Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM) Do you ever start typing and find yourself wondering, "when did this become a novel?"
AnimalLover4... : (21 November 2017 - 10:22 PM) Eiji Otsuka.
Hex : (21 November 2017 - 11:46 PM) Where?   :icon_lordhimuro:
AnimalLover4... : (22 November 2017 - 06:19 AM) LOL

Photo

Reputation/'Like' feature

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

The forum has a feature that allows users to recognise others' contributions, give them a pat on the back for their hard work, etc. This is the reputation feature. Each time you 'like' a user's post, their reputation will increase by one point. The 'like this' button can be found in the bottom right of every post, above their signature:

35hl2j4.png

Clicking the button will add a point to the user's reputation and cause the button to vanish and be replaced with a note confirming the action, along with an 'unlike' button in case you clicked it by accident or changed your mind (unliked or deleted posts will cause associated reputation to be deducted):

j8dutd.png

It will also send a notification to the poster:

n2on0w.png

The names of all people who have liked a post will be displayed below the like button:

2me23uo.png

Users are not able to 'like' their own posts.

Important note: While similar to other systems with 'like' buttons, such as Facebook, it does not work in the same way. The reputation system is useful for showing your appreciation for someone's input, assistance, interesting discoveries or work. It is not, however, to be used simply because someone is your friend, to thank someone for complimenting you, to simply show that you agree with their opinion or to deliberately increase someone's reputation. Questionably-gained reputation may be removed. Continued misuse of the reputation system may lead to its restriction or removal, so please use it wisely on actual contributions to the forums.

Reputation Ranks

You can view reputation rank in your profile.

• Undeveloped Film : 0 Points Reputation
  • Type - 07 Film : 7 Points Reputation
  • Type - 07 Film + : 10 Points Reputation
  • Type - 14 Film : 14 Points Reputation
  • Type - 14 Film + : 23 Points Reputation
  • Type - 37 Film : 37 Points Reputation
  • Type - 61 Film : 49 Points Reputation
  • Type - 61 Film + : 61 Points Reputation
  • Type - 74 Film : 74 Points Reputation
  • Type - 90 Film : 90 Points Reputation
  • Type - 90 Film GOLD : 95 Points Reputation
  • Type - 零 Film : 100 Points Reputation

• hermit-dragon likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#2 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

This is very nice!

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#3 OFFLINE   HikoMasiko

HikoMasiko

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

pretty cool

#4 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 508 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

There are also reputation 'ranks' too. ATM, they are set to the defaults, people have asked me to make more unique ones, so that is on my to do list. I have disabled negative reputation. Only admins can take away points and will do so only when we suspect suspicious behavior. Again, please do not abuse it, or I will have to keep the rep points to admin/staff only.

#5 OFFLINE   Lucky One

Lucky One

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Can I like artworks/poems/covers/manipulations, since there appears to be quite a lot of them featured on this site? They seem to be well done and liking them would probably give those creators that pat on the back they deserve.

Thanks for the sig, Tomo!

#6 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yep, that's fine! Posting fanworks and such is definitely the kind of thing that deserves a boost in ranking.

#7 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Using my admin privileges to double-post, but I just want to remind members of this bit:

Important note: While similar to other systems with 'like' buttons, such as Facebook, it does not work in the same way. The reputation system is useful for showing your appreciation for someone's input, assistance, interesting discoveries or work. It is not, however, to be used simply because someone is your friend, to thank someone for complimenting you, to simply show that you agree with their opinion or to deliberately increase someone's reputation. Questionably-gained reputation may be removed. Continued misuse of the reputation system may lead to its restriction or removal, so please use it wisely on actual contributions to the forums.

I know not everyone's going to agree on what counts as a substantive contribution, but please don't use this as a quick way to show you agree or approve, or to thank someone for responding to a topic you started. The more people do this, the more meaningless reputation becomes, so try to save it for posts you think are especially useful, interesting or memorable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users