Toggle shoutbox The Disco Shack Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Strobe lighting and the scent of musty old books rises from within the fog...
Butterflychaser : (12 April 2018 - 11:52 PM) :icon_hisame:
Butterflychaser : (12 April 2018 - 11:53 PM) I agree- I much prefer the pre 4 set out of the games, though it's probably nostalgia in my personal case
Butterflychaser : (12 April 2018 - 11:53 PM) Oh well, I'm just glad the series is still alive and this forum is too...kinda. It's nice coming here from time to time
PikaLink91 : (13 April 2018 - 07:27 AM) I had honestly hoped for a bit more activity, oh well, guess I am just late to the party...
Hex : (19 April 2018 - 08:04 PM) Will anyone be replaying 4 for its 10th anniversary in July?   :icon_ruka:
PikaLink91 : (19 April 2018 - 09:21 PM) I was actually thinking about replaying it tonight. Is my favorite afterall.
midwinter : (19 April 2018 - 09:54 PM) I'll definitely be doing that at some point - I still need to get proper quality costume images for the wiki
Butterflychaser : (22 April 2018 - 02:55 PM) I will be!
EternalSinger : (29 April 2018 - 06:54 PM) I will be! Much excitement.
GregZerO : (01 May 2018 - 08:09 AM) I finally ordered RE7 yesterday since it got a huge price drop and I'm looking forward to it!
Hex : (01 May 2018 - 10:08 AM) *excitement levels rise*  I hope you enjoy it!   :icon_tengai:
Hex : (01 May 2018 - 10:09 AM) Nice to see FF4 love too.  <3
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:52 PM) my first impressissions is that RE7 is great
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:54 PM) was afraid that it might feel a bit too much outlast
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:54 PM) (and i didnt enjoy outlast 2 at all)
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:55 PM) but its great,feels like i'm playng REmake/REZero
GregZerO : (07 May 2018 - 09:57 PM) i m pretty early in the game though, but i enjoy it a lot
Chou : (17 May 2018 - 04:14 PM) Speaking of FF4, I had to redo my patch for the translation for my Wii... And started it up from scratch. I think I had only made it halfway through before
Chou : (18 May 2018 - 02:10 PM) I can't believe it's been 10 years!  For the anniversary, do we want to start a thread for everyone wanting to play through and relive the nostalgia? (or play through the first time because i never completed it before, haha :x )
midwinter : (18 May 2018 - 04:39 PM) that would be a good idea!

Photo

How do you use the gamepad?

Fatal Frame V Wii U Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you use the gamepad? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you control the camera?

1. Motion controls (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Using the sticks (5 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

3. I change when needed (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   Hex

Hex

Stefano's Obscura

• Haori Inspector
  • 821 posts
  • LocationThe white sands of limbo

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Just curious, what is everyone's preferred method of controlling the camera?  Do you utilise the gamepad's motion controls, stick with the sticks or do you shake it up for certain encounters?  

For me, I religiously use the sticks.  I actually find the full 3D movement to be immersion-breaking, it takes me out of the TV and experience.  I don't mind using it as a map at all, though, it felt quite natural. 

#2 OFFLINE   midwinter

midwinter

Tsukimori Shrine Admin

• Gentleman Scholar
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Always the sticks during fights. I just end up making myself dizzy if I use the motion controls, way worse than Spirit Camera - I think because I'm always trying to keep an eye on the TV as well? Also it was hard enough getting used to the controls after they switched the sticks, without concentrating on whether I'm holding the thing at some bizarre angle and getting myself wrapped up in the charge cable.  :unsure: 

During normal gameplay I sometimes switch to using it as a second screen to look at things because it's better than my TV, and it was helpful when I was typing up notes for the wiki! I think it's cool to have a supplementary thing to look at, but the motion controls just really don't work for me.

#3 OFFLINE   GregZerO

GregZerO

Jelly Bisquit

• Spirited Aways
  • 262 posts
  • Location???

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

Hmm I remember using both at the same time,mostly the controls ofcourse but also moving the gamepad too for small precise changes.Also when I was fighting the ghosts and I was using Lock on,during the "Fatal Frame" momments I tilt the gamepad like crazy,up,down,diagonal,round which made my shots feel more satisfying and fun to me.

I liked the whole gamepad thingy,feel like they could do more stuff with it  but since FFV is probably the game that makes the best use of the WiiU gamepad,I'm not complaining.I would ofcourse prefer the time & money that they used for the gamepad fuctions to have been spent in other parts of the game but on the other hand,it was a nice diferrent touch,so why not do it (once) in the main francise?

Edited by GreekShadow, 22 November 2017 - 05:33 AM.

tumblr_mayvegYZYE1rnbk4so1_400.gif

#4 OFFLINE   AnimalLover47999

AnimalLover47999

Destroyer of ad hominems.

• Spirited Aways
  • 715 posts
  • LocationIn a nest made of the Kusabi's hair.

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

Motion controls.  The sticks don't feel like they had any polish put into them and the Wii U's control stick is bad enough on its own without unpolished controls getting in the way.

I also never use lock on because the controls are good enough without them and it makes the game more fun for me without it.  I think the best setup you can have with them are either a roley chair or being willing to stand up during battles, the former of which I have and the latter I'm more than willing to do.  I'd say the gyro camera controls are probably the most polished and fun thing about the game for me and I hope that they bring them back for a Switch game.

Edited by AnimalLover47999, 22 November 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Meital

Meital

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 289 posts
  • Locationwith Onion-san

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

mm I remember using both at the same time,mostly the controls ofcourse but also moving the gamepad too for small precise changes.Also when I was fighting the ghosts and I was using Lock on,during the "Fatal Frame" momments I tilt the gamepad like crazy,up,down,diagonal,round which made my shots feel more satisfying and fun to me.

I think I used both too. Mostly the same reason as GreekShadow said.

I also liked Gamepad function, I think it added nice little extra to it and I kinda felt (time to time) that I was actually using the Camera Obscura when I played the game for the first time. I don't say it didn't had any problems, but I think it was very creative from them ^^ (but I'd like to have WiiU pro controller as a option, because I love normal controller all the way. Gamepad makes my hands hurt if I play it too long because I have too small hands lol)

#6 OFFLINE   TomoChan

TomoChan

Assistant Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 285 posts
  • LocationChamber of Thorns

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

I tried using the motion controls, thought it would make it feel more like I'm holding the camera and all, but I kept forgetting to look at the gamepad during fights. So I just changed it to sticks completely. I did retry using the gamepad motion controls again, but I kept twisting my body in weird positions to keep up with the ghosts haha. (then I realized I totally could've just used the right stick to move the camera around instead of my body) But, I just stick to the sticks.

a80Suw0.png

#7 OFFLINE   ナガクラ

ナガクラ

Lingering Shadow

• Spirited Aways
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location日上山

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

On my first run I went with motion controls because it was the default option then on my second run I went with the sticks. There was some nostalgic value using the sticks but it was a bit hard getting used to them at first because I kept swinging the gamepad to my face. I wish they showed the camera frame but I can understand why they didn't because there are times you have to rotate the gamepad but at least they showed the outline so thats something. I'm fine with using both but I go more with the motion controls. I think it's scarier with the motion controls because there is a window scare that I seem to always forget is there. Too bad they didn't do more scares like this.

Edited by ナガクラ, 24 November 2017 - 11:22 PM.

Anti-Operation Zero
QgZMNB9.png

#8 OFFLINE   MacabrelleEnvy

MacabrelleEnvy

Photographer

• Spirited Aways
  • 418 posts
  • LocationKurosawa Antiques and Cafe

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

I think I like the idea of the motion controls more than I actually like playing with them. I want to use them more and feel like i'm actually using the camera but sometimes it's a pain. I usually use the stick controls because otherwise I might accidentally bonk the toddler on the head. She is sneaky and likes to crawl around on me when I play 😂😂😂

#9 OFFLINE   Mr Johnny

Mr Johnny

Crimson Butterfly

• Spirited Aways
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSaudi Arabia

Posted 19 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

unfortunately I didn't buy Wii u, I went with Ps4 instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatal Frame V, Wii U, Gameplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users