Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Sae Battle

Deep Crimson Butterfly Gameplay Sae Kurosawa

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

I think that in total, so FF2 and DCB combined, I've died like 2 times. Yet on this Sae Battle I've already died 10 times. The Third Person Camera makes this battle soo much harder. They also gave her insta kill, even on easy, and I already lost my Stone Mirror, so this is terrible. When you try to run away from her, she sometimes just spawns a few inches right in front of you, there's not nothing you can do. That she has a Dark Return doesn't make it any better....

#2 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

It's been a long time since I've fought her, but:

Stone Mirrors have no effect on her (much like original Kusabi); whether you have one or not she's an instant game over. I really am not all that happy with this decision. Really. Seriously. Unhappy.

There's one thing you can try, though (I was doing this on Easy, so I'm not sure if it works on all difficulties), if you haven't already: when she stands around laughing in her red mist, every third (?) laugh in the pattern should allow you to charge a shot and hit her. The mist will cause the screen to go insane, and you won't be able to see a thing, but she doesn't move and you can still shoot. If you equip Type-90 or Zero and the Butterfly lens so that you can double charge you can take her down really quickly and easily. It's so quick on Easy that she'll almost certainly Dark Return, so either be careful of that or use it to your advantage if you actually want her to do that. I think there is a chance that she will do her "windmill" stumbling attack or similar and kill you if you do this, but it worked for me. I actually found it easier to do than her standard PS2 pattern, because that's much more difficult now with an insta-kill in the picture. This technique won't even let her get near you if everything goes right. Might take a couple of tries if she decides to break the pattern, but with some luck it's probably the easiest method.

If she starts walking towards you ready to strangle during her standard laugh-laugh-laugh pattern, do not try to photograph her. She's too fast and you won't be able to stun her with a Max Shot, and you WILL die. Just run. Run run run and don't look back until she's finished her lunge. You might be able to blast her back with a lens like Pressure (do we still have that?), but you should probably try to avoid this situation altogether and save your spirit power for other more important lenses. The screen should have a strange effect on it when she's nearby so you should be able to keep track of her. If you have the lens that allows you to exceed the 3x limit on FF combos (I can't remember its English name) you can finish her off in a single FF combo if you can survive a round of her laugh/grab pattern.

The best thing to do, really, is play it over and over until you get used to her patterns and basically just pray. The viewpoint makes this fight enough of a nightmare without the insta-kill attacks, and the fight in general is kind of unfair, but you will get there in the end. Eventually. Maybe. Maybe someone else has figured out how to fight her without dying inside.

• Hex likes this

AAHOrHo.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Thanks, Chelsea...Unfortunately I've already beaten here now that I read this. Of course it will help others who are stuck... Anyway, this fight was kind of an anticlimax especially after dying so much, the fun was just out of it. I had to take the stupid Mayu shot (on which I randomly died twice too) waggle to the Abyss, take the stupid Hidden Ghost photo and try to dodge her attacks, and repeat that like 10 times... In the end I just swallowed my pride and went for cheap blasts instead of going for her Fatal Frame moments... And I always go for Fatal Frame moments. Usually I just evade ghosts until I can FINISH HIM! with a Fatal Frame.... Oh well. 

And the stupid part is, my ghost list is now at 99%... Dammit..I missed one...

#4 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Even though you've already done it, I'll give my advice anyway.

Firstly, equip the Crimson Butterfly, Stun and Fatal lenses. Crimson butterfly deals loads of damage and doesn't use any extra spirit points, Stun is probably only useful in this exact battle because you can knock Sae back when she does one of her cheap teleport-and-lunge-instantly moves, which will inevitably save you a bunch of times. Fatal lets you capitalise on the moments when you hit her fatal frames.

The most reliable way to kill her is to run to the side of the Abyss and attack her whenever you can. If you hit a fully charged shot on one of her non-invuln laugh sequences, she will most likely just begin the sequence again, leaving you free from her attacks. Whenever she does attack, though, you can either use your stun lens if it's a life or death thing, or if she does her swaying lunge, you can move away from her a little and try for the fatal frame.

It's a really cheap fight. It's not even hard like Reika, it just feels, well, cheap. They kind of subverted what you've learnt in the rest of the game, that taking risks and taking fatal frames mainly will get ghost fights done more quickly and efficiently, and made you be very reserved and safe or risk being insta-killed.

• Persephone likes this

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#5 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Eh ? I found her really easy even on hard, I had more trouble trying to take Mayu's picture it kept appearing as fatal frame then disappearing pretty much instantly then being given the death touch, she's like that guy from Indiana jones temple of Doom who reaches for your heart ~_~ for sae I just ran around awaiting for an opportunity to strike, I ran through her at one point and nothing happened
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   Persephone

Persephone

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 64 posts
  • LocationRogetsu Island

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

Even though you've already done it, I'll give my advice anyway.

Firstly, equip the Crimson Butterfly, Stun and Fatal lenses. Crimson butterfly deals loads of damage and doesn't use any extra spirit points, Stun is probably only useful in this exact battle because you can knock Sae back when she does one of her cheap teleport-and-lunge-instantly moves, which will inevitably save you a bunch of times. Fatal lets you capitalise on the moments when you hit her fatal frames.

The most reliable way to kill her is to run to the side of the Abyss and attack her whenever you can. If you hit a fully charged shot on one of her non-invuln laugh sequences, she will most likely just begin the sequence again, leaving you free from her attacks. Whenever she does attack, though, you can either use your stun lens if it's a life or death thing, or if she does her swaying lunge, you can move away from her a little and try for the fatal frame.

It's a really cheap fight. It's not even hard like Reika, it just feels, well, cheap. They kind of subverted what you've learnt in the rest of the game, that taking risks and taking fatal frames mainly will get ghost fights done more quickly and efficiently, and made you be very reserved and safe or risk being insta-killed.

This helped me IMMENSELY!! Thank you.

#7 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 290 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

thank you guys for the tips,I died so many times on this part alone. thank you so much! <3

a80Suw0.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deep Crimson Butterfly, Gameplay, Sae Kurosawa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users