Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:29 PM) Ok, playing with headphones is definitely superior
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 03:31 PM) I knew the music in Rei's house changed after Miku's chapters start but I never noticed it has these little bumps and rustles that make it sound like something's moving in the house
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) also there is more ghost talk during Kei's phone call!
midwinter : (08 November 2017 - 05:41 PM) i couldn't hear most of it, though, I need to listen again
Hex : (08 November 2017 - 06:12 PM) Yesss, headphones.  I think you can hear doors being closed in Rei's house too.
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:03 PM) Damn, I didn't know they were closing down the miiverse until too late.  My screenshots.  :(
midwinter : (09 November 2017 - 01:40 PM) Argh, no backups? That sucks :(
Hex : (09 November 2017 - 01:48 PM) On the bright side, I still have an album full of pretty scenery and Hisoka looking confused.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) Nintendo shouldn't have shut down Miiverse.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) People loved it.
AnimalLover4... : (10 November 2017 - 05:59 AM) And they should have incorporated it onto the Switch.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:51 AM) Finally finished TEW2, t'was excellent.
GreekShadow : (12 November 2017 - 05:14 AM) I'm glad you enjoed it Hex!How was it comparing to the first one though(,which i personally disliked)?
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:11 PM) I've only played the first for a few hours (didn't like it much either), but it was a big improvement.  The gameplay is fun, the stealth works a lot better, the open world map isn't too big but there's sidequests (one with a cool ghost lady!) and some interesting things to do.
Hex : (12 November 2017 - 12:17 PM) I was really impressed with the story since it was one of the things that put me off the first. The last 20 minutes were so good, definitely one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
Daz Hinasaki : (12 November 2017 - 07:17 PM) Hey guys I'm finishing fatal frame 1 on my twitch channel tonight! :) love you to join me https://www.twitch.tv/chunzbunz
GreekShadow : (13 November 2017 - 05:36 AM) oh sounds cool thank you hex!And for me also the story of the first one put me off,glad the second one is better
Hex : (16 November 2017 - 12:01 PM) TIL: ghost marriage is actually practiced in China.   :staffsan:
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) O_O
Rheo : (16 November 2017 - 12:13 PM) oh yeah there's a local movie here called The Ghost Bride and the actress playing that is half-Chinese

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What if it was for PS2

Fatal Frame IV Project Zero IV PS2 Wii

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

At the time of it's release PS2 games were still being released in both in and outside Japan so I wonder what everyone thought if it was released for the PS2 instead of the Wii. What differences do you think there could have been and what do you think what could have been added. ^_^

If you think it should have been released on another system other than the PS2 what would it be and why?

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

The game would look nowhere near what it does now if it was for the PS2. If anything I think it shouldve been on the 360, which still produces great graphics and has a ton of consoles sold, so the game woulve had better potential for sales

technologiccopy.png

#3 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

The game would look nowhere near what it does now if it was for the PS2. If anything I think it shouldve been on the 360, which still produces great graphics and has a ton of consoles sold, so the game woulve had better potential for sales

Fatal Frame would never have been sold for solely the Xbox360, just because it's presence in Japan in basically non-existant.

• Darcness likes this

#4 OFFLINE   GreekShadow

GreekShadow

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

I really wanted Fatal Frame to continue with Sony,really wanted that.I remember that i was always hoping that FFIV will eventually come on PS3.With Nintendo FF games will have always worst graphics than on the other next gen consoles.Oh and we will always have the same fear "Will it get released overseas?*.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#5 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think it would've been a touch better had it been on the PS2. I don't think it would've looked much worse really and given they've had 3 previous games on the PS2 they have enough experience to make it work right. I feel like they have a hard time grasping the Wii right now in terms of performance and control. Who knows It might've even looked better - look at PZ3, it looks bloody good for a PS2 game. But I would hate to see them go for looks over gameplay and story (yes I'm being that guy D:)

I'd have liked to see it on gamecube :P but then I imagine it would play something like this:

[Open door] Please insert disc 2.

[Open door] Please insert disc 1.

Sometimes I feel like they pulled a resi 1.5 by getting near the end of development and having some kind've struggle. It's a shame to see the game so broken :/ I don't think it would be much work for them to fix those issues either. But I think they have trouble getting a publisher more than anything? According to some gameshop owner in my town that was one of the reasons it never got over here. No one wanted to publish it, but I could be wrong xP kinda explains why someone else publishes it each time though. Perhaps they just lost motivation near the end and just wanted to be done with it, or they made that fatal mistake of changing something after development had pretty much finished. Who knows.

That's my input on the matter. I still love the game either way.

output_Q0vP4Q_zps1d14064a.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Lighthouse Climber

• Haori Inspector
  • 777 posts
  • LocationZero Stage

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

FF4 on the PS3 would've been amazing.  It's already gorgeous on the Wii, but I'd love to have seen what they could do if they continued with Sony, not just with graphics but the story and gameplay.  It's likely the bugs wouldn't have been an issue and the collaboration wouldn't have been so cluttered.  

If only.  :c

#7 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Fatal Frame would never have been sold for solely the Xbox360, just because it's presence in Japan in basically non-existant.

Strictly for the 360, no. But I think the Wii and 360 wouldve been great for the game.

I know it wouldnt have made it for the PS3 because of how ass-backwards they made coding games for the console is. Porting a Wii game over to the 360 wouldve been fairly easy to do, but Nintendo obviously doesnt like to share, which is a shame

technologiccopy.png

#8 OFFLINE   Yashuu

Yashuu

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 309 posts
  • LocationNaked under a haori

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Well, we'd probably still have a fixed camera.

ZR9JeXg.gif
i will jiggle into your soul

#9 OFFLINE   plasmid

plasmid

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLas vegas

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Over the shoulder games aren't great for the wii since it makes you run like a tank with its controller, yet so many games try to take their camera view from re4.

If it was on the ps2 prolly would have had better controls, and on the ps3, well thats wishful thinking.

#10 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,128 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Over the shoulder games aren't great for the wii since it makes you run like a tank with its controller, yet so many games try to take their camera view from re4.

If it was on the ps2 prolly would have had better controls, and on the ps3, well thats wishful thinking.

I think they hinted the over the shoulder switch in the third game. In some parts you have a bit of over the shoulder angle with Rei which wasn't all that bad actually. I would agree that the PS2 or PS3 would have had better controls.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#11 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 413 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I would love to see this game on the PS3 and honestly i'm suprised they didn't just make it available for all systems. It's what all the cool games are doing nowadays! xD

#12 OFFLINE   calne

calne

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHikamiyama

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

I think FFIV would've been better if it would've been on Sony's console. And to be honest - I still kinda hope that someday, just someday, maybe we get FFIV on ps3 no we don't

yuri.gif
hi i used to be beni kthxbye

#13 OFFLINE   LadyHepatica

LadyHepatica

Kagome, Kagome Player

• Spirited Aways
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

For one, the controls would be very familiar and it would feel at home on the PS2 with its siblings. :P I did like how at the end of a ghost encounter, it would have their scream come out of the Wiimote and I liked to pretend it was a phone during the phone calls as well. Not useful for recording a walkthrough though...

Maybe one day, when Nintendo's contract ends, Tecmo can release an HD collection with IV included *drools* preferably on the WiiU and PS3/PS4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Project Zero IV, PS2, Wii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users