Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Butterflychaser : (12 April 2018 - 11:52 PM) :icon_hisame:
Butterflychaser : (12 April 2018 - 11:53 PM) I agree- I much prefer the pre 4 set out of the games, though it's probably nostalgia in my personal case
Butterflychaser : (12 April 2018 - 11:53 PM) Oh well, I'm just glad the series is still alive and this forum is too...kinda. It's nice coming here from time to time
PikaLink91 : (13 April 2018 - 07:27 AM) I had honestly hoped for a bit more activity, oh well, guess I am just late to the party...
Hex : (19 April 2018 - 08:04 PM) Will anyone be replaying 4 for its 10th anniversary in July?   :icon_ruka:
PikaLink91 : (19 April 2018 - 09:21 PM) I was actually thinking about replaying it tonight. Is my favorite afterall.
midwinter : (19 April 2018 - 09:54 PM) I'll definitely be doing that at some point - I still need to get proper quality costume images for the wiki
Butterflychaser : (22 April 2018 - 02:55 PM) I will be!
EternalSinger : (29 April 2018 - 06:54 PM) I will be! Much excitement.
GregZerO : (01 May 2018 - 08:09 AM) I finally ordered RE7 yesterday since it got a huge price drop and I'm looking forward to it!
Hex : (01 May 2018 - 10:08 AM) *excitement levels rise*  I hope you enjoy it!   :icon_tengai:
Hex : (01 May 2018 - 10:09 AM) Nice to see FF4 love too.  <3
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:52 PM) my first impressissions is that RE7 is great
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:54 PM) was afraid that it might feel a bit too much outlast
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:54 PM) (and i didnt enjoy outlast 2 at all)
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:55 PM) but its great,feels like i'm playng REmake/REZero
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:57 PM) i m pretty early in the game though, but i enjoy it a lot
Chou : (17 May 2018 - 04:14 PM) Speaking of FF4, I had to redo my patch for the translation for my Wii... And started it up from scratch. I think I had only made it halfway through before
Chou : (18 May 2018 - 02:10 PM) I can't believe it's been 10 years!  For the anniversary, do we want to start a thread for everyone wanting to play through and relive the nostalgia? (or play through the first time because i never completed it before, haha :x )
midwinter : (18 May 2018 - 04:39 PM) that would be a good idea!

Photo
- - - - -

Outfit design

Deep Crimson Butterfly Opinion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Outfit design (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which design of Mio and Mayu do you prefer?

1. Original (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Remake (8 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 821 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

One of the most noticeable changes in the Wii remake was the redesign of the twins.  Do you have a preference?

I really like the new designs, especially Mayu's.  They look a bit more believable, Mio's top aside, and have more colour which draws my eyes more.  The littles details in the hair (Mayu's curving inwards and being darker, Mio's flicking out and being lighter) suit them well.  I like that they're older too.

#2 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

I really like remake versions, and the fact that they made them older too. The details are cute in new designs and especially I like all the ribbon details on the back. I was super excited when they released Mayu's new design because I really think that is something they would use in real life. Older versions were pretty blank but for younger versions those original outfits works very well~

So I'd kinda like to say both in a way, but if I had to choose I would say the new design works a little bit better. I think I love the older designs so much because of the nostalgia ^^'

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Can I go with both?  I like certain aspects of each more than the other.

For Mio I prefer her shoulders and chest to be covered like in the original, but for everything else I prefer her Remake design.  The multi layered skirt and ribbon on the back of her shirt are far more interesting to look at and they really went the extra mile with the added details to her leggings and socks (Although the latter won't be seen very much).

For Mayu I like both a lot honestly.  The brown dress with the little lace at the bottom and long socks is really adorable, but the more intricate skirt and blouse design from the remake is much more to my liking.  If I had to pick one thing I wish they'd kept from the original outfit it would have to be Mayu's black collar.  The patterns on it as it frames around her neck during the Crimson Butterfly ending as she emerges from her cocoon (So to speak) looks really nice and I prefer her throat not to be showing as much.

For both of them I prefer them having black hair and having a darker eye color.  The lack of light reflecting off of their eyes while not hideous is an odd decision when they have light in their eyes in pre rendered cutscenes, and the ghosts have light in their eyes in the remake as well.  The brown hair can look really washed out and unnatural if you're playing it on an less than ideal calibration which in the case of my TV I was.  It can be very distracting when you go from their old designs to their new ones because of how light their hair color can be at times.

I do like the way their hair flutters inwards and outwards compared to their original designs, and I love that their blouses are not longer brown but rather crimson colored.  The butterfly designs on Mio's leggings and socks while stretching the realm of suspension of disbelief (She really wore all those butterfly accessories in a plot about butterflies?) look really nice and it's a great graphical detail seeing them reflect off the light whenever it shines onto them.  Mayu's new butterfly wing sleeves are really nice and are more believable for me than the leggings.

Overall I'd have to say I prefer their DCB designs.  They feel more like outfits real people would be wearing than the original designs and are certainly way more believable than Ruka's ballroom dress and panty hose, or Misaki's silk blouse nightdress combination.

• Meital likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Rheo

Rheo

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

I like the DCB design more. They're detailed, the color matches well, as if they're in harmony with each other...? and this color is like, um richer? if you get what i mean ^^; They seem to be more believable too, like they're suitable in the right era... more fashionable... and suits them well (like i think they speak for their personality?) I agree about them looking older as it seems more fitting for them. 

• Meital likes this

th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo2_250_zps034th_tumblr_mtmh9z1Zrf1r1afgwo6_250_zps979  
One, Three, and Four, my favorite characters as of now.
Two? No. Five? No!
and Zero? NO!

#5 OFFLINE   Ochiru

Ochiru

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAsia

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

The Deep Crimson Butterfly remake made them look more realistic compared to the original counterparts which looks kinda anime-ish.

I love the original merely because of nostalgia but I prefer realistic looking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deep Crimson Butterfly, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users