Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM) Phew, we're back.
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) \o/
midwinter : (17 December 2017 - 02:00 PM) thank you, Emi! <3
Hex : (17 December 2017 - 02:10 PM) Thank you!
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Okay, I wasn't the only one not allowed in.
AnimalLover4... : (17 December 2017 - 11:48 PM) Thank you for fixing it Emi.
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) why did i miss
GreekShadow : (18 December 2017 - 06:04 AM) what*

Who thinks Himuro mansion is beautiful place, and why?

Fatal Frame Project Zero Himuro Mansion Opinion

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Just thought id make this thread

I think the mansion is a beautiful place, even with the damage, I'm not sure why but I'm sure it would be a great place to live in its heyday before being damaged

if you think the mansion is beautiful as well, how come?

#2 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I can agree with you there, it is a beautiful place and I think it would be very welcoming when lit up, broken or not. I like the place because it's pretty much got a hold on your emotional state from the second you get in there. In the space of 1 door change you can go from feeling pretty safe and comfortable to just ruined. Over 90% of the mansion makes me feel uneasy and 3-4 rooms have their own throne for that, I often retreat to the atrium or back garden and stick the kettle on haha. Take 5 minutes and get going again :P! these 2 areas are where I feel the most safe because it's out in the open and can be colourful.

They really nailed the atmosphere I think and that's what I like about not only the mansion but the entire game in general. It's my favourite for a bunch of reasons. A beautiful place for a lot of bad things really :/ makes me wonder what happened to it after the curse was broken.

Sorry btw haha I know a lot of that doesn't have anything to do with the question.

• NuMetalWolf likes this

output_Q0vP4Q_zps1d14064a.gif

#3 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

I can agree with you there, it is a beautiful place and I think it would be very welcoming when lit up, broken or not. I like the place because it's pretty much got a hold on your emotional state from the second you get in there. In the space of 1 door change you can go from feeling pretty safe and comfortable to just ruined. Over 90% of the mansion makes me feel uneasy and 3-4 rooms have their own throne for that, I often retreat to the atrium or back garden and stick the kettle on haha. Take 5 minutes and get going again :P! these 2 areas are where I feel the most safe because it's out in the open and can be colourful.

They really nailed the atmosphere I think and that's what I like about not only the mansion but the entire game in general. It's my favourite for a bunch of reasons. A beautiful place for a lot of bad things really :/ makes me wonder what happened to it after the curse was broken.

Sorry btw haha I know a lot of that doesn't have anything to do with the question.

i agree, it seems much of the mansion is beautiful, even at night and when full of ghosts, like the moon well shrine place, nice, the blinding room also looks nice

#4 OFFLINE   NuMetalWolf

NuMetalWolf

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRJ, Brazil

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I agree it. And even despite all that destruction, there are places that had been well-conserved by the time. Blind Room, for example, such as the Kyoto Room and the Moon Shrine in the atrium.

But there are still some places that creep me out a lot, though'. The Fishtank Room is one of them. The Rubble Room, likewise. And the Store Room, too. I don't think there's a way of making them "not-creepy" unless they got sunlight litting. And open ceiling, of course! Most properly ever! x)

I think there's an exception for open places, and i think the Grave Backyard IS one of them! If you don't agree with that, however, i DO! There's no way i could approach to that Narukami Shrine from the second night on. The more the place loses importance in the game story, the more empty it gets, and i don't feel comfortable with such empty, vague places... Not to mention it gives it a good trap with random ghosts, such as Floating Woman/Man, and even Bound Man. It creeps the hell out of me! x(

But yeah, some places are open, some give you a good sensation of comfort and freedom, so you can feel free and safe to run and explore. I just love these places! ^_^

What can i say? Himuro Mansion has got some positive and negative points. I think the essence of dark makes me feel like in a Gothic, morbid place. And all that mist... Well, since it's all result from the curse, then i have nothing to blame about. ^_^

Edited by Lone Wolf, 04 February 2013 - 09:49 PM.

• NuMetalWolf likes this

gPDuQRc.jpg?1

"I have nothing to say. But I feel like my mouth is wide open.

Everything that is real comes around.."

#5 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

• Guests

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

aye I'm not a fan of the fish tank room

#6 OFFLINE   NuMetalWolf

NuMetalWolf

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRJ, Brazil

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Me, neither. This place just creeps me out, specially when it comes to a ghost fight. I don't like fighting in that room. I don't feel free to walk. The ghosts could catch me so easy in there, specially when you talk about Lord Himuro. His slashing attack is just annoying. x_x

gPDuQRc.jpg?1

#7 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

• Guests

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

i usually seem to get a ghost encounter there as well

#8 OFFLINE   NuMetalWolf

NuMetalWolf

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRJ, Brazil

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

i usually seem to get a ghost encounter there as well

I know, this is a common room, such as many others. And i thought i just fought Tomoe's ghost in that room... x/

gPDuQRc.jpg?1

#9 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

Man screw the fishtank room, we don't need it D< blow it up. It really is just a horrible place to be and they even set it up as such. I think it's night 2 where you can encounter bound man in there, but they spawn him in at such a bad position that he's under the water. That right there is 1 of the biggest fears in that room - ghoulies grabbing at your feet. Then there's the obscure path to the door being longer than it should be.

I don't like the hallway before it either... but the game did that itself with floating head, blind, bound man, and long arms.

Anyway sorry, we've hijacked your discussion of how the mansion is amazing and turned it into how the fishtank room is the home of cthulhu.

It would probably look nice with some grass and plants going. After so long I kind've expected vegetation to start growing inside, at least in the beginning area O.o. It's a surprise that no one fell through a floor board or 2 :P land in a basement of some sort.

If they ever did go back to their roots I'd like to see them do something like that. Add a little bit of grass in the outside areas just to be visually and mentally soothing. You really need these kind've things in a game like this :/ because I don't know about you guys, but where all the save points are don't feel like safe places to me. But maybe that was the idea. I'd love to see it back before it got ruined though, that would've been a cool effect of this time-warp thing happening. Perhaps that explains why some rooms are well lit and coloured and others are just dead and crawling with ghosts.

#10 OFFLINE   Chasind_Valentine

Chasind_Valentine

Kid Playing Tag

• Spirited Aways
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Blind Room, for example, such as the Kyoto Room and the Moon Shrine in the atrium.

But there are still some places that creep me out a lot, though'. The Fishtank Room is one of them. The Rubber Room, likewise.

What is the Rubber Room? 

And I do think (parts) of the mansion are beautiful. The Blind Room, Doll Room, and Cherry Atrium all appeal to me! I even think the Abyss seems really calm most of the time. The water there is soooo peaceful. I also love the garden in the middle of the blinding section of the mansion, its been so long i kind of forget the name... Square Garden? Its where the priest is. That's both creepy and beautiful! And i forgot the name of the room with all the candles in it, but that always has a certain calmness for me

Of course there are the parts that freak me out. Fish Tank Room, Demon Mouth and the path beyond it, Rope Hallway...

But I think its definitely a nice contrast! :')

#11 OFFLINE   NuMetalWolf

NuMetalWolf

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 38 posts
  • LocationRJ, Brazil

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

...we've hijacked your discussion of how the mansion is amazing and turned it into how the fishtank room is the home of cthulhu.

Man, you didn't understand it well. I was pointing some positive AND negative points in the mansion. It's creepy places, such as the well-conserved ones. I wasn't talking only about the FishTankRoom. Blind just shared his opinion about that room ith me, so i replied him, with mine. We're just sharing ideas, opinions, points we find in the mansion. But i don't think the FishTankRoom should be left, anyway. I told you, if only places like these had some little "changes", such as an open ceiling, movement on the water(as with the waterwheel in the Abyss), and even some FISHES("FishTank Room", right? There HAS to be some fish around! x)), then it wouldn't be that bad.

I was actually thinking about open ceiling, with a sky view.. Full Moon, and stars in the dark sky of night... It would be a lovely place.

To be honest, i actually am not so into the style how Himuro Mansion was made in. It became soo obvious, after many Asian stuffs we see in there... I'm not impressed. Things became so traditional, so obvious, so expected... But yeah, the mansion style since the Calamity has changed to a Gothic, morbid place. All that mist, the noises of steps on the wooden floor, the voices, the dark, and blood-stained walls... Yeah, Calamity just ruined that place into pieces, but who said we can't change it our ways? That's why we're here in this topic, isn't it? ^_^

What is the Rubber Room?

Yeah, there was a misspelling in there, but i just fixed it. xp

What i meant to say was "Rubble Room", the one with the save point, and the puzzle door, past the Burial Room, which leads you to the Demon Mouth.

Whatever, yes, you're right, the garden near the Buddha Room is the Square Garden, and the room with the candles is the Burial Room, and around there are the Rubble Room, the Cherry Atrium, and the Hall where you find our good friend Marylin Long Arms. XP

And as i said before, there were some places in the mansion that were well-conserved even after all the destruction caused by the Calamity.

As you said, Doll Room, Blind Room... About the Cherry Atrium, i know, it would be a beautiful place if ever lift up and lit with some japanese lanterns around... It would be the "perfect place to stay". The Sims is there for some reason, riight? XD

...hey, it would be a great idea if we only tried making the Himuro Mansion on the Sims, so we could lift it up a little and change it our ways, don't you guys agree? :)

gPDuQRc.jpg?1

#12 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Man, you didn't understand it well.

Yeah could be xP anyway sorry I think I need to work on getting things across. I didn't mean it in a punchy kind've way but much more a joke :P didn't mean to drag you into it.

But you're right, a few simple changes would change the mood in that place for better.

Has anyone had any thoughts about why some of the rooms are perfectly preserved and even have lit candles, while the room next door is either dark and dead, or dark, destroyed and writhing with ghosts. I can't imagine Mafuyu lit like 40 candles in the one room. Even then they should've burnt out in 24 hours or less.

But those candles might just be our view into what the mansion was before all this, and it's not bad huh xP.

...hey, it would be a great idea if we only tried making the Himuro Mansion on the Sims, so we could lift it up a little and change it our ways, don't you guys agree? :)

That would be an interesting project. I used to build it all the time in minecraft to live in xD but after 1 burn down and 2 wipes I gave up. Not an easy build... But it's strange really even under new light you still get the chills here and there. I guess it's a good thing to have those memories.

And i forgot the name of the room with all the candles in it, but that always has a certain calmness for me

Omg really xD this is like another bad room for me, I don't even know why. I think it's because of that thin wall you have to run around just to leave... gives me the creeps x_X. Almost every time I walk into there I find either blinded or broken neck waiting at the candles. It's like jousting with a ghost, but I usually run away :I.

#13 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

• Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Bound man underwater? wow, not meet him there luckily i guess! i think the moon shrine is a nice place, even with the mummy of the first rope shrine maiden, and kirie trying to kill you there its a nice place, i like the sliding cabinet thingy in the middle, looks nice

#14 OFFLINE   Super00141

Super00141

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

I wish there was a like, super HD version (Like PS4 graphics) and you could just walk through the mansion with no ghosts... DOnt know how to explain it, almost like a playstation home map or something. Just enjoy the scenery. 

• deer likes this

#15 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

lol that's true fish tank room is very creepy

Edited by Sosezi, 18 February 2014 - 09:59 PM.

• Darcness likes this

#16 OFFLINE   Darcness

Darcness

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

the fish tank room can die in a fire-... Living or not, it can just die >_< terrible room gave me nightmares. other than that monstrosity, I often times enjoyed the tatami rooms on the 2nd floor (the 1 with the Koto, and the 1 where Kirie was seen)- I feel oddly safe in both of those rooms.

• Sosezi likes this

#17 OFFLINE   Sosezi

Sosezi

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Yes that's right Fish Tank room is absolute Evil in FF1

i  am really afraid of that room because it is very creepy and 100000% scarier than all in this game

also when i go through that room i always think No, no! no no no but YES! there is a Ghost! and i need to fight with...

this room just my nightmare

Edited by Sosezi, 19 February 2014 - 10:35 PM.

• Darcness likes this

#18 OFFLINE   KasumisCamera

KasumisCamera

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

In it's day yes. As for now a few of the rooms yes and the others they could be with a good dusting/repairs.

#19 OFFLINE   Elyonum

Elyonum

High School Student

• Spirited Aways
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:55 AM

To be honest I prefer the Manor of Sleep over Himuro Mansion 
Oh don't get me wrong, HM is awesome and has huge rooms that are super pretty and cool (except the goshdarned fish tank room) but MOS appeals to me more. Maybe it's the surreal environments, or the strangely calm atmosphere.
For real, I'd be cool with being a ghost in that mansion and just lay on the floor all night listening to that faint singing...  :wub:

bff2gl.jpg

Sweetness~ 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Himuro Mansion, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users