Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:25 PM) And... i went on that diatribe because I was reading earlier posts... oops. :> Going to stop spamming chat up now.
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM) I heard the rumour about Suda51 too
midwinter : (07 October 2018 - 03:33 PM) I have my doubts that he'd work on another Fatal Frame game, it sounds like FF4 was chaos and he doesn't really do horror anyway
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:47 PM) *nods* Yeah
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:55 PM) ugh... Okay. Well, I got the keycaptcha in, but it isn't working.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 03:57 PM) AND... I broke it. *headdesk*
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) and I fixed it.
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) yay
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) he had that interview too where he said he didnt like how shibata tries to recreate real ghost experiences, so i doubt he'd return  :icon_fallenwoman:
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 07:01 PM) i'd like him to though, ff4 was >>>
Yashuu : (07 October 2018 - 08:24 PM) a mess but still >>>>
Emi : (07 October 2018 - 09:29 PM) True. There were parts of 4 that I thought were really cool.
Cursed Lemon : (08 October 2018 - 01:29 AM) FF4 was awesome in terms of lore and atmosphere.
ItsukiFace : (08 October 2018 - 07:50 PM) Something ultra wicked, this way comes.
ナガクラ : (09 October 2018 - 06:08 AM) I like the atmosphere of 4
Butterflychaser : (09 October 2018 - 02:16 PM) 4 really was the bees knees. Managed to stray from several elements of the original series whilst retaining the overall feel
Emi : (09 October 2018 - 04:05 PM) agreed. I really loved the playable character twist too.
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:13 PM) 4 has honestly taken the top spot from 2 for me, as my #1 fave
Chou : (09 October 2018 - 04:14 PM) Also i like that the bot account is Baymax hahaha
ItsukiFace : (11 October 2018 - 02:53 AM) Hi, Chou. It's nice to see you here. ☺️

Photo
- - - - -

Mio as a protagonist

Fatal Frame III Project Zero III Mio Amakura Opinion

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

pk, you've been around long enough to know one word posts are spam and when it's appropriate to use the "like" feature.  

#22 OFFLINE   Sackboy123

Sackboy123

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAll God's Village

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

I think it would have been better if Kei replaced Mio probably because Mio is my favourite character and I would love to know what FF3 will be like if Mio was playable Instead

"If you Follow the Dead You can't come back, It might be easier to go to the other side but don't give up, you can't give up, His already dead"

#23 Guest_Haise_*

Guest_Haise_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

I would have liked Mio more as a protagonist, but obviously she was still very disturbed/emotionally damaged to possibly be a good main character.

I wished the game would have some interaction between the twins, but oh well...

Or at least Kei "meeting" with Mayu and Mio so he would understand what happened.

#24 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

I could have sworn I replied to this ages ago. Anyway...

I think it was the right decision to have a new character. Like the others said, having Mio and Miku back at the same time would have felt too much like a Fatal Frame reunion, and Mio's too traumatised to make a good protagonist. Besides which, I agree with Shibata that the story of FF2 would have taken over. Even the way things are, we spend Chapter VII learning all about twins and the Lost Village again, instead of discovering anything new about the Manor of Sleep. Any more of that would just have been a distraction and retreading old ground. Miku's chapters were different enough from what we did in FF1 that they didn't feel boring, but Mio's motivation wouldn't vary enough from FF2; we'd just be spending another few chapters chasing after Mayu and promising to stay together forever.

Kei was a better vehicle for the Akito/Kyouka subplot; I don't know how they would have worked that in otherwise. With FF3's focus on delving into complicated folklore, Mio would probably have been a weaker character than Kei and Miku, who both have research backgrounds, and I can't really see Mio wanting to read up on more gruesome rituals so soon after her experience anyway. I can't see her being in a state to give Rei emotional support in those last chapters, either, and without that I think Rei would have just given up the next time she went to sleep.

As a friend of both Yuu and Mafuyu, as well as Mio and Mayu's uncle, Kei is also the only character who bridges all three games and knits the characters together, which I think is a really useful thing to have. Without that, it might have felt too much like they were just throwing FF2 in for the hell of it. He might not be as good with a camera as Mio might have been, but I think as a character he managed to fill multiple roles in a way that Mio couldn't have done.

Wow, this got longer than I expected. I kept thinking of new reasons as I was writing.

Ok, I stand here alone in saying I hated having to play as Kei and would have much preferred if Mio had been in his place instead xD

I thought she would have been awesome. I imagined by her trauma she wouldn't be using the camera as much, wanting only to escape. To play with a traumatized character sounds more unique and interesting. I'd imagine there would even be fighting her fears and delusions besides the ghosts! 

Yeah I got nothing against Kei but I feel I would have loved to have Mio <3

FFIII: The Traumatized

Play an emotionally ill protagonist and experience her traumas in this horror sequel.

XD

Yeah that would be the case, so I guess that it's not going to work out. Perhaps unless she encounters something else, she would overcome her traumatized state and start feeling better again, then have no problems using the camera. I dunno.

I agree that Kei is a good choice. And Fatal Frame III concept works well with that.

But it would be great if there would be cutscenes about Mio freaking out and Kei is trying to contact/talk to her. And extra chapter about Mio and Kei would be good to those who haven't played the first two games (like some hospital cutscene or something what actually connects them, not just like it's written somewhere that he is his uncle and stuff). And Mio going mad like Mayu in FFII would be good kind of creepy to watch :3

But again, FFIII is about Rei and it's her story - but it wouldn't hurt if there would be more about other characters.. :> 

And if we put Mio as the protagonist again, then we're going to see her POV while her role is that of an emotionally (and mentally) ill person... like... that game Amnesia?? or not lol. And she may show us her thoughts, especially when her uncle Kei is around for her... But given that position, how is she going to be able to use the camera again? I'm not sure that anything would help her like this, even though I could remember that in real life, she was in a coma. How did we come to this? I guess we'd like to find out about that through Kei, but... then... Mysteries...

Hence I agree with them. Kei is a nice addition as a playable character and a protagonist.

• suprimeking likes this

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#25 OFFLINE   Valtiel

Valtiel

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

I liked playing as Kei for the most part. His camera was the weakest but it only made an impact on a few (admittedly annoying) fights.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame III, Project Zero III, Mio Amakura, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users