Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Day 15 - Favourite Place

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Day 15

What is your favourite place of haunt in the series? Where you would be spirited away again and again if you could! Why?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Rougestu Island. Everything about it was awesome and it was so huge. There were so many places to go - Rougetsu Hall, Haibara Hospital, Tsukiyomi Beach, Ruka's House - so many places to admire and explore.

• Sosezi likes this

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#3 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Rougestu Island. Everything about it was awesome and it was so huge. There were so many places to go - Rougetsu Hall, Haibara Hospital, Tsukiyomi Beach, Ruka's House - so many places to admire and explore.

Totally Agreed with you!! all the FFIV are COOL!

and FFII all too!! because FFII are really SUPER! i mean Area are Amazing!

#4 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

I do like Rougestu Island. But I like the mansion in Fatal Frame III how big it is and different every time you go back into a nightmare.

a80Suw0.png

#5 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

I like the idea of the Kuze mansion / Manor of Sleep, where it adapts based on the memories of whoever enters. I wouldn't mind exploring Rougetsu Island eiher, although I guess I can't really say that fairly since I have yet to play FFIV

#6 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

I totally love the beaches in FF3 & FF4 ; sooooo beautiful :3

198003testsakuya.png

#7 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Rougetsu Island. Pretty much the only place you can go without being mutilated.

AAHOrHo.gif

#8 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Every day, Makie wandered further into the mountains. She found hidden groves, hidden waterfalls and streams, but not her husband, no matter how she called.

At the equinox she found the ruined manor house. She'd heard about this place. Once it had been a shrine, but it was just an empty shell now. Dead leaves crisped beneath her feet as she wandered through the roofless corridors. Birds nested in the rafters.

She left and went on her way; or she thought she did, but she returned, that night, and the next, and in her dreams the ruin went on forever.

----

Manor of Sleep/Kuze Shrine. I feel I have rambled about this quite enough, but I just have a thing for sprawling, haunted mansions.

#9 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Kuze Shrine.

I love the idea of visiting the mansion in your dreams. Kinda reminds me of NiGHTS...

It's huge and it feels like every time you come there, it's different. Moreover the concept, that it's build upon your worst nightmares, is horribly threatening.

The dreamy athmosphere adds a lot to the scare factor and makes it to the scariest mansion in the franchise (at least I think so).

#10 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

Rougetsu Island for individual places, but I prefer the atmosphere and setting of the Kuze Shrine more.  Snow, hidden rooms, maze-like corridors, and corpses stuffed in the walls?  Count me in.

#11 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

end.jpg

The places that made the best first impression were these :>

I don't know if you can tell what these places are, but on the left is beach from Fatal Frame III and on the right is the very first place that you see in Fatal Frame II.

• midwinter likes this

#12 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

From all game places I think Manor of Sleep is my favorite. Athmosphere in there is same time somehow soothing and scary. If somewhere specific, I'd like to go at that FF4 beach.

manors_zpsxdvvtllz.jpg

#13 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

From all game places I think Manor of Sleep is my favorite. Athmosphere in there is same time somehow soothing and scary. If somewhere specific, I'd like to go at that FF4 beach.

manors_zpsxdvvtllz.jpg

Same. I loved the manor of sleep. It was a maze and full of so many little secrets...

#14 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

Even though hospitals are kinda overused in video games already, FF4 nevertheless captivated me with its mental institution and the island in general. For better or worse depending on the person asked, it gave a different setting compared to the last three games where the main stage had been in traditional old japanese housing. I personally loved the new and more modern take in FF4 - even if I loved the places in previous titles as well - as it gave a bit of a fresh and varying setting to explore. Mix of modern and old is what sets it apart from the other settings to me.

The Rougetsu hall and Haibara hospital were full of details and things to explore on your way, it really did feel like an authentic place instead of an empty pipe like in many other games with hospitals. It told all kind of things of the daily lives there when you stopped to look around, from big dining room to Ruka's house. It was easy to be believed in. When I first explored the surgery areas at Haibara hospital, I had my heart up throat for nervousness and all the thick darkness around - and it wasn't the usual "I can't see a thing" but thanks to good graphics and lightning effect it was more of a realistic atmosphere. I was always rather nervous of what the flashlight might show, or what was left in the surrounding darkness. And moments like that left a great impact on exploring the place. Not to mention because the whole island also just felt very realistic place, something you could actually walk into around here as well and thus gave it more creepy color. I also think, maybe thanks to graphics, that the Rougetsu hall itself was very pretty building, and the colors felt more varying than in previous games where brown and grey had always been rather dominating.

In all and all, I have always been fond of mental institutions as setting, and FF4 delivered a great take on it<3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users