Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.
thomas06 : (25 July 2020 - 10:32 PM) Hey Guys!

Photo

Some news!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:43 PM

Just in case anyone's still checking the forums, I thought I'd post this - sky on Discord linked to a French interview with Christophe Gans (writer/director of the 2006 Silent Hill movie), in which he mentions he's currently working on a Fatal Frame adaptation! Here's the relevant quote:

Sur quoi travaillez-vous en ce moment ?

J’ai deux projets de films d’horreur avec Victor Hadida. Je travaille sur l’adaptation du jeu vidéo Project Zero (connu sous le nom de Fatal Frame aux Etats-Unis, NDLR). Le film se passera au Japon. Je ne veux surtout pas déraciner le jeu par rapport à son cadre de maison hantée japonaise.

Translation:

What are you working on right now?

I have two horror movie projects with Victor Hadida [brother of Samuel Hadida, the original producer, who died in 2018]. I'm working on the adaptation of the video game Project Zero. The film will take place in Japan. I particularly don't want to uproot the game from its setting in a Japanese haunted house.

He also talks about working on a possible new Silent Hill movie, so worth checking out the interview if you're interested!

• Meital and Kenshin 4 like this

#2 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • Location???

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

Well the fact that the guy that made the second SH movie isn't working on it is a good thing cause that movie was awful.I recently happened to see the first movie again on TV and to be honest, I remembered that it was better,than what I saw,it was still kinda decent I guess though,there was some potential in there.

Fatal Frame series is way too niche though,I really have no idea what they will come up with and how they will do the marketing for it.I guess it will be released around FF6 release too,cause if we recall shibata he said that "the next game has to make business sense".From the sound of it, it seems that for the movie they are heading to make an adaption of the first game (Japanese haunted house) or something?In any case though I'm really curious to see what they will come up with,it's so hard to adapt this niche game to a movie.The Japanese movie was lovely but nicher than the niche game itself.But this is holywood i hope we wont get a cheap recycled the grudge movie with jump scares.A "Japanese Haunted House" doesn't really sound intriguing even to me anymore in 2020.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to it,and the Silent Hill reboot in general,movie and especially the rumored games.And now that I said reboot,probably Fatal Frame needs something similar after the last disappointment.

• Kenshin 4 likes this

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#3 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 437 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

This article talks about the movie being set in Japan and sticking to the core of the franchise, the japanese haunted house.

https://www.animenew...ll-film/.156062

#4 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 297 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:03 AM

That's good news! I hope we will get trailer later this year or something concrete?

But working with two game based horror films at the same time is little odd, but I hope both of them turns out amazing. I wasn't a fan of Resident Evil movies (especially the later ones, I think they were too Hollywood action movies and kind of forgot the horror aspect of the games) but fingers crossed.

I'm excited! 

(Also thank you midwinter for posting! I'm checking forums quite often so I'm always grateful if someone takes time to post news here~)

#5 OFFLINE   NightmarePictures001

NightmarePictures001

Lost Twin

• Spirited Aways
  • 187 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

I heard about it too! This is exciting! I'm glad they are keeping it in Japan. Going to be interesting how this turns out :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users