Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Day 7 - Favourite Boss

Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Day 7

Who is your fav boss character in the series? Why?

(Draw him/her! Write about him/her! Simply tell us! Post a graphic of him/her! Etc!)

#2 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I would say Sakuya. Shes the prettiest boss who has amazing music for her final battle that switches to another BGM when you get her HP to a certain amount. I also like her battle stage. Kusabi comes in second, I've never felt so uneasy fighting him. An honorable mention would be WiB. I dont know why I like her as a boss.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#3 OFFLINE   PhoenixTsukino

PhoenixTsukino

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

I'd have to go with Reika because her story was so tragic and especially after that cutscene. It was horribly sad then absolutely terrifying. She was the hardest boss of any Fatal Frame I've played. No matter how many times I fight her she always kills me 2 - 3 - 4 times before I defeat her.

Reika_Kuze.png

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixTsukino (I make Let's Plays)

#4 OFFLINE   Meadz

Meadz

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I have to agree with Phoenix up there with Reika as my favorite.  I've had a lot of fun times cursing my controller and running from Reika so she was a good challenge.  Plus the whole weird running.  As for story hers is extremely tragic and it breaks my heart every time seeing it.  That poor woman was so screwed over by life.

#5 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Sakuya ... Because she`s Beautiful Lady :)

my favorite is Reika and Sakuya

Reika because it`s very hard to fight her

Sakuya are great because of atmosphere

i feel like i am in Superstar concert haha

not scary at all
Reika are Creepy but pretty at the same moment!! Sakuya are a piece of Beauty!

#6 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I am going to go with Reika too. She killed me more than any other boss. She had a good challenge atmosphere about her. I loved her back story too.She is closely followed by Sae (original ps2 one)

a80Suw0.png

#7 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

For me it would be a tie between Sae (because of how insane she is and because of what she and Mayu are saying in the background) and Reika because of how sad everything she says in the background is.

#8 OFFLINE   sora2522

sora2522

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

...Exactly WHAT constitutes "favourite" boss in this case? >___>

I guess I'll just put down Reika, since she did give me quite a challenge. I kinda hate her for it, but it's not much fun if everything's super easy, non?

#9 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

I don't really know... I want to Sakuya, because she's scary, xharismatic and pretty, but I think I'll say Sakuya in the topic 'Least Favorite Boss'.

So, I say the other dancer : Tsubaki Tono. She's as pretty as Sakuya, and with Kanades, it's veryyyy difficult to fight them... but I loved fight them :3

198003testsakuya.png

#10 OFFLINE   Zuhna

Zuhna

Beardghost

• Spirited Aways
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIsland full of bananas

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Kirie it has to be. Only one of the boss characters that really felt dangerous. Also the fight area was smaller than the others so it gave more sense of danger.

zD527Ay.png

#11 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Original Kusabi. Look at that little face.

AAHOrHo.gif

#12 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

She’s born into darkness and the smell of death, born laughing, born incomplete. She waits for Maya, but soon waiting isn’t enough. She starts to hunt.

First she takes girls, then women, then men and boys, anyone who might know the one she’s searching for, anyone who comes near her diary. The children think it’s a game. The rest think it’s a dream. When they realise it’s neither, she gives them to the darkness to devour.

Not everyone leaves: the old woman is always there, bound in vines and muttering to herself, but she’s not Maya. The hunt goes on.

----

Hey, an answer that isn't a repost! Woman in Black takes the gold as my new favourite boss. The final battle was really dynamic and fun, and I enjoy her as a character, too. She's very cunning, and it's cool that she takes a personal interest in all her victims before she kills them. It makes her seem villainous instead of just wronged and pitiful, and I love me some villains.

#13 OFFLINE   Nephthys13

Nephthys13

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

For the boss battle: Reika.

She was the only one who could give me a proper challenge (Windmill-Sae doesn't count) and she looks terrifying. Her story was sad and that cutscene before the fight...Phew!!

For the appearence/story/...: Kirie

She is so classic. Long black hair, white kimono, cold aura... When you discover her tragic past, you feel so sorry for her. But then she appears and you just think: "Ohh god let me out of here...Run Miku, run!!!" But her boss battle was way too easy.

And of course she swallows Mafuyu.

#14 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Reika.  It's such a dynamic battle with some genuine challenge that I simultaneously dread and look forward to it each time I play.

#15 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 292 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

Sea, what a lovely woman she is with her teleport skillz... :D

sae_by_meitalink-d5asucd.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   Chuiga

Chuiga

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 59 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Sae. Her "red phase" just burns to my mind and likes to hang there.

sae_zpspvhe3tn0.jpg

#17 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

Now that I have refreshed my memories with FF3 as well I can answer this, and in the end I think I'll go with Reika. The main reason why she wins over Sae is because after you die she catches you in that lovely embrace that manages to calm down my frustration even little bit. It's just so bittersweet. Reika also gets bonus points for not being immune to stone mirrors. Otherwise they are on the same level as final bosses that I don't love but that manage to be challenging and enjoyable enough. I love the things they are saying in the background, and with Reika the battle also has quite sad tune. Despite dying rather few times they were not impossible challenges even on Hard mode, and completed the circle of the stories as satisfying final bosses. Both fights also annoyed me with their unfair systems, the way Sae can teleport right before you based on luck and how during miasma chase Reika often lags with appearing and I have no idea where she will come from, hence then running straight into her.

As for outside final bosses, I really enjoyed Yoshino fight simply due to the creepy setting and the way she is harmless before, and then just rises up and comes after you. As younger she terrified me, now I feel so sorry for her and the fight against her and the shadows is always rather enjoyable. I always love bosses that have story around them presented before the battle. Another one that I also love and one I always look really forward to is Madoka fight in FF4. She is one of my favourite ghosts in the game and to have a character you played as before to be a boss battle strikes home. I really wish she would have been encountered few more times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame 30 Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users