Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.
suprimeking : (07 November 2020 - 02:02 PM) hey is discord working for everyone else
NuMetalWolf : (21 November 2020 - 03:15 PM) I don't think there's been anyone on this site in a long time. This is sad.
Rheo : (08 December 2020 - 03:40 PM) no one's actually saying anything in the posts either
ItsukiFace : (10 December 2020 - 03:04 PM) The site's just going through a bit of a dry spell, I'm sure the tempo will pick up soon enough.
ItsukiFace : (30 December 2020 - 06:34 AM) Happy Holidays, BCL Family!
Meital : (06 January 2021 - 01:54 PM) It's 2021 and 20th anniversary for Fatal Frame series this year! I missed you guys!
Tigermausbaer : (06 January 2021 - 11:54 PM) Hello, i wish everyone a happy new year!

Photo
- - - - -

Combing away. Scraps archive :P

Project Zero Fatal Frame Project Zero 2 Fatal Frame 2 Demo Archive

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Random title all the way!!!

So a small hobby of mine is just modding, you know. Breaking things and junk. So it wasn't 5 minutes after arriving in the mail that I broke the Project Zero demo and found a few bits. Hopefully some more is hiding in there but for now I figured I'd show and share for the sake of just knowing, speculation and ideas. I don't know if it's been acknowledged already or if anything is new, either way I find it interesting :) maybe you do too.

Project Zero 1

Spoiler

Project Zero 2

Spoiler

I'll post anything else I find interesting sometime assuming all is good here :)

• midwinter likes this

output_Q0vP4Q_zps1d14064a.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

That is so interesting!  A FF1 with Type-7 film has turned my world upside down.  I'm dying for them to release a game that finally has Moon Incense because they seem to love it for some reason.  Thank you so much for sharing, I love hidden stuff like this.  :'D

#3 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Wow, how did you hack the demo? :o

#4 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Wow, so they attempted Moon Incense in two games and it never made it into the final version of either? Really weird! I love to hear about stuff that never made it into the game, like FF4's unused files, so thanks for posting this! I'm intrigued by the scrap book, too; I wonder what their intentions were with that.

#5 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

That little notebook is quite iconic and recognizable in Japan ;)

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#6 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

It took me a moment to comprehend type-7 also. I had to check to make sure I wasn't missing something :o. But it is quite something and I think if it was accessed via gamesharks on console it would make the game a fun challenge by using type-7 all the way through. Hehe you can also turn the flashlight off :I

You mean the blood-stained one? O.o

Wow, how did you hack the demo? :o

I'm using pcsx2 and a few memory editing tools. By finding your film quantity you can get the inventory, which gives you debug display, which gives you player co-ords to find, which gives you access to other rooms, so on and so forth. xP 1 thing just leads to another, try it sometime!

It's really a difficult question with the moon incense. Back on the old forum I posted some other debug stuff but also asked about the moon incense. I knew it was useless but with a little bit of editing I was able to use it from the inventory. All it did was heal me and that could either be it's actual purpose or just a default reaction the game has to nonfunctional items :/ there's really no way to find out right now. For all we know it could just be a dummy item used to develop while the rest of their team is working on something. Either way it's interesting stuff and it makes me wonder if it's in any of the other games.

#7 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Okay... feel like going into any more detail?

#8 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Okay... feel like going into any more detail?

I've seen the same one (without blood stains obviously) in anime and Japanese films. It's a bit of a common prop (at least I've seen it a lot in the films I would see) yet you can buy one.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#9 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Might be drivel but these are the file names for Moon Incense and Moon Grass if someone wants to translate it. But it probably won't be any different O.o

ITM_REISEKI

ITM_GEKKAKOU

Moon Incense has auto-equip/event use properties the same as the flashlight and camera, or a key. It probably would have been used as an event item instead of an inventory thing. So it probably was just a debugging item used to trigger scenes in the game before the actual item was finished. I'm going through PZ3 right now but as far as I can tell there's no "moon" items, it's strange also because it feels like they don't want people looking haha. There's such a drastic change with the inventory in 3, where as 1 & 2 are literally the same. A lot of the changes are purly there to make it harder to find :I maybe they're onto us!

Also, Moon Grass has it's own property that no other item does... so who knows. When I edit it to be used it has a crazy sound effect and just heals me for a ton.

Someone should just straight up email tecmo and ask what the items do.

#10 OFFLINE   Homuranagi

Homuranagi

RED CHILLI HOT PEPPER????

• Crazy Noisy Bizarre Admin
  • 422 posts
  • LocationDuwang Town

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

"reiseki" is most likely 霊石, which is "spirit stone", which I guess... they would have grabbed from the actual Spirit Stone item? Since it's apparently supposed to share that image?

"Gekkakou" would probably be 月下香 which is an actual plant (tuberose to be exact), or if you separate it out into different words 月下 means moonlight/under the moonlight and 香 means incense.

/random language trivia

(Anyone want to dive into the Japanese version and find the Japanese names just to make me happy because I've been wondering for so long? orz)

AAHOrHo.gif

#11 OFFLINE   Kaelin

Kaelin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 28 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

That was quick :D good job. So yeah it might just be a spirit stone then, probably also lost in translation. It might also just be left over from PZ1 O.o.

I'd help with getting the japanese names but unfortunately I don't have a copy. It would be nice to find out :) I'm interested also.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project Zero, Fatal Frame, Project Zero 2, Fatal Frame 2, Demo, Archive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users