Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (12 October 2017 - 12:37 PM) Maybe Spirit Camera since I don't replay that very often...
GreekShadow : (12 October 2017 - 02:45 PM) I might replay FF3.Not sure if I should start a brand new playthrough or one with my unlockes though hmmm.I have years to play FF3 ;_;
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) Just think: yukatas.   :icon_ff3miku1:
Hex : (12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM) (Why Rei doesn't have a blue one will forever be a mystery)
asagi : (12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM) I want to replay the games but mom threw the ps3 out of the window :zca rei:
Eisenalex : (12 October 2017 - 11:16 PM) Why would she do that?
Eisenalex : (14 October 2017 - 11:30 AM) I just learned that there's apparently a manga based on Siren made by Junji Ito.
Hex : (15 October 2017 - 01:11 PM) If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's unsurprisingly pretty gross.
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 02:20 PM) It's Junji Ito. Of course it gets either super weird or gross, lol.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 03:15 PM) And me being curious I had to look it up. Yup definitely gross XD
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:17 PM) Did you think it was that bad? I enjoy Ito's stuff a lot.
NightmarePic... : (15 October 2017 - 05:32 PM) Meh.. It wasn't all that bad. Just more unsettling than "gross". Those weird worm girls or whatever are way worse *cringes*
Eisenalex : (15 October 2017 - 05:41 PM) I'm not sure what you mean by "worm girls". He did a couple of slug-transformations, though.
NightmarePic... : (16 October 2017 - 11:02 PM) That was it.. yup lol
Hex : (17 October 2017 - 05:33 PM) My new washing machine makes jingles whenever it's finished like an ice cream van.
NightmarePic... : (17 October 2017 - 06:12 PM) I... don't think that's good Hex.. You might want to check what's in there other than clothes lol
Kouta Koikawa : (17 October 2017 - 06:28 PM) Maybe they come with entertaining sound effects these days.
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:15 PM) A lot of the new ones are supposed to chime to let you know when the cycle is done
midwinter : (17 October 2017 - 07:16 PM) Mine does, at least
Eisenalex : (17 October 2017 - 09:59 PM) The future is now.

Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever counted the butterflies?

Fatal Frame II Deep Crimson Butterfly Project Zero II Crimson Butterfly Opinion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Vampire Slayer in Training

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationSunnydale

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

You know... I kinda wonder how many times the ritual was performed because there are a lot of butterflies fluttering around. I kinda wonder if anyone tried to count them.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

I myself always interpreted the butterflies in the ending as the souls of the villagers that died going to heaven (like what happens in every Fatal Frame ending), but I guess this seems more logical :/. And no, god no I'm not counting them :P. Although you can assume that the ritual has been carried out for hundreds if not thousands of years, judging from the amount of butterflies, and depending on the intervals of rituals.

#3 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

i did not counted them but they are soooo beautiful OMG they made my day 1st time i played Fatal Frame II

#4 OFFLINE   Kaido

Kaido

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

No... But I figured someone on here would have by now. <_<

I'll take a guess and say 42.

Death begets life...

#5 OFFLINE   Itsuki

Itsuki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Perhaps more than 500 years. If there was a ritual every ten years (ignoring the rituals that have failed and so had to do another ritual.), Then that would have more than 50 camersins butterflies. .

Also, I read that it represented the twins of past and of future.

#6 OFFLINE   Fenian

Fenian

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Never considered that, there were indeed a LOT of butterflies, this reminded me of the ending song, it was so fitting for the ending, I saw the music video for it, the singer has like this cool red Miko/Kimono, pretty cool. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Tqh2NNn8ARk

#7 OFFLINE   Chiaki

Chiaki

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 23 posts
  • LocationThe Lost Village

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

The Crimson Sacrifce was performed several times over throughout generations (for as long as the Village was in existence) which is why there was a lot of crimson butterflies (spirits of Shrine Maidens) but the focus is on the Tachibana twins and Kurosawa twins rituals because they were the most recent sacrifices by the time Mio and Mayu were lead past the first twin deities stone. The Village continues to "relive that night of death" speaking about the Forbidden Ritual and the Repentance that followed. (Along with Sae's Massacre of the villagers that resulted from the the engulfing darkness that turned Sae's ghost/spirit crazy.

Also judging by the age of the Village, and the twin deities stones that were layed in such a way that they lead lost people to the Village, it can be assumed from that alone that the curse of the Village was an existing thing long before the Kurosawa twins were born.

#8 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 758 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Also judging by the age of the Village, and the twin deities stones that were layed in such a way that they lead lost people to the Village, it can be assumed from that alone that the curse of the Village was an existing thing long before the Kurosawa twins were born.

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame II, Deep Crimson Butterfly, Project Zero II, Crimson Butterfly, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users