Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again

Photo
- - - - -

Day 18 - Least Favourite Part of the Game

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Day 18

What is your least favourite part in the series? Which game? Why?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

in Fatal Frame IV where you have to fight the kanade and Utsuwa I dreaded that battle so much lol

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

a80Suw0.png

#3 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

in Fatal Frame IV where you have to fight the kanade and Utsuwa I dreaded that battle so much lol

Completely agree with this. I hate that part sooooooooo much! I dread playing it everytime.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

For Fatal Frame 1 it's Night 3.  That night is such an unfair difficulty spike that it's ridiculous.

For 2 it would have to be chapter 8 since there isn't really much new story detail (I don't feel this way for DCB.)

For 3 it's the parts with the Purifying lights.  They are so unforgiving and Reika doesn't go away if you relight the area while she's chasing you!  Plus if you are a completionist and want to do all of the sidequests then good luck with the last few chapters of the game.

4 would definitely be the Kanade and Utsuwa fight.

#5 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

I agree with the part with the purifying lights part =\ was a tad obnoxious. Made the game more challenging but also just kinda spiked up the difficulty a biiiit too much

Also the part in FF2 when you lose your camera. Also the first time that Sae decides to play with you. Not a fun time.

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

The purifying light part of course : it's so cruel to add difficulty in a game sooo difficult D:

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Purifying lights. They don't make it scarier, they don't add anything to the game, they just slow you down, send you further off course and prevent you from exploring - basically like precursors to ghost hands. Hated them.

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

The cell was in Mio's dream. That didn't surprise her: she thought the cell was where she'd really lost Mayu. If only she hadn't left her alone then – if only she had stayed with her, no matter what – if she'd kept her promise, maybe everything would have been different.

Of course the door locked behind her when she stepped through and sat before the writing desk. The butterflies fluttered about her, but she was hardly aware of them. She had to wait now, the way Mayu had waited for her. Then they could be together, and Mio could be forgiven.

----

I am responding to the themes somewhat slantwise. So just in case you can't guess my answer from reading this less-than-obvious drabble, I'm not so keen on Kei's second hour. It was cool seeing Mio again and all, but it didn't feel like it had much to do with the FF3 story. Miku's first hour is a bit like this, too, but it has Amane and introduces the Kaname plot thread, so I can deal with it.

#9 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Chapter Two - The Twins

As much as I love this game, I hate the second chapter. It feels like a filler in my opinion. First you have to go all over the village to collect the keys and then you have to fight your way through all the Villagers. And they didn't stop respawning! The only ray of hope in this chapter is Sunken Woman.

#10 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Choushiro's chapter that starts in the hospital basement and takes you aaaaall the way to the cemetery and back.  It just feels really unnecessarily long and could have been shortened or made more interesting easily.  Don't get me started on 2's chapter 4.

#11 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Finally going to finish Fatal Frame 30 ^^'

My least favorite is the part in Fatal Frame 3 when you have that blue lantern and Reika is chasing you :<

image.png

#12 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:38 AM

This is easy: the Underground passageway from FF2/DCB. Christ. I have bothered to kill every mourner on that path only once. Once.That is saying enough. I hate that part with intense fire, not only are there no save points after it, but mourners are pain to defeat or avoid in small space and just make you use your health items for nothing. It doesn't add anything to the horror or story, nothing but unbelievable frustration when you want to head to the end and have to spend ages fighting these b-tards instead. And the best part? If you die against Kusabi, hurray! Now you have to go through that passageway again!

I hate that part :) I rather spend an entire game with Purifying lights than face all those mourners in tight space again without Optimal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users