Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
midwinter : (22 January 2019 - 11:13 AM) anyway, it's here if you want it!
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) thanks a lot for everything mid :)
GregZerO : (23 January 2019 - 10:54 PM) I really enjoy the soundtrack and i wanted to have it
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:15 PM) no problem! I like it a lot, too, it's very pretty :D
midwinter : (24 January 2019 - 05:16 PM) i never would have thought of trying to edit it if you hadn't brought it up
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:24 AM) glad i did :P
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) Also for some reason BCL according to my antivirus pc or something is not a secure page  :thinking:
GregZerO : (27 January 2019 - 02:42 AM) and its weird cause 99% of the pages on he internet are "secure"
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)

Photo
- - - - -

Opinions on the doll list sidequest

Fatal Frame IV Gameplay Opinion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Only ten years late, but I don't think we've had a thread about this before, so what did everyone think of the doll list sidequest in FF4? Did it make you look around more? Would you like it if they had something similar in future games, or would you rather it stayed as a one-time thing?

#2 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

I actually really really liked it, hunting for dolls quickly became one of my favorite activities in the game, even more so when you get the upgrade that rings a subtle bell when you are near one. I mean we already had the traditional hidden ghosts to look for, but having an extra side quest of stuff to look out for, just made it more fun and made for even more replay value. I can't tell how many times I discovered one in a place I had run past multiple times and felt both stupid and accomplished xD

I was really sad to see it (and almost everything else that made FF fun) go in FF5...

• Hex likes this

.....it's raining again.....

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

It’s one of my favourite things about 4, their placements could get really fun and creative, even creepy.  I was hoping it would become a staple of the series, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  

Also, the camera chime for them is oddly relaxing.

#4 OFFLINE   Rin

Rin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 36 posts
  • Locationthe Trash Pit

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

I thought it was a pretty neat idea. It gave you more to do in the game, so it didn't seem like too much of a chore or anything. It's pleasantly challenging and I like that you get rewards from it.

I hope there are more sidequests in the future.

#5 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 273 posts
  • Location???

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

I also did enjoy it!

It gave you more reasons to look around and notice all the little (beautiful in case of ff4) details in your first playthrough,without becoming a chore (like Rin also said) to complete it in the second playthrough by having the radar thingy navigating you.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#6 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Yay, it seems like there's a fair bit of agreement on this topic, and I'm glad! I like this sidequest too - it's nice and low-pressure and doesn't end in a boss fight, and even now it still encourages me to look at the environments more carefully. I'll always be a little sad they didn't add something similar to DCB. It would have been so easy! But I hope it's something they'd at least consider doing again one day, if they make more games.

#7 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

...and even now it still encourages me to look at the environments more carefully.

I hear ya. I would sometimes hear the bell go off, but couldn't immediately see the doll, but my pride would then kick in and I'd be like "I know you are here SOMEWHERE, and I ain't leavin until I find ya!" xD

.....it's raining again.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame IV, Gameplay, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users