Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo
- - - - -

Most depressing moments?

Fatal Frame II Project Zero II Opinion

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   BatCountry

BatCountry

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • Locationperforming the Kiraigou

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

The moment you find the bloody ring and realise that Masumi was going to marry Miyako, but never got the chance to ask her >.<

Oh, yeah, I had totally forgotten that! Tecmo always knows put emotional moments where it's necessary ;-;

198003testsakuya.png

#22 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 270 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

When I played it for the first time I was young and naive and though I could save Mayu and Itsuki and we all could live happily ever after. How wrong I was..

But then I find out that Itsuki was already dead and he hang himself and after that I did find out that Chitose is Itsuki's little sister and what happened to her. 

And then Mio killed Mayu and when Tsukiko Amano's Chou started to play I cried so much ´:< 

And I found out that Masumi was going to marry Miyako... that game is a master piece, I have to add. 

• AnimalLover47999 likes this

#23 OFFLINE   Sparrow

Sparrow

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

So many depressing and moving moments, and perhaps that's why it's one of my favorite games. D:

The ones that stand out most for me, though, is of course the Crimson Butterfly ending (I mean, c'mon. We went through all that work. And the feels!), any scene with Itsuki because his role in the story is absolutely heart-wrenching, and fighting Chitose was just... Hard. I felt so bad with every snap of the camera.

Also, when you're reading the journal entry from Azami in the Kiryu house, begging you to kill the doll. GAH. So many feels.

#24 OFFLINE   Zerg

Zerg

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 61 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

sad moments... specially when chitose got locked in the closet and nowshe cant come out and died :(

#25 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hmmm, I think every event near the end of the game evolves some kind of guilt trip... I think Itsuki hanging himself is the most depressing though: the ending for me combines sadness with hope.

#26 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

Promise Ending. It made me want to throw up and depressed.

in my opinion it's the best ending ever^^ Love it!!

#27 OFFLINE   suprimeking

suprimeking

Suprime Hipster

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

i found the frozen butterfly ending depressing due to the fact you go though hell then mayu kills you herself 

you brought this upon yourself mortal now you learn the way of darkness 

#28 OFFLINE   Eiko82

Eiko82

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

I never cared so much for minor characters as much as I did for Masumi and Miyako. Their story was so heartbreaking. The fact that they *did* find each other in the haunted village, that Masumi was gonna propose to her and that he actually found the way out but got killed before getting back to Miyako ...... it just breaks my heart every time.

The Crimson Butterfly ending is by far my favourite ending of any FF games. After all the trouble Mio went through to save Mayu, she was eventually left empty-handed. It was such a punch in the gut.

kuontag.png

#29 OFFLINE   Sackboy123

Sackboy123

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAll God's Village

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

The ending every time it always gets to me :(

"If you Follow the Dead You can't come back, It might be easier to go to the other side but don't give up, you can't give up, His already dead"

#30 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

Order does not matter.

1. Mayu getting thrown into the Abyss like a piece of trash. 

2. Sae not getting punished for forever. (okay, this might be the number 1)

3. Itsuki's fate.

4. The ending song.

5. Mayu falling down into the ravin as a kid.

6. Watching Mayu "running" after the player with her bad leg, while saying "don't leave me behind!" 

#31 OFFLINE   Nehelenia

Nehelenia

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

There are so many good ones already listed, but Masumi/Miyako is definitely a very sad point.  The whole bloody ring sidequest, it's hard.  Especially when you get the extended scene of her death and Masumi's ghost says " Stay away!"

But the hardest part of their story for me is still her final notebook.  Those blank pages and then just "he came."  It's so sad and yet gives me chills every time I read it.

Chitose just hurts.  As someone with very bad vision issues, I kind of latched onto her.  And her cries during battle make me so sad.  Her just wanting Itsuki is so sad, and it's the one thing I hate about Itsuki, though more in Deep Crimson because he doesn't even mention her before his suicide in the remake.  

#32 OFFLINE   FeraN

FeraN

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

The game is made of depressing moments, but when thinking through them one rises slightly above others and that Is Chitose. She was left alone and when the Repentance happened, she became trapped in the closet and had to die there, crying and scared in darkness. Her desperate messages leave impression that she was trapped quite a while in there if she had time to make them, and thinking about her suffering and terror, it is very easy get touched by her fate. I know the game notes say she was taken by the Darkness, but I can't shrug off the terrible idea that she could have starved or suffocated there, after days of capture. Either way, the idea of spending your last moments alone trapped in tiny space, no way out and crying and panicking, that is easily one of the most depressing things in the series.

Other thing that always makes me feel bad is Sae's last moments, the way they took her to below and had her hung there. The way she had to go through it alone, every second expecting Yae to appear and stop it, and Yae never did. Instead Sae had to die alone in a horrible way considering the short rope so her neck wouldn't have been broken, and never to became one with her sister who she was expecting 'til the last seconds. Quite depressing when you start thinking about it. (Well one could say she didn't have to go through it had she not fallen on purpose, but...)

And yes, Masumi dying in the closet with the ring he never got to give to Miyako, is really depressing too. Damn, how they even came up with all these things??

#33 OFFLINE   Sweetいも

Sweetいも

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:36 AM

Masumi/Miyako. I wasn't prepared. I mean, the fact that he watched her die by his hand and a part of him just wanted to save her but wasn't able to. Right in the feels.

Frozen Butterfly ending was saddest to me because they were both hurting so much. Yes, Mayu when bananas but she was crying, she just wanted to be with her sister. She knew she was a burden and she already saw the ritual as a way to stay with her and Mio just refuses. And then Mio's tear at the end? I felt awful. They were both suffering and were just...trapped their.

But the saddest to me were the Kiryu Twins. they make me sad everytime. They were so little! And they loved each other so much. And the diaries where Akane couldn't even let go of the doll, even when it was evil? It was heart breaking. She just wanted her sister back, she didn't want to have to hurt her again. And Azami came back from the abyss just to save her family? She had to hurt her sister by killing her doll, the only link she had left of her. It was heart breaking. That entire family was just...forgotten. They served their purpose and it seemed like the family was suffering alone. They just closed up their house like no one even cared that two little girls and their father were gone. No memorial or anything. Just  a locked up house. Their father was a doll maker, he probably made so many little girls happy but no one even came for him when he needed them, they probably even thought he was losing his mind and ignored him. Just locked up the house and tried to forget. It didn't even say anything about them adding an age restriction or anything like that. Their suffering didn't chang anything.

#34 OFFLINE   Valtiel

Valtiel

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

It was definitely the crimson butterfly ending for me. I loved the game overall but I despise that ending. It made the entire game feel like a waste and was basically a big "eff you" to the player. I actually warmed to it eventually once I saw the alternate endings, but once 3 made that ending canon I went back to hating it. Terrible ending to an amazing game.

#35 OFFLINE   Daz Hinasaki

Daz Hinasaki

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 66 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:36 PM

I gotta go with Chitose Tachibana. I feel so sorry for her and made it worse when I had to fight her. That poor little girl :(
  • AnimalLover47999 likes this
It's raining again...

#36 OFFLINE   Daniele199

Daniele199

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMinakami village

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:42 PM

I felt sorry for Chitose. I didn't want to defeat her, because she isn't cruel and she was just crying...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Project Zero II, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users