Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:05 AM) yeah, there are a couple of different versions, i think
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:06 AM) i tried removing the voiceover from the quiet version, and it's okayish, but it affects the music a bit too because the melody line is someone humming instead of an instrument
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!

Photo
- - - - -

Do you load your progress or start from the very beggining?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you load your progress or start from the very beggining? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you load your progress or start from the very beggining?

1. I mostly load my progress and replay with all the upgrades/unlockables (6 votes [85.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

2. I mostly start from the very beggining (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:20 AM

So i was wondering after completing the games and unlocking pretty much everything,when you want to start another playthrough,do you load your saves and replay with all the power-ups or start from the very beggining?

Almost all the times i do the former,with the exception one time (I think?) of replaying the first game from the very beginning after many years cause i didn't remember anything.But next time I might try to replay FF4 (in a very false optimistic attempt to practise my japanese)  from the very beginning.I would like to play it in nightmare difficulty though but is that an option,or you can only choose higher difficulty if you load a save?I honestly don't remember..

So yeah I would like to hear your opinion and also if anyone remembers if we can play in nightmare mode without load(unlockables,upgrades) it would be helpful.

Edited by GregZerO, 27 February 2019 - 01:21 AM.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

I just checked FF3 and you can start a new game on Nightmare mode without loading a previous save (as long as you've unlocked Nightmare mode already), and as far as I remember, FF4 is the same. I assume if you do that you'll have to be careful not to save over your previous clear file, or you'll lose all your costumes and unlockables.

I always prefer a new game plus because I like spending my time exploring, not crying over difficult fights, but I'd be morbidly curious to see someone attempt a Nightmare mode runthrough with no upgrades. Especially for FF3! That would earn its name.

#3 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 433 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:32 AM

I tend to be halfway through a playthrough when I pick up the game after a hiatus, or i'm showing someone new the game so I tend to start over.

I do have a memory card with my first few playthroughs and all the unlock and ghost list progress for the ps2 games somewhere though!

Edited by MacabrelleEnvy, 04 March 2019 - 02:33 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   Chou

Chou

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:24 PM

I'm like Mid, I prefer to load a save game plus so that I have plenty of film and everything, and don't have to stress about battles. I want to own those ghosts and continue my exploring without panic haha.

(who am i kidding though, i always panic when a ghost shows up, even if I have a fully upgraded camera.)

C r I m s o n

.:..:..:.: :icon_flutter::.:..:..:.

B u t t e r f l I e s

Are you leaving

me again

DEAR sister?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users