Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again

Photo
- - - - -

Day 20 - Worst Ritual

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Day 20

What is the worst ritual in the series? Why?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Cutting ritual..... Outrageous...

#3 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

the dancing ritual in the fourth one. It really didn't seem all that great and no real details of why it failed either.

a80Suw0.png

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Probably the Tokoyomi Ritual/Rite of Eternal Sight.  It's all fine and good till it's stated that it's completely luck based whether or not the ritual failed.  It has nothing to do with anyone's actions and is just a gambit.  It was bound to fail eventually so honestly it would have been smarter for the villagers to move away from the village and live in peace somewhere else.  Yeah it would continue to spread and eventually overtake the world but if it's gonna fail eventually what's the point of risking your friends and family?  (I don't take credit for this opinion.  Midwinter's thoughts made me realize this.)

#5 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

The Blinding Ceremony. Every time I watch it, or even think about it, I shudder. Not only does it leave the maiden STILL ALIVE AND IN PAIN after the fact, it's almost like taking away the child's innocence, as the maiden is chosen because they're the most pure and thus able to hide from demons. Just...such a scary thought...

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

I don't like very much the cutting ritual, maybe it's because the game doesn't give many details about it : just a couple of notes & a too short cutscene...

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

The Blinding Ritual. Ew no. No no. No.

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Oops, I forgot I needed to write a new drabble for this one. I might edit one in later.

My new least favourite is the Tokoyomi Ritual in Spirit Camera. It takes all FF3's vagueness with none of its intriguing detail, borrows the Strangling Ritual's credibility-stretching ten year isolation and makes it even less credible, adds in a dash of eye horror, and in the end it's all just a roll of the dice, because even if the participants do everything perfectly, there's still no guarantee the spirit they summon will be benevolent! Anyone who thought that was a good idea deserves to be sucked into the darkness, frankly.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

What was your old least favorite and why?

#10 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

The Piercing of the Soul, because it's overly complicated and doesn't make much sense.

#11 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Cutting Ritual.

It has the overall cruelty from the Strangling Ritual but lacks in an emotional way. They take outsiders and let them suffer...I'm not a fan of that. It could be better if the game had described it as an emotional torture, maybe adding the thoughts of more Kusabis. 

#12 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

Crimson Sacrifice.  Given the circumstances, anyone who objects to performing it looks extremely selfish and most of the tragedy is rooted in angsty 2gether 4ever codependency that I don't find compelling.  

#13 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Blinding ritual also, but this one is just so cruel and.. what were they thinking when they made these rituals.... ew.

image.png

#14 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

There are indeed few rituals that make me shudder, but to choose one I have to say Rite of Spirits. It's just plain horrible, cruel and mostly unnecessary. The engravers are lured to and then forced to stay in Kuze Shrine so they are not participating out of their free will, and then they have to gouge their own eyes, stab their hands and be forced to serve the Kuze family. There is no really "convincing enough" reason for all that but just to make it all unnecessary cruel and give engravers a more horrifying appearance. Blinding Ritual is also one that is terrifying and the second on my list. Just ouch! It has bit of an unnecessary feel with its cruelty too, however, it is used to weaken the spirits beyond Hell gate so it has bit of an important job, even if weakening those spirits doesn't really make much sense. The ropes will bind the gate anyway, what, would the spirits creep through the gate if not blinded? Not that I can't see the logic behind the ritual but just like Rite of Spirits it feels to have been added more for the sake of gore element.

I have to also add that while I find the the Strangling Ritual really interesting and thrilling in its simplicity, it is the most cruel ritual to even think about out of them all. Being slowly pulled apart limb by limb while still alive, damn, you can't get any worse than that. Easily the most horrifying ritual in the series. But like with all of these rituals mentioned, that gives it and the game such twisted appeal~

Edited by FeraN, 22 September 2015 - 11:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users