Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!
NuMetalWolf : (30 August 2020 - 09:46 AM) It's been 6 years.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:36 PM) 12, actually. I wasn't counting the time i spent here before the move out.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:39 PM) To whoever reads this, I wish you all good luck.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:46 PM) Stay safe, everyone.
NuMetalWolf : (02 September 2020 - 05:47 PM) Bye.
suprimeking : (07 November 2020 - 02:02 PM) hey is discord working for everyone else
NuMetalWolf : (21 November 2020 - 03:15 PM) I don't think there's been anyone on this site in a long time. This is sad.
Rheo : (08 December 2020 - 03:40 PM) no one's actually saying anything in the posts either
ItsukiFace : (10 December 2020 - 03:04 PM) The site's just going through a bit of a dry spell, I'm sure the tempo will pick up soon enough.
ItsukiFace : (30 December 2020 - 06:34 AM) Happy Holidays, BCL Family!
Meital : (06 January 2021 - 01:54 PM) It's 2021 and 20th anniversary for Fatal Frame series this year! I missed you guys!
Tigermausbaer : (06 January 2021 - 11:54 PM) Hello, i wish everyone a happy new year!

Photo

Blinded inspired by La Llorona?

Fatal Frame Project Zero Ghosts Blinded Inspiration Folklore

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Since playing the game for the first time Blinded's story reminded me of something familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it until I explained to my sister about the games I played.

Both Blinded and La Llorona are very similar. La Llorona or "Weeping Woman" is a restless "spirit" desperately searching for her children as Blinded looks for her eyes (even though they're destroyed due to the blinding ritual). If you dont know the story I've typed it up for you. After typing all of that it gave me the chills because it still freaks me out today. :unsure:

Spoiler

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#2 Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*

Guest_Moumokunojosei101_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

interesting

#3 OFFLINE   Magamdy

Magamdy

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 211 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Pretty creepy :I. But, it is not a Japanese story? Then I doubt Blinded will be based on her. 

#4 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Pretty creepy :I. But, it is not a Japanese story? Then I doubt Blinded will be based on her. 

The first game was based on stories from around the world not just Japan as Emi said one time back in the old forums so it's a possibility.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#5 OFFLINE   MaruDashi

MaruDashi

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Its supposed to be based in Mexico [I think].

Its a very interesting connection though. I wouldnt be surprised if theres a similar story somewhere in Japan or China though

technologiccopy.png

#6 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,158 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

^^^ Right you are! It originated in Mexico where my family is from while the newer generation (me) are born in the states! ^_^

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#7 OFFLINE   Emi

Emi

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with a camera...

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Urg, post got deleted. There is actually a type of Japanese ghost called an ubume. It can be that of an old crone looking for a child (or holding an item she believes is her child), or a spirit of a wronged mother or mother who has died in childbirth. They are quite common in Japanese kawaidan because you know, dying from childbirth, not hard to believe. Anyways, the ghosts would be looking for their child, carrying the ghost of their dead child, or caring for their still living child. What I posted a while ago about influences is that there are many ghost stories (or ghost types) that tend to cross cultures. For example, ghost taking a ride home in a taxi, we have all heard it. Big type of ghost story in Japan. In connection with the 'ghost stories' of himuro, ie the girl waiting for her lover, is a story that I've hear connected with the myrtles plantation in Louisiana. So having common ghost stories that you have heard And may also be around in Japan would not surprise me.

#8 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

What does this have to do with Blinded Woman?  Nothing about it strikes me as being similar to her other than crying out My something.  Lots of ghosts do that in the franchise so how does this relate to Blinded in any way?

#9 OFFLINE   Zombie369

Zombie369

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

I don't really see how La Llorona is similar to Blinded, but she's actually very similar to that other ghost from Fatal Frame called Long Arms. He's the ghost with the really long arms who according to the Spirit List his own daughter was snatched away from him to become the next Rope Shrine Maiden, so he became an evil spirit out of grief who searches for his missing daughter and snatches young children away and the children are never seen again. The ghosts of the children playing Demon Tag are some of his victims.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame, Project Zero, Ghosts, Blinded, Inspiration, Folklore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users