like that~

Another scene I really like, for how well it is done, is from FF3 when Miku steps into the rope chamber for the first time. The emotions are portrayed so well, the doubting, conflicted look she gives as she faces her past nightmare, and the pure horror when Kizuna creeps at her. Damn, poor Miku! I wouldn't wanna have nightmares like that either. It's also a great example of a well executed horror scene, with the body lying under the blanket and the dragged tension following that, all culminating into figure slowly crawling into view. I was quite scared by that scene when I was younger! As added bonus, the scenes in the beginning chapters of FF3 are all great and horrifying, especially ones with Reika and Yoshino. It's no wonder many consider this to be the scariest game in series.

• segment likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users