Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (13 February 2018 - 10:24 AM)
Spoiler
Hex : (13 February 2018 - 10:28 AM)
Spoiler
Hex : (13 February 2018 - 10:29 AM) And then the after credits scene came along and I died inside. :nonom:
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 12:55 PM)
Spoiler
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 01:03 PM)
Spoiler
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 01:09 PM)
Spoiler
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 01:11 PM) And yeah the after credits killed me too :C
Hex : (13 February 2018 - 02:07 PM) Good reasoning!  It definitely made me weigh the different options like you said.
Hex : (13 February 2018 - 02:18 PM)
Spoiler
Hex : (13 February 2018 - 02:30 PM)
Spoiler
Hex : (13 February 2018 - 02:36 PM)
Spoiler
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 03:32 PM)
Spoiler
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 03:35 PM) ^The only reason why I accept these motives is because he was an asshole in his whole life,I can easily imagine getting so much money and success with bad ways,he loved R. ofcourse but that didnt change that fcat that he could be a bad person in general reacting wrong/bad again in a more personal/family related problem
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 03:36 PM) (i mean i can imagine him being an asshole in his life in general,its not confirmed anywhere)
GregZerO : (13 February 2018 - 03:42 PM)
Spoiler
Mr Johnny : (16 February 2018 - 10:21 AM) Love you all!!
Mr Johnny : (16 February 2018 - 02:41 PM) Beyond comprehension.
midwinter : (23 February 2018 - 11:52 AM) New Siren thing coming in March! http://comip.jp/z/SIREN.html
Hex : (23 February 2018 - 12:33 PM) Ooh, that's cool.
GregZerO : (24 February 2018 - 03:55 AM) ohhh thought it was a new game.....but at least they havent forgotten it

Photo
- - - - -

Mask at the Loading Screen

mask loading screen easteregg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:24 PM

I was replaying Project Zero 4 not long ago, controling Ruka as I had just gotten to Haibara Hospital in chapter 6 (I believe). As I saved my game in the lobby and then closed the save menu to return to the game, something suddenly happened. An eerie looking mask, reminiscent of the titular "Mask of the Lunar Eclipse", suddenly manifested itself in the middle of the loading screen for a brief moment, scaring the ever living daylights outta me, as I had never experienced anything like it during my previous (first) playthrough. It never happened again throughout my playthrough, but now I was paranoid, and dreaded it re-appearing whenever I wanted to save my game. It was a super simple, yet affective scare. Maybe I am just easily scared, but something so simple really got to me, because it was so unexpected.

I knew what I saw, but for some time, part of me speculated if my mind had just been playing tricks on me. That was, until I sat down, found a youtuber who didn't make my ears bleed, and watched his let's play of the game. Twice (only TWICE) during his playthrough, that same mask showed up, and I now had confirmation that I wasn't just crazy. However, like when I played the game, he only encountered the mask when playing as Ruka, which raised the question, if it was an easteregg exclusive to her?

Which leads me to my question, has anyone here, who's had the chance to play the game, encountered this Loading Screen Mask?

I should stress, that while I encountered it while exiting the save menu, this guy I watched afterwards, encountered the mask for the second time when he exited the map screen. So I guess any kind of in-game loading screen triggers it?

In general, I think Project Zero 4 has a lot of clever one-time scares.

.....it's raining again.....

#2 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 805 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

I've had this, too!  I never considered it could be an Easter egg exclusive to Ruka, though.  Definitely creepy.  Welcome to the forums.  :)

#3 OFFLINE   PikaLink91

PikaLink91

Unknown Victim

• Spirited Aways
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

I've had this, too!  I never considered it could be an Easter egg exclusive to Ruka, though.  Definitely creepy.  Welcome to the forums.   :)

Well, that is just my theory, because I have only seen it happen during her chapters, so I don't know if it is exclusive to her, or it just so happened to occur for her the few rare times it did show up, by mere coincidence. Maybe it only happens to her because she is of the Tsukimori family? I would love to hear from others though, if it has happened to them while playing as other characters.

And thank you so much! :-) I have been looking for a serious dedicated place to discuss these games!

PS. On a side-note, speaking of the name, is Ruka and Madoka related? Since Ruka's mother hails from the Tsukimori family according to a letter she wrote to her husband, and Madoka's last name is just straight up Tsukimori.

.....it's raining again.....

#4 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 805 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

It's possible, but the kanji used in Madoka's surname (月森) and for the Tsukimori clan (月守) are different, so we don't know for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users