Anyone trying to register a new account:

The forums are currently being targeted by spambots, so new registrations will have to be manually approved by an admin. I'll try to check the list at least once a day, but if you want to be approved more quickly, or if you've been falsely marked as a spammer, please message elwing.alcyone at Gmail.

- midwinter

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=jDadONMsXjw
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:10 PM) amano's new song doesn't sound bad
GregZerO : (04 March 2019 - 11:14 PM) and the video is like a fan singing koe or something lel
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:24 PM) ooh, i like it
midwinter : (05 March 2019 - 02:25 PM) it sounds more like her old stuff
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:19 PM) indeed,I hope someone will upload the full version soon
GregZerO : (05 March 2019 - 08:20 PM) mid how are ur japanese going?
Tigermausbaer : (20 March 2019 - 10:22 AM) Hello everyone! :)
Rheo : (14 April 2019 - 10:10 AM) Hi!
Rui Kurosawa : (20 April 2019 - 01:50 AM) Hi!
TheJake : (31 May 2019 - 09:27 PM) In FF4, are spirit points only used for the shop?  It seems like you just need these crystals for upgrades, but I'm not 100% sure. :P
Kicksville : (02 June 2019 - 01:29 PM) The save point shop and the post-game shop after you're done (for costumes and such)
suprimeking : (24 June 2019 - 12:40 PM) anyone here
suprimeking : (10 July 2019 - 11:11 AM) discord is acting up on me again
Gbarchetta : (28 July 2019 - 06:20 PM) Urgh, I want a new entry in the series :(
Jamie : (28 July 2019 - 07:29 PM) Same here :C
Meital : (29 February 2020 - 08:45 PM) GabSmolders is having Fatal Frame marathon on Twitch! Just FYI if you're interested watching someone play FF :)
Rheo : (23 April 2020 - 10:38 AM) Been so long
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 06:21 PM) You better run.
ItsukiFace : (28 May 2020 - 08:46 PM) I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive.

Photo

KT says be patient while waiting for an announcement!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kenshin 4

Kenshin 4

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

Hisashi Koinuma said in an interview:

“This series is currently being serialized in a manga [in Japan]. We don’t have new information about the series at the moment, but as Koei Tecmo we believe this is one of our valuable IPs. When the time is right we will make an announcement, please be patient for it.”

Source
https://gonintendo.c...nfo-on-new-game

I am so excited!!!
  • midwinter and Hex like this

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

Oh, that's encouraging! I wonder if Koinuma was surprised to be asked that in an interview about Attack on Titan 2, lol. At first I thought it might be an old quote, assuming the manga reference is about Shadow Priestess (which ended last year), but I guess he can't keep up with every spinoff. It's nice to hear someone call FF valuable, though - I hope Nintendo feels the same!

#3 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:28 PM

That they considerate it quite highly is nice to hear, and is definitely encouraging!  I hope they’re working on something new.

#4 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • Location???

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

Good to know they are planning something,but I'm not excited,I can't be excited after FFV direction plus having to buy a new console I don't care about again.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#5 OFFLINE   Rin

Rin

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 36 posts
  • Locationthe Trash Pit

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:55 PM

I hope that means there's a new game in store! But this time I hope they put as much heart and soul into whatever their next project is as the originals in the series.

It seems like they knew where they went wrong when designing the 5th one and I hope they only improve from here.

I can't wait to hear more information though!

Edited by Rin, 22 March 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Gbarchetta

Gbarchetta

Innocent Bystander

• Spirited Aways
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Nice! I came here to today to check if there was any news regarding the franchise. There I have it 

#7 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

This is almost certainly not us, but Suda51 apparently teased an upcoming announcement that sounds like it's for an existing series, and Siliconera mentioned Fatal Frame as a possibility:

http://www.siliconer...xisting-series/

Not to get anyone's hopes up or anything! But it's something to keep an eye on.

#8 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 281 posts
  • Location???

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

Not to get anyone's hopes up or anything! But it's something to keep an eye on.

Would love that guy to get involved in FF6 though,he did (mostly) lovely with the fourth game.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#9 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, I'd like that too! It's hard to say without more behind-the-scenes details, but it did feel like he brought something fresh to the series without taking it too far from its roots. I definitely wouldn't complain if it turned out he was collaborating on a new game.

#10 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 822 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

Aw man, that would be exciting.  Out with the new dudes, I’d take Suda back in a heartbeat, bat**** story and all.  :P

#11 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Well all things considered, Project Zero 5 WAS revealed during an E3, so maybe we can expect an announcement in a couple of months at this years E3? :o

.....it's raining again.....

#12 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

FF5 was actually first announced in a Famitsu article first (here was the announcement post, good times), and then had its own dedicated event a couple of months later, where they showed the trailer and release date. I remember the Famitsu announcement was totally out of the blue, so I wouldn't be surprised if any new announcements happen the same way. Either that or at Nintendo events - Spirit Camera and DCB were both announced that way, if I'm remembering right. I think FF4 was the last one to be announced at a big industry show.

I mean, I'm almost certainly going to watch the E3 presentation anyway just in case, lol. But I think if/when it happens, it'll be a complete surprise.

• PikaLink91 likes this

#13 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Missing Person

• Spirited Aways
  • 71 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

Interesting.. But you know what I mean, they showed FF5 at an E3 event back then, so maybe they'll give FF6 the same luxury.

.....it's raining again.....

#14 OFFLINE   Reala

Reala

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 431 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

Heh nice i was concerned for the future of the series for awhile but this is promIsing stuff. Btw did you miss me? It feels good to be back.
 photo flandrebanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users