Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Day 12 - Worst Camera Function (or Lens)

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Day 12

What is the worst camera function or lens in the series? The one so pointless even if you have maxed out points you groan at getting! Why?

(Draw it in action! Write about it! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of it in action! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I cant remember what it's called but it's something that highlights a ghost to see them better. I found it useless because it made no difference for me. :/

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

See from FF1. It never worked.

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#4 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Undamaged photos

useless.......

#5 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

would have to be the "See" Function. To me all it does is make them a different color. none of the ghosts are really invisible unless you count the mist guy from FF1 but he shows up when you're in camera mode.

a80Suw0.png

#6 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

I agree with Phoenix.  Either See from Fatal Frame 1 or the non damaging photograph lens for Choushiro in 4.  That lens annoys me since you can't take pictures of some of the spirits/the Hozuki Dolls without that lens equipped yet the girls don't need such a lens to do that.

#7 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

Similar to my answer for best camera function, I don't think I have a worst camera function or lens. At least not one that I consciously thought "oh this sucks"

#8 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Like sora2522, I don't remember any "worst funtion/lens" ...

198003testsakuya.png

#9 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

See. There is literally no point to this lens except investigating Woman in Dark's follicular state. In terms of functions... Alarm, I guess. An indicator is enough for me. I can do without the (literal) bells and whistles.

AAHOrHo.gif

#10 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Not everybody would want to do battle hard and fast, dealing crushing blows to ghosts at the moment of attack. Others would prefer to stay back and lessen the risk to themselves. Dr. Asou had read about the properties of certain old talismans, supposedly used to bind the ghosts or hinder their movements when they manifested in the living world. With special oils and paints, he discovered he could harness that power in a lens, so that the Camera Obscura could slow a spirit down or stop them entirely.

He made one for every camera. Surely someone would use it.

----

The Slow and Stop lenses. I never ever use them. They just sit there taking up space in my inventory that could be given to Crush II and Crush: Extra Damage.

#11 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

The Slow lenses.

I don't know but... I never used them. They are so useless. It slows the ghost down but that is completely not necessary as they attack either way. Moreover the purple colour they get when photographed with the lens is ugly -_-   

#12 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

Most the lenses/functions outside the core handy ones we could do without, tbh, but if I had to choose... See and Slow.  The ghosts are rarely ever too transparent or fast to require both, so it just seems a bit daft having them.  

#13 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

Slow, Stop and See.. I don't use any of them ´:D 

#14 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

Slow and See. I laught when I was using See at the first time. Pink ghost.. Slow just don't work for me.

#15 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

For functions, I guess it's Chime from FF4. Not actually useless as idea, but after I figured out the doll-per-room pattern I managed to find the dolls even without extra help. Also, I'm not sure if the function even worked for me, as I don't remember hearing any alarms when nearing a doll :/

For lenses, either Blow, because at the moment I need any spirit point I can get in FF3, thank you, while Develop in FF4 is kinda useless as idea, they could have made the flashfight automatically take normal photos outside battle like the cameras do. I often forgot to change lenses when/after taking pictures so it caused bit trouble too.

#16 OFFLINE   Chrysalis

Chrysalis

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThrough the Looking Glass

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

See. 100%. Though to be honest in all the games past the first I only ever use the brunt-damage lenses like blast/crush. In the first game I only used Paralyze.

See. There is literally no point to this lens except investigating Woman in Dark's follicular state. In terms of functions... Alarm, I guess. An indicator is enough for me. I can do without the (literal) bells and whistles.

What's funny about this is I never noticed it, but that's how my brother knew when to take Fatal Frame shots. He's color blind and the noise was the only way he could tell. He didn't know there was a visual change until I told him about it.

Edited by Clarelis, 31 August 2015 - 07:04 PM.

Such order in the midst of chaos makes me woozy and disoriented.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users