Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Day 13 - Favourite Area or Room

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Day 13

What is your favourite area or room in the series? The one you can't wait to go back to again and again?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Watashi and Kageri's room. I love the tone it gave and the BGM was so fitting. I also loved how well designed it was.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

From Fatal Frame, the Grand Hall was cool because of the camera angles and the multiple doors that slid open - scary atmosphere. Also, the Cherry Atrium because it was a nice change of pace to not be in the mansion all the time. From Fatal Frame 2, the Great Hall because it had the best and scariest cutscene in the game. Fatal Frame 3, Rei's House because it was extremely different for the previous games and it was a nice way of shaking things up a bit. From Fatal Frame 4, Ayako's room because it was so unnerving and freaky.

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#4 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

4th Floor Special ward in FFIV

in FFII i love Kureha Shrine!! for me Not scary but beautiful!

also Lady kureha are just Beautiful!! love her....

#5 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

I am going to go with Kageri's and Watashi's room myself. I absolutely loved the creepyness. and that mannequin XD

a80Suw0.png

#6 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

I guess the Cherry Atrium from FF1, because like PhoenixTsukino said before, it was a nice change of pace from the rest of the creepy mansion

#7 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Like many people, I like Watashi & Kageri's Room veryy much :3

But I'm the only one (for the moment) who say the projectors rooms ; so creepy ;D

198003testsakuya.png

#8 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Tsukuyomi Beach. Easily one of the prettiest places in the series. It really sets the mood on the way to the lighthouse, but still manages to be just creepy enough, etc. Just makes me wish we had more outdoor areas to explore.

AAHOrHo.gif

#9 OFFLINE   Edea Lee

Edea Lee

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 16 posts
  • LocationI never know where I am.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

I'm probably one of the few people who liked Kageri's and Watashi's room. I thought the Antechamber in FF4 was nice too...up until you look up and see the giant mask on the ceiling.

#10 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Out in the backyard, it was peaceful. Even the cemetery felt less creepy than the hospital at night, where the patients wandered, muttered, screamed suddenly in their beds. The secretive whisper of bamboo leaves was comforting, by contrast.

Tsubaki came out here for the stillness. The island was good for that. On a calm night, the sound of the sea came from everywhere.

She didn't gaze up at the moon any more, even when it was beautiful, because that was what they did. She wrote in her diary, or practised her dancing, until it was time to go back again.

----

So much of FF4 happens indoors that it's refreshing to be able to get outside in Chapter 7. I wish there'd been more outdoor areas to explore, but I loved the ones we got - the hospital backyard, and Tsukuyomi Beach later on.

#11 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

I can't chose one from the whole franchise, so I'm going again: one per game. (I ignore the headline completely...I feel so bad)

Project Zero ~ Yae's Room (or is it Koto Room?). The room is pretty and I love the scene where Miku plays the Koto. Moreover it's quite creepy when you first realise,                             that this is the room where you saw that shadowy figure playing the Koto.

Project Zero II ~ Easily the Altar Room in the Kurosawa House. Look at the Lanterns :3 

Project Zero III ~ The Doll Altars. I love how they included the Handmaiden's Song playing in the background. The rooms are so creepy with all their impaled dolls! 

Project Zero IV ~ The Antechamber. God...The Mask o.O Besides, well...the Mask...the room is really pretty with all it's reflecting lights and candles. So...why add the Kanade?!  :angry: 

#12 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

God, almost everywhere in 4.  The Antechamber mostly but I love the Kagura Stage where you fight Tsubaki.

#13 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

image.jpg

It says: "Miku's room - FFIII, The Great Hall - FFII and Kageri's (and watashi's) room - FFIV)"

also there are so many gorgeous places where I like to hang out :>

#14 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

- I like that gate where Yae cries at FF2 start. I liked it somehow so much that I painted it in school.

- I love all those dollrooms at these games. Even they are creepy, but still.

- Forest area at FF5.

- Beach at FF5 and 4

- Same time I hate and like the room at FF4 where the whole floor is painted.

#15 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

When speaking of a room I want to visit again, then it'd be Kageri's room from FF4, surprise~ It was one of the rooms to creep me out the most, but at the same time I loved visiting it. The room stood out from others in the hospital, and all the details were enchanting; the lightning, the flowers, the coffins(!). When I stepped into the back room and faced all these coffins before me, my impression was "ookaay, and here is where we stepped into Dracula instead" and "I wonder if there's something inside them". The one big coffin in the middle of the room had already awakened quite many questions. And then came Watashi, and I loved her, truly got to took in all the details in her without Kageri bothering. It was a both horrifying and fascinating experience overall.

I have troubles picking up favourite rooms from other games. Perhaps Rei's house in FF3, simply because it's always thrilling to wait what kind of ghosts are sneaking around next. Oh, and the Decayed tree in DCB is also beautiful, for being final resting place for Remainings, and how it has all these pinwheels and candles. Really bittersweet atmosphere.

Edited by FeraN, 01 September 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

The Blinding room in 1 has a very nice polished finish to it that gives the room a very gorgeous look to it (Miku herself even comments on it if you observe the right spot).  Also the Cherry Blossom tree in the garden is a very pretty thing to look at.  Kirie's room is also a favorite of mine because of how well it gets the isolation she had to go through down.

The entirety of the outdoor locations in 2 and Deep Crimson Butterfly as well as the lantern room in Fatal Frame II (and especially in Deep Crimson Butterfly) and the Kureha Shrine in Deep Crimson Butterfly as well as the altar room before the Kusabi fight.  Whisper Bridge and its pond are also great (even with the low resolution water in the remake) and when you come up from underground in the Kurosawa house right before you enter the cutting ritual room is very great.

All of Rei's house and all of the outdoor locations in 3 with the snow falling is beautiful and it makes me hope we someday get a game with a snowy setting where you can explore a lot of it outdoors. The final battle arena where you fight Reika and the crawling spaces with Miku, as well as the redone Himuro and Minakami sections are great.

Despite 4's main locations being my least favorite in the series it has some of the best side locations in the franchise in my opinion.  Ruka's house in 4 is amazing.  I love how it looks and it really is a pretty place to have lived (I just wish they'd let you explore the garden and the rooms that are blocked off by partition screens).  The Tsukuyomi Beach is both eerie and pretty and the lighthouse is also fantastic with its BGM.  The garden with the cemetery is a good break from all the hospital and sanitarium the rest of the game up to that point was as well.  Special shout out to Ayako's room as well as Kageri's room for being incredibly unnerving, and Sakuya's room for being both beautiful but cold and empty as well.  The pool is also very pretty as well and the reflection of the floor in the Mask room is gorgeous.

Spirit Camera's entire manor is fantastic and the music that plays in the game really makes it even better.  I just wish you could freely explore it.

Edited by Mickie&Minnie98, 10 September 2015 - 08:46 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users