Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C

Photo
- - - - -

Day 8 - Least Favourite Boss

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Day 8

Who is your least fav boss in the series? Why?

(Draw him/her! Write about him/her! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of him/her! Etc!)

• WileySow likes this

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Sae, shes too easy. They tried to make her harder in the Wii Port but they made her look silly moving her arms all over the place that it's not even funny.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

I'd have to say Sakuya. 1st she was super easy. I rarely got hit by her and would take her out in about 2 Fatal Frame chain shots. Then there's the piano - that goddamn piano. I hated having to play the piano to finish her. I think it was ridiculous that when you failed she'd appear right at that little shrine and immediately attack you giving no time and very little room to avoid getting hit.

350px-Sakuyabio.png

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#4 OFFLINE   AmethystRain

AmethystRain

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

I'd have to say Sae,the DCB version to be exact.She wasnt difficult,she was just cheap.I dont mind one hit kills as I was able to handle Kirie,Kusabi, and Reika pretty well but the way she teleports just makes it frustrating.

#5 OFFLINE   Meadz

Meadz

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Ignoring the Spirit Camera I have to agree with Sae.  I hate easy fights and she went down too easy.  I'd say I hope she's improved on the Wii but I guess above answer says she isn't.  Darn.

#6 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

mine would have to be Sae's the Wii version. To me it was extremely frustrating because she kept killing me so I had to just turn around and take cheap non fatal shots on her. I hate how they had her pop up right in front of you and the camera angle didn't help that fight at all.

a80Suw0.png

#7 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Probably Sakuya. She had a cool design and story, but her fight... after all that amazing build up, the game had a chance to create this perfect ending. She ruined it, with her flimsy hp and dull moves.

And then the pipe organ. arrrrgrghg

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#8 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sakuya because she was way too easy.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#9 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Sakuya Haibara from Fatal Frame 4.  After all of the build up and hints throughout the game that she's the most powerful and dangerous thing in the universe and she could destroy you simply by looking at you her fight was a complete joke.  For one thing she rarely attacks you.  In both her fight with Misaki, her final boss form, and the times that she's chasing after you she will take forever to attack you.  She just floats and dances around you.  I literally just stood there when you first encounter her in chapter 4 and it took her 5 whole minutes to even try to attack me and she freaking missed!  Also she's not a One hit kill in any of her encounters and she has pitiful health.  She basically has to be provoked into attacking you and can be defeated on Nightmare Mode without any hassle with a non upgraded camera and Type 7 film.  Even her special desperation attack in her final form isn't a one hit kill and has to be allowed to happen by not wearing the Mask of the Lunar Eclipse when the button prompts you to.  It's not even a flashy attack or anything.  That's not okay. 

Ironically I find her the hardest when you fight her as Choushiro as she becomes a freak ton more aggressive and attacks you much more often, and she doesn't get pushed back with Choushiro's flashlight like she does with Ruka and Misaki's cameras.  I actually get hurt a lot when fighting her here and that's just sad as she's supposedly weaker in her shadow form...

#10 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Kusabi. The final battle with him just seemed REALLY easy, especially for a final battle. I was so confused when I kept going after I killed him and the game ended. It was only until later that I remembered Sae was a hard-level final boss...

#11 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Before fighting Sae, I would have said Sakuya, for the simple reason I defeated her with ONLY  6 TYPE-07 FILMS !

But after fighting Sae, she's the worst : I litteraly cried when I was against her T-T : she's at 20 meters in front of you and appears behind you 1/2 second later and KILLS YOU xOx

I've never defeated her... Goodbye Hellish Abyss & Frozen Butterfly Endings

198003testsakuya.png

#12 OFFLINE   Zuhna

Zuhna

Beardghost

• Spirited Aways
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIsland full of bananas

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

I have to put Sakuya here. She was dead before she even got to attack.

zD527Ay.png

#13 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Sakuya. Any boss who has to be specifically provoked into attacking you to see whether she will even bother, because she has never managed to hit you, has been defeated with absolutely no hassle on Nightmare mode with only type 07 film, is absolutely not okay.

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#14 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

The Cutting Ritual supplants most of Makabe's thoughts with base pain, but at the core, he's still himself. The Abyss is worse. In its darkness, he's stripped away, devoured piece by piece, until all that's left is a wretched, howling void without speech, without thought, without anything but the need to inflict suffering. An automaton, less than an animal, it chases human meat through hallways it doesn't recognise. It kills and passes on.

There is no trace inside it of the man who once imagined himself giving his life in pursuit of forbidden knowledge. Perhaps that is for the best.

----

I went for the Kusabi, because as a boss he's even easier than Sakuya. I admit he's scary, especially the first time, but his attack patterns are fairly predictable after that. Also, compared to other bosses, he's so mindless: doesn't say anything, just kills.

#15 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Based on the games I've played:

For boss battle: Kirie

She is way too easy! I was so disappointed, she wasn't anywhere near me, just floated somewhere and did nothing. Poor Kirie.

For appearence/story/...: Kusabi 

Like midwinter said, he doesn't speak, has no motives, just kills... like a machine. He is scary (especially in the Great-Hall cutscene), but meh...Why didn't they gave him any personality?

#16 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

The Kusabi, for the same reasons midwinter mentioned.  I've never found him truly difficult or intimidating, probably because of how little humanity there's left in him after the Abyss.  Earthquakes are also never fun.

#17 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

I have hear rumors of Sakuya's awesome piano skillz..

asd.jpg

I haven't tried it myself, but I saw someone's walktrought and piano part seems annoying  :>

#18 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:59 AM

I have to say here again Sae. I have kind a love hate reationship to her.

sae_zpspvhe3tn0.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:34 PM

(I skipped the best boss for now until I get to refresh memories with other FF games too) Now I'm not sure if I am yet actually capable of answering to this either, as I don't remember Reika from FF3 or haven't fought against Sae in DCB's Hard mode either. On Normal she was too easy to leave any remarkable memories, yet many seem to dread her so I have to face her again to get better opinion. So with the endgame bosses I have to go with Sakuya, who'd probably win this either way.

Sakuya herself was easy, too easy for an endgame boss with such build up. Aside from the gorgeous music and setting it felt too cheap and short if you got it right. Climbing the stairs up and down to save between other fights was irritating as well, but the worst part of the Sakuya fight was indeed: the pipe organ piano. People have said it was hard with actual Wii controller already, but try getting it right with an emulator using too sensitive Xbox 360's controller stick. Oh, how I cursed, I had to try at least 7 times (fights with Sakuya included) before I finally managed to move the stick around right. It either went just the tiniest inch over the correct keynote, or moved either too fast or too slow, and I only got it after practising and practising without actually pressing anything. I wished from the bottom of my heart I'd have had a Wii mote because it couldn't have been any worse to use.

From other bosses, the doll maker aka papa Kiryu from DBC is also annoying as I was reminded today; the dolls he sends are too fast and come too frequently for you to get a good hit on the boss before you're attacked already and he manages to move away. I don't know if there is some secret pattern or strategy to defeat him that I am not aware of, but he certainly manages to annoy me every time with his dragged fight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users