Signups for the 2017 Christmas Exchange are open! Come and join us for spooky festive gifts!

Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Hex : (30 November 2017 - 01:50 PM) Anyone else got snow?  Brr.
midwinter : (30 November 2017 - 02:55 PM) Yes  :icon_fallenwoman:
Eisenalex : (30 November 2017 - 03:21 PM) Not yet, unfortunately. I need temperatures to drop below 0°C during the day.
AnimalLover4... : (01 December 2017 - 03:27 AM) Lucky.  I love snow.
asagi : (01 December 2017 - 09:32 PM) I wonder when will the temperature be below 20C
Hex : (04 December 2017 - 07:33 PM) psst, midwinter, the FF3 reframing video's out and it's great: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-f4e3zSFSEE
GreekShadow : (04 December 2017 - 08:32 PM) why does that guy has only so little views
midwinter : (04 December 2017 - 10:26 PM) ohhh, thank you! i'll have to watch it tomorrow now, but i'm looking forward to it
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 03:36 PM) He deserves a lot more
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM) Whenever I see Mafuyu say the broken staircase has nothing to do Takamine, I imagine him skidding down it on a sled with Koji and Tomoe.
Hex : (05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM) Novelists just wanna have fun
Hex : (06 December 2017 - 12:08 PM) Did anyone else not notice the pillars in the Demon Mouth have figures cared into them?  https://s7.postimg.o...3f/IMG_2417.jpg
midwinter : (06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM) oooh, no, that's cool
GreekShadow : (06 December 2017 - 11:58 PM) Lets all agree that in Forbidden Siren 2 ALL the missions with the 2 apartment buildings are the worst
Hex : (07 December 2017 - 12:07 AM) But don't you just love it when everything looks the same?   :chisab:
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 05:34 PM) ;_;
GreekShadow : (08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM) There are chances a new Tenchu has been teased by From Software,if its indeed Tenchu i ll die ,its been 10 years ;_;
Rezz : (09 December 2017 - 12:44 AM) From Software needs to make me another Armored Core
midwinter : (09 December 2017 - 01:48 PM) And where's my Kuon sequel while we're at it
Rheo : (09 December 2017 - 06:39 PM) i thought the name of that game is actually Shadows Die Twice. lol

Photo
- - - - -

Outfit design

Deep Crimson Butterfly Opinion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Outfit design (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Which design of Mio and Mayu do you prefer?

1. Original (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Remake (4 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 783 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

One of the most noticeable changes in the Wii remake was the redesign of the twins.  Do you have a preference?

I really like the new designs, especially Mayu's.  They look a bit more believable, Mio's top aside, and have more colour which draws my eyes more.  The littles details in the hair (Mayu's curving inwards and being darker, Mio's flicking out and being lighter) suit them well.  I like that they're older too.

#2 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

I really like remake versions, and the fact that they made them older too. The details are cute in new designs and especially I like all the ribbon details on the back. I was super excited when they released Mayu's new design because I really think that is something they would use in real life. Older versions were pretty blank but for younger versions those original outfits works very well~

So I'd kinda like to say both in a way, but if I had to choose I would say the new design works a little bit better. I think I love the older designs so much because of the nostalgia ^^'

#3 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 702 posts
  • LocationThe Red Room.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

Can I go with both?  I like certain aspects of each more than the other.

For Mio I prefer her shoulders and chest to be covered like in the original, but for everything else I prefer her Remake design.  The multi layered skirt and ribbon on the back of her shirt are far more interesting to look at and they really went the extra mile with the added details to her leggings and socks (Although the latter won't be seen very much).

For Mayu I like both a lot honestly.  The brown dress with the little lace at the bottom and long socks is really adorable, but the more intricate skirt and blouse design from the remake is much more to my liking.  If I had to pick one thing I wish they'd kept from the original outfit it would have to be Mayu's black collar.  The patterns on it as it frames around her neck during the Crimson Butterfly ending as she emerges from her cocoon (So to speak) looks really nice and I prefer her throat not to be showing as much.

For both of them I prefer them having black hair and having a darker eye color.  The lack of light reflecting off of their eyes while not hideous is an odd decision when they have light in their eyes in pre rendered cutscenes, and the ghosts have light in their eyes in the remake as well.  The brown hair can look really washed out and unnatural if you're playing it on an less than ideal calibration which in the case of my TV I was.  It can be very distracting when you go from their old designs to their new ones because of how light their hair color can be at times.

I do like the way their hair flutters inwards and outwards compared to their original designs, and I love that their blouses are not longer brown but rather crimson colored.  The butterfly designs on Mio's leggings and socks while stretching the realm of suspension of disbelief (She really wore all those butterfly accessories in a plot about butterflies?) look really nice and it's a great graphical detail seeing them reflect off the light whenever it shines onto them.  Mayu's new butterfly wing sleeves are really nice and are more believable for me than the leggings.

Overall I'd have to say I prefer their DCB designs.  They feel more like outfits real people would be wearing than the original designs and are certainly way more believable than Ruka's ballroom dress and panty hose, or Misaki's silk blouse nightdress combination.

• Meital likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deep Crimson Butterfly, Opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users