Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Day 19 - Best Ritual

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Day 19

What is the best ritual in the series? Why?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

really not have favorite but Mayu and Mio ritual makes me cry.......

especially when she ask Mio to Kill her

#3 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Fatal Frame III's tattooed ritual. Having to take on so much pain from people and having it etched into your body and having to cast your own away in a shattered mirror and having to sleep for eternity so that others won't have to feel pain. The priestesses were extremely strong to do something like that.

a80Suw0.png

#4 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I'd have to say Fatal Frame 3's ritual. The amount of pain and torment the priestess has to suffer is very heartbreaking. Tied would be Fatal Frame 2's because it's also really horrible.

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#5 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

2's and 1's rituals.  2's because of how horrifying and tragic it is and 1's because of how painful and terrible it was.

#6 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

I would say the tattooing ritual. It's an interesting concept, to be able to give your pain physically to someone else, but also for the priestess to actually carry on that burden. Plus it doesn't seem AS painful as being strangled by your own blood and flesh, or being pulled apart by ropes >__> The two dancing rituals from FFIV looks really pretty too though, from what I've seen of them

#7 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I love the Ceremony of Passage of FF4 :

An hypnotic music, a mysterious woman who dances like possessed and the creepy light of the moon...

Brrrr... it gives me chills :D

198003testsakuya.png

#8 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

2's Crimson Sacrifice. It makes the most logical sense to perform, and provides interesting opportunities for incest exploration of the twins' relationships.

AAHOrHo.gif

#9 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

The elder twin always resisted the crimson sacrifice ritual in their heart. Even Ryokan had. Taking his brother's life couldn't be right; living alone after knowing such perfect companionship couldn't be destiny.

The younger twin always understood, but the elder couldn't, until the very moment of the sacrifice, when suddenly he felt the life of his brother flowing into him, and finally comprehended what the priests meant when they said twins were one soul in two bodies.

It hurt, of course, but it was the pain of a wound healing. And when Yae's time came, she would understand that, too.

----

I think FF2 did the best job coming up with a ritual that blended emotion, imagery and narrative themes from the whole game, and the way it was used in the ending gave such a great sense of closure. It didn't feel pointlessly cruel like the Strangling Ritual, and it had a strong, coherent visual/spiritual motif that was lacking in FF3 and FF4. No question in my mind that this is the best ritual of the series.

#10 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

I think FF2 did the best job coming up with a ritual that blended emotion, imagery and narrative themes from the whole game, and the way it was used in the ending gave such a great sense of closure. It didn't feel pointlessly cruel like the Strangling Ritual, and it had a strong, coherent visual/spiritual motif that was lacking in FF3 and FF4. No question in my mind that this is the best ritual of the series.

Sorry for taking the cheap way but I couldn't say it any better. 

#11 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

The Kiraigou.  I don't fully understand it, I doubt anyone ever will, but the concept around it is interesting and The Day Without Suffering is my favorite post-ritual disaster.  Calling it the best doesn't feel right, as it's clearly not, but it's the one I prefer ultimately.  

#12 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Crimson Sacrifice from FF2. It's sad that you have to sacrifice person who is so close to you and that's tragic.

image.png

Edited by Meital, 05 July 2014 - 04:49 PM.

• midwinter, Hex and AnimalLover47999 like this

#13 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

Crimson Sacrifice from FF2. Maybe because it was the first FF game I got to know, but I have always found it most interesting and most logical out of all, with also a strong spiritual and symbolic meaning. It isn't just a majorly physical torment but also includes the surviving twin and their guilt, which opens more stories to be told of them and questions to be raised even after the ritual. Not to mention the bonds between twins play significant role, which not only breaks from the "sacrifice must not feel for others" pattern but also allows interesting relationships to be told. I like all the rituals in the series and while the Crimson Sacrifice may not be the most visual or mystically detailed it feels the most solid package. It is also explained through the game so well that I haven't had to read extra from the Internet to understand every detail. With FF3 I had to check some things and FF4 is its whole another case ;D Not to mention FF2's ritual is different from others eg. for it includes two main sacrifices (even if only one dies) as main performers opposed to a single woman and it didn't fail because of a woman's love for their man, which is refreshing between FF1 and FF3. It just simply feels the most unique and interesting to me out of them all.

Edited by FeraN, 21 September 2015 - 11:04 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users