Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Day 16 - Least Favourite Place

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Day 16

What is your last favourite haunted place in the series? The one you wouldn't be caught dead (or alive) in!  Why?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I don't have one. I don't dislike or hate any of the locations.

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#3 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

4th Floor ward, Hidden room next to Ayako (Creepy Ju on Sound) and Kageri`s room in FFIV

in Both of FFII it`s Kiryu House and Whisper Bridge

SCARIEST FEELING EVER!

#4 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

mine would have to be the Himuro mansion fish tank room. If you go in there at a specific point in the game you would be attacked by long haird and a wondering monk.

a80Suw0.png

#5 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't really want to be caught dead or alive in any of the places XD but I don't really have a least favourite out of them...

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I don't have one. I don't dislike or hate any of the locations.

Me too <)

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Manor of Sleep. I would be lost in five seconds. The Engravers and co. don't sound too pleasant as company, either.

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Haibara Hospital was the ugliest building in the world, You sometimes thought, a hulking slab of a structure, too square and solid for an island named after moon and clouds. It looked like a prison, and like a prison, its secrets were all dirty, trivial and low. No wonder the patients were mad.

He'd travelled to the mainland to escape its massive, blockish shadow, but it hadn't been enough. This was it, this was the path into its heavy geometry, this was the door into rooms where the stuffy air smelled of chemicals and filth; this was his welcome home.

----

Firstly I think hospitals are kind of done as a horror setting; secondly it's grubby and cluttered and unpleasant; thirdly it's just plain ugly, especially compared to the lovely traditional Japanese architecture in the rest of the series.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Difficult question...

Does the forest in PZ2 count? Where you run along a linear path before reaching Minakami Village? If so, it would be this forest. It's boring and all you do is running along a path. 

#10 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Himuro Mansion.  It's the only location from the 4 that I still dread going through, and the Rope Curse is a big nope.

#11 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

I don't think I have a least favourite place, but if I had to choose..

boxxx.jpg

My least favourite place is that box... with that woman. I wouldn't never EVER go to hide there.. D:

• midwinter likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

That FF2 cemetary. It is like far away from everything, totally forgotten place. So dark and creepy. Another place I would rather not go is Haibara Hospital. Hospitals, hrr.. No thanks.

#13 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

The long cave before the final boss in FF2. I codswalloping hate that place. It's just a super long hall way full of mourners FOREVER. And they're like, "hey, we're not so bad. Here's, like, two film. Now have fun."

#14 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

Even though I more or less love all the places in the series, if I had to drop out one however, it'd be Himuro Mansion. I haven't actually played FF1 either, so I don't have any nostalgia factor and from the playthrough I have been watching through, the mansion - even if very fascinating one - kinda loses to the next settings if I had to put them side by side. FF2 had an entire village and while Kuze shrine is basically a one large mansion too, it has such lovely details and bit more memorable rooms. Like the snow falling outside windows and the doll altars. Himuro mansion just feels one big brown and gray building without any specific factor to put it above Kuze shrine, even if it IS interesting one and I love reading about it. Now I did consider choosing Kuze shrine for this as well, for how 1/3 of it re-uses rooms from earlier games, but in the end the new content overcomes the repeat by so far that it never bothered me that much. In FF2, the different houses are almost too much alike too, but the scale and option to venture outside puts it way more on the positive side.

However, had I actually played FF1 and got the mansion more memorized and explored myself, I might have different view as this is mostly based on reading and watching playthrough of it. And don't let the rather negative ramble fool you, I DO love Himuro mansion and its secrets! ;D But when I have to choose...

#15 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

Haibara Hospital.  It's freaky and creepy but compared to all the more traditional Japanese locations in the series it's kind of dull in comparison.  But only when comparing it to the other places.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users